|Chandrashekhar Virupakshappa Angadi Zauba Corp
|ManavGuru ManavGuru Shri Chandrashekhar Guruji- LinkedIn
|Vastu Shastra Expert, Businessman, TV personality
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|Date of Birth
|8 August 1964 (Sunday)
|Bagalkote, Karnataka, India
|Date of Death
|5 July 2022
|Place of Death
|At a private hotel in the Hubballi district of Karnataka
|Age (at the time of death)
|Stabbed to death with knives by Manjunath Marewad and Mahantesh Sirur The Times of India
|Bagalkote, Karnataka, India
|• A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering ManavGuru
• A doctorate in architecture India TV
|In 2019, a client named Suresh Namdeo More, who had availed the services of Saral Vaastu, registered a complaint with the State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission in Maharashtra against Chandrashekhar Guruji alleging that he had suffered a huge loss despite following Guruji's guidance. In his testimony, Suresh More revealed that he had purchased astrological products worth Rs 10,000, which included crystals, a tortoise plate, pyramids, mirrors, etc., as guided by Guruji's representative for the growth and prosperity of his family. However, the family suffered a serious accident while they were on a religious tour to Nashik, which result in the death of the complainant’s wife and father. The redressal commission dismissed the case citing that growth and prosperity are subjective and cannot be assessed, hence, Chandrashekhar was not entitled to pay any compensation to the complainant. Casemine
|Relationships & More
|Marital Status (at the time of death)
|Name Not Known
|Father- Virupakshappa Angadi
Mother- Neelamma Angadi
|Names of his brothers is not known.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Chandrashekhar Guruji
- Chandrashekhar Guruji was a popular Indian Vastu Shastra practitioner, TV personality, and philanthropist, who is well known for his Vastu consultancy firm ‘Saral Vaastu.’
- At 16, after completing secondary school, he pursued his childhood dream to join the army. However, he was rejected in the selection process during the physical examination for being underweight.
- After completing his formal education, he moved to Mumbai in 1989, where he worked as a civil engineer in a construction company.
- After a few years, he ventured into business and established his own construction company. In 1998, he suffered a business loss after getting cheated for Rs 15 lakh. Soon after, he got cheated again for Rs 20 lakh. While Chandrashekhar was suffering the trauma of these losses, a compass and a house plan repeatedly started appearing in his dreams. In 2000, he had a moment of epiphany following which his intuition guided him to integrate his architectural acumen with Vaastu Science.
- Consequently, he started observing the construction and architecture of various houses in relation to the life-related problems faced by the family members living in them.
- In 2002, he founded CG Parivar Private Limited, the parent company of C G Parivar, ManavGuru, Saral Vaastu, and CG Parivar IT Solutions Private Limited (CGPITS). Saral Vaastu and ManavGuru deal in the field of astrology or Vaastu Science, meanwhile, the IT Solutions firm CGPITS provides services like consulting, digital marketing, and content development. Besides India, ManavGuru has branch offices in the USA, Singapore, and Canada.
- He became a household name when he started giving Vaastu advice on the show titled ‘Saral Vaastu.’ The show was telecast on Kannada channels Public TV and Namma TV, Gujarati channel TV9 Gujarati, and Marathi channels Jai Maharashtra, TV9 Marathi, Zee Marathi, and Zee 24 Taas.
- In January 2013, he became a director of the rubber products manufacturing company A1 Polytrade & Mfg Private Limited. He was a director of C Guruji Infrabuild Private Limited, which dealt with the construction of buildings. Additionally, he also held the positions of designated director at CG Parivar Solutions LLP and additional director at C G Parivar Foundation And Research Centre.
- A humanitarian, he adopted Godachi village in the Belagavi district of Karnataka in 2015 and worked towards its social and economical transformation.
- He was one of the founding members of the Sharansankul Charitable Trust.
- In 2014, he began his journey as a YouTuber when he started uploading videos on Vastu tips on maintaining the balance of cosmic energy at home as well as workplace for growth and prosperity on his channel titled ‘Saral Vastu.’ On his channel, he guided his followers on eliminating various life problems related to business, new construction, education, career, wealth, marriage, relationships, and health. He had over 12.9K followers on his channel.
- He started the Kannada info-entertainment TV channel Saral Jeevan in 2016. Owned by CG Parivar Global Vision Private Limited, the channel telecasts non-fiction programs focusing on mythology, history, travel and insights from Indian heritage & culture.
- In 2017, he launched the Saral Floor Planner App, which enabled its users to capture the layout of a house for analysis in order to identify and assess the balance of the cosmic energy in the place. He also launched a mobile application called ‘Saral Vaastu,’ which enabled its users to get regular Vastu guidance tips and stay connected to Chandrashekhar Guruji.
- Chandrashekhar Guruji initiated large-scale outreach initiatives for serving humanity like Jeevan Samasya Mukt Gram, Shikshan Samasya Mukt Gram, Samuhik Vivaah, and Prevention of Farmer Suicides. He established a school for underprivileged students in 2018 in B. Shigigatti village, Karnataka, under the Shikshan Samsya Mukt Gram initiative. While Samuhik Vivaah focused on organising mass marriage ceremonies for people belonging to underprivileged sections of society, the Prevention of Farmer Suicides initiative assisted distressed farmers. Other initiatives launched by him include ‘Saral Education Abhiyaan’ and ‘Manava Abhivruddhi Abhiyaan.’
- On 5 July 2022, at 12:23 pm, Chandrashekhar Guruji was brutally murdered by two men named Manjunath Marewad and Mahantesh Sirur at a private hotel in the Hubballi district of Karnataka. The two men, who were posing as his followers, stabbed him to death with a knife in full public view. Apparently, Guruji was visiting Hubballi to attend the funeral rites of a child in his family. In the reception of the hotel, where Guruji was sitting in a chair, one of the men posed to touch his feet for blessings, while the other pulled out a knife concealed in a white cloth and started stabbing him. Although Chandrashekhar was immediately taken to KIMS hospital, he was declared brought dead there. The assailants, who had run away from the crime scene, were later arrested in Ramdurg, Belagavi, Karnataka.
- Mahantesh Sirur was a former employee of Sarala Vastu, where he looked after Guruji’s finances. Reportedly, Chandrashekhar ran a real estate business, constructing houses and apartments as per Vastu, under the guise of which he held disproportionate assets in the name of his employees, including Sirur. After Sirur quit his job at Sarala Vastu in 2016, Chandrashekhar forcefully tried to recover the assets worth crores of rupees from Sirur, which provoked Shirur to commit his murder. Manjunath Marewad was also a former employee of Guruji. The New Indian Express Vanajakshi, Shirur’s wife, also worked in Sarala Vastu from 2005 to 2019. Although she was detained by the police for a while, she was soon released. While talking about his husband’s gruesome crime to the media, Vanajakshi said,
Guruji was a good man and my husband did a mistake by killing him. There was no dispute between us over financial issues. I don’t know about Guruji’s properties which are in my husband’s name. For the last 4-5 days he had not returned home. When I asked him, he said he was busy.”
- Chandrashekhar Guruji promoted the philosophy of Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam, which means that the entire universe is one family. Saral Vaastu