|Praveen Nettar Facebook- Praveen Nettar
|Pavi Facebook- Praveen Nettar
|Politician, Hindu Activist, Broiler Shop Owner
|Being murdered in broad daylight near his shop at Bellare in Dakshina Kannada, Karnataka
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|Date of Birth
|Date of Death
|26 July 2022
|Place of Death
|Bellare, Dakshin Kannada, Karnataka
|Age (at the time of death)
|Murder News 18
|Hinduism Deccan Herald
|Relationships & More
|Marital Status (at the time of death)
|25 January 2019
|Noothana Nettar (librarian at Vivekananda PU college in Puttur)
|Father- Name Not Known
|He had three sisters.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Praveen Nettaru
- Praveen Nettaru was an Indian politician and Hindu activist. He was a member of the Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha and an active member of the Bajrang Dal. On 26 July 2022, he was brutally murdered by a few assailants.
- On 12 October 2020, he started working as an executive member of the Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha.
- He was actively involved in various social services, and he used to organise several social welfare campaigns.
- Praveen participated in various political campaigns of the BJP.
- His favourite quote was,
To be successful, You need friends, But To Be very successful, You need Enemies.”
- He was a dog lover and had a pet dog named Blackey.
- In his leisure time, he loved travelling and playing cricket & volleyball.
- On 26 July 2022, a few unknown assailants arrived on motorcycles and killed him near his broiler shop in Bellare, Dakshin Kannada, Karnataka. After his demise, when reporters talked to his mother, she said,
I’m not feeling well. His father is also a heart patient. He was our only son and had planned to build a home for us. Now, who’ll build it?… Culprits should be punished, whoever did this must be hanged.”
- His murder created a rage among Hindu activists in Karnataka, and the members of BJYM came out on the roads to protest. Later, the employees of BJP IT Cell went on strike. In an interview, the BJP IT cell employees said,
We (IT Cell) are the face of the BJP. We market the BJP. We are the backbone of the BJP. In the next 24 hours, this is going to snowball.”
- Later, in the southern parts of Karnataka, the Vishwa Hindu Parishad called for a ‘bandh.’ The protestors even stopped BJP state party president Nalin Kumar Kateel’s car for not taking action on Praveen’s murder.
- On his demise, the Chief Minister of Karnataka Basavaraj Bommai said,
My government completes one year and it is three years of the BJP rule after coming to power under BS Yediyurappa. We had planned for Janotsava but after looking at the pain of the victim’s mother and family, I have decided to cancel the events. The heinous murder of our party worker Praveen Nettar from Sullia in Dakshina Kannada is condemnable. Those involved in the heinous act will be arrested soon and will be punished as per law.”