|Real Name||Tanuja Samarth|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 162 cm
in meters- 1.62 m
in feet inches- 5’ 3”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Hair Colour||Salt & pepper|
|Date of Birth||23 September 1943|
|Age (as in 2017)||74 Years|
|Birth Place||Bombay, British India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|School||St Joseph's, Panchgani, India
St George's, Switzerland
|College||Did not attend|
|Educational Qualification||High School Graduate|
|Debut||Film: Hamari Beti (1950, as child artist)
Chhabili (1960, as adult)
|Family||Father-Kumarsen Samarth (Director)
Mother- Shobana Samarth (Actress, director, producer)
Sister- Nutan (Actress)
|Address||Santa Cruz, Western Mumbai, India|
|Hobbies||Reading, watching movies|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Husband/Spouse||Lt. Shomu Mukherjee (Bengali director, writer and producer)
Daughters- Kajol (Actress)
Tanisha Mukherjee (Actress)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Tanuja Mukherjee
- Does Tanuja Mukherjee drink alcohol?: Yes
- Tanuja was born in a family with a filmy background. Her father was a director and mother a famous film actress. Also her elder sister Nutan was an established actress.
- Tanuja never liked studying but had an immense interest in learning new languages. When she was studying in Switzerland, she used to write letters to her father in the German language.
- She had to leave her school at the age of 16 and make a debut with a small role in the film Chhabili along with her elder sister since her family was facing some financial crisis.
- Tanuja was never very serious about being on the top as a heroine but always wanted to become a fine artist. Hence she always took a potential role even if it was a supporting one.
- Tanuja parted ways with her husband after a ten-year long marriage as there were fights every day. But she never divorced him so that they can redeem their responsibility as good parents to their children.
- Tanuja is a chain smoker and has never been shy about this fact. She even smokes in public, which sometimes becomes objectionable.
- She is also a social activist in Lonavala-Khandala Citizens Forum, which deals with the environmental issues of hill areas.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)