|Full Name||Chandrashekhar Vaidya|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||07 july 1923|
|Age (as in 2017)||94 Years|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Cancer|
|College||Did not attend|
|Educational Qualification||7th Standard|
|Debut||Film: Bebus (1950)
|Family||Father- Not Known
Mother- Not Known
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Hobbies||Travelling, Watching TV, Reading, Writing|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Late Pushpa (died- 2010)
|Marriage Date||Year- 1937|
|Children||Son- Ashok Shekhar
Daughter- Renu Arora (pathologist)
Grandson- Shakti Arora
Some Lesser Known Facts About Chandrashekhar
- Does Chandrashekhar smoke?: Yes (quit)
- Does Chandrashekhar drink Alcohol?: Yes (quit)
- Chandrashekhar’s father got him married in 1937 when he was only 13 years old so that the former could have another marriage. Later, Chandrashekhar had six half-blood siblings from his new step mother.
- He did a small job of a watchman, which he left two years later during the Quit India Movement. Later he took a job in Ram Gopal Mills. Where he had to push trolleys and was paid Rs 12.50 a month.
- He left Hyderabad for Mumbai with Rs 40 in his pocket and lived with a friend in a chawl in Colaba (in south Mumbai). Before that he used to sleep on the footpath that was near Chitra Cinema (in Dadar, central Mumbai).
- He used to hang around the studios every day but never got the chance to enter. One day, outside Ranjit Studio, someone sitting inside a car asked him if he wanted to be a hero. In this, way he got his first break in Bebus (1950).
- Chandrashekhar has worked in 112 movies and he was seen in several prominent movies with top directors in various roles ranging from lead to character.
- Chandrashekhar made his own movie, Cha, Cha, Cha with Helen as his leading lady and it went onto become a musical hit.
- He occasionally watched the black and white telecast of his earlier movies as a hero on various television channels.
- He regularly chats with people like Dilip Kumar or Pran and reminisces about the good old day. He feels very upset whenever he hears of any of his colleagues passing away, like Dev Anand, Shammi Kapoor, Yash Chopra, Rajesh Khanna and others.
- He likes to enjoy a six-seven course full meal which lasts up to 100 minutes, which he likes while watching TV or reading.
- He does not use a mobile phone and is not comfortable with emails. So, he spends most of his time with stationery and stamps for his dozen-odd daily letters to keep him in touch with his loved ones.
- In 2011 he found his house burgled on Friday afternoon at Andheri (West). The unidentified accused had stolen Rs 22,000 cash and 2 kg silver utensils along with ornaments from the residence of a veteran actor of Hindi films, Chandrashekhar.
- He leads a healthy life. he got up at 5 am, do yoga and pranayama, and took walks. he quit alcohol and non-vegetarian food. His breakfast is porridge and drinks Aloe Vera juice, raw garlic and ginger. In lunch, he takes sprouts, soup, one chapati and a small bowl rice. he never eats rice at night.