|Full Name||Biswajit Ranjitkumar Chatterjee|
|Profession||Actor, Director & Producer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 70 kg
in Pounds- 154 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt & pepper|
|Date of Birth||14 December 1936|
|Age (as in 2016)||80 Years|
|Birth Place||Calcutta, Bengal Presidency, British India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|Hometown||Kolkata, West Bangal, India|
|Educational Qualification||Not known|
|Debut||Film: Kangsa (1958, Bengali)
Bees Saal Baad (1962, Hindi)
Director: Raktatilak (1974)
Producer: Kahtey Hain Mujhko Raja (1975)
Politics: Participatd in general elections from Delhi representing the Trinamool Congress Party (2014) and got 7th place with only 909 votes
|Address||B-32,10th Road, Juhu Scheme, Mumbai|
|Controversies||• 15-year-old Rekha became a victim of a controversy during the shoot of her 'supposed' debut film, Anjana Safar. According to an excerpt from Rekha's biography, the scene featuring Rekha and Biswajeet Chatterjee, the male lead, was supposed to be a short romantic scene with no intimate/offensive actions. However, when the camera rolled, Biswajeet grabbed Rekha and started to smooch her. The director kept yelling 'cut' but the lead actor was in no mood to stop. The Biography further alleges that both the actor and the director had planned out this heinous act for their personal and commercial benefits respectively.|
|Favourite Actors||Chhabi Biswas (Bengali Actor), Ashok Kumar, Dilip Kumar, Raj Kapoor|
|Favourite Singer||Mohhamd Rafi|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Ratna Chatterjee (ex-wife)
|Marriage Date||Not known|
|Children||Son- Prosenjit Chatterjee (Actor, from first wife)
Daughters- Pallavi (TV Actress, from first wife)
Pryma Chatterji (Actress, from second wife)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Biswajit Deb Chatterjee
- Does Biswjit smoke?: Not known
- Does Biswjit drink alcohol?: Not known
- Biswajit had become active as a junior artist on the small stage at a very young age.
- His father got frequent transfers since he was an army personnel, so Biswajit had lived in many places.
- He lost his mother at a very young age.
- Since Biswajit’s father was not happy with his interest in acting he arranged to get admission for him in Dehradun Military Academy. But Biswajit refused to go and his father kicked him out of his house.
- Biswajit, after getting out of his home, stayed in a hostel and continued working in theatre.
- Apart from being an actor, he was also a singer.
- During the shooting of film ‘Shararat’, Biswajit had an accident and got injured severely. He could not move his leg for about two months.
- Since his first marriage could not last long, he married Ira Chatterjee. This marriage caused a huge difference between him and his son.