|Famous For||Being in a rumoured relationship with the Indian politician, Shashi Tharoor|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-28-36|
|Date of Birth||2 March 1968 (Saturday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||51 Years|
|College/University||West Virginia University, United States|
|Political Inclination||Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Listening to Music, Watching Films|
|Controversy||In January 2014, she got involved in the Twitter triangle involving Shashi and Sunanda Tharoor and was publicly accused by Sunanda of stalking her husband and of both of them having an affair.|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Shashi Tharoor (Indian Politician; rumoured)
|Husband/Spouse||Name Not Known (a Bahrain-based businessman)|
|Children||Son- Musa Tarar (studying in New York City)
|Parents||Names Not Known|
|Siblings||Brother- Babar Tarar (elder; died in 2019)
Sister- Mano Tarar
|Favourite Politician||Imran Khan|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Shah Rukh Khan, Ali Zafar, Abhishek Bachchan, Ranveer Singh, Ranbir Kapoor|
|Favourite Actress(es)||Katrina Kaif, Iman Ali, Priyanka Chopra, Sandra Bullock|
|Favourite Makeup Artist||Athar Shehzad (a Lahore-based make-up artist)|
|Favourite Film(s)||Punjab Nahin Jaungi (2017), Chennai Express (2013)|
|Favourite Author(s)||Sara Naveed, Shashi Tharoor, Twinkle Khanna|
|Favourite Book(s)||• "All of My Heart" by Sara Naveed
• "Pyjamas Are Forgiving" by Twinkle Khanna
• "Lincoln In The Bardo" by George Saunders
• "Milkman" by Anna Burns
• "Jonathan Wild" by Henry Fielding
• "One Hundred Years of Solitude" by Gabriel García Márquez
|Favourite Sport(s)||Cricket, Football|
|Favourite Footballer||Lionel Messi|
|Favourite Food||Aloo Ka Paratha Aur Chai, Dahi-bhalla|
|Favourite Beverage(s)||Pomegranate Juice, Rooh Afza|
|Favourite Dessert||Banoffee pie|
|Favourite Holiday Destination(s)||Skardu in Pakistan, New York City in the United States|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mehr Tarar
- Mehr Tarar was born into a business family of Lahore.
- Mehr used to work with a Pakistani daily before quitting it in 2014. She then began working with the group’s business channel.
- A Lahore based journo, who has worked with Mehr, describes her as ‘competitive.’
- In the mid-90s, she did some photoshoots in Lahore.
- She is reported to be separated from her husband, a rich businessman based out of Bahrain. She has a son named “Musa” with him who is studying in New York.
- She met Shashi Tharoor for the first time in April 2013 when she had been to India to interview the then Chief Minister of Jammu & Kashmir, Omar Abdullah. Reportedly, it was at a social gathering in Dubai when they saw each other for the second time and had been in touch with emails and Twitter since then. In an interview, Mehr said that she was in contact with him because she was, at that point, writing a book on Kerala, and used to send him articles to get feedback.
- Mehr Tarar’s link-up with Tharoor first surfaced through one of her articles when in her Pakistan newspaper column, My Corner, dated October 20, 2013, she wrote:
Whether they read my tweets or not is immaterial to the secret glee that at any given time I can gush over Amitabh Bachchan’s latest movie, swoon over Channing Tatum’s eyes, eulogise Nicholas Kristof’s wisdom, retweet Imran Khan’s wishes for Pakistan, smile reading Ronan Farrow’s inimitable wry humour (his movie star looks are just an added bonus), be moved by Christiane Amanpour’s heartfelt words on Syrian refugees, awww at SRK’s love for life, or praise Shashi Tharoor for his very cool words (man, his voice is mesmerizing!).”
- Here is what Mehr had to say when interviewed about her being involved in the death of the wife of a high profile Indian politician.
- In December 2018, she became a part of the first-ever TEDx Islamabad Women (their first conference with only women speakers).
- She has also authored a book titled “Do We Not Bleed” that essays the state of politics, religion, and society in Pakistan.
- Mehr loves to visit India where she has many friends from her profession including Shashi Tharoor and Barkha Dutt.
- She is very compassionate towards animals and has a pet dog named ‘Autumn.”
- Mehr Tarar is a huge fan of cricketer-turned-politician, Imran Khan and often shares his photos and ideologies on her social media accounts.
- She loves watching films and never misses a chance to get a selfie with her favourite film stars.