Christian Michel Age, Controversy, Wife, Family, Biography & More
|Full Name||Christian James Michel
|Famous For||Being accused in AgustaWestland VVIP helicopter Scam
|Physical Stats & More
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Eye Colour||Light Brown
|Hair Colour||Grey (Semi-Bald)
|Date of Birth||Year- 1964
|Age (as in 2018)|| 54 Years
|Family||Father- Wolfgang Max Richard Michel (Broker)
Mother- Name Not Known
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Controversies||• He is an alleged middleman in the AgustaWestland chopper deal. He was extradited from the UAE to India on 4 December 2018. Indian authorities investigated the accusations that Michel organised bribes to push a ₹3,600-crore contract for VVIP helicopters to be purchased by the Indian Government for the top Indian leaders, bureaucrats, and other officials.
• Michel along with two other middlemen is also accused by the Enforcement Directorate, a law enforcement agency of India, of taking commissions worth €70 million from AgustaWestland to bribe Indian officials who helped him.
• Michel has also been charged in the Milan court for his role in taking millions of dollars from other companies illicitly.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Christian Michel
- His deceased father, Wolfgang Max Richard Michel was also a middleman and acted as a mediator between former Libyan dictator Colonel Muammar Gaddafi and Britain’s Labour Party.
Muammar Gaddafi was helped by Christian Michel’s father
- Christian Michel has also served as a chairman and sole director of Entera Corporation, a British company. His father, Wolfgang Michel had also promoted Entera Corporation along with two other companies; UCM International Trading Limited and Ferro-Imports Limited. In 2004, Entera Corporation went insolvent with more than £1.3 million in debt and Michel was banned from doing business in the UK for seven years.
- With the help of his father, Entera Corporation made more than £2 million from India between 1987 and 1996.
- In AgustaWestland case, Michel is one of the three middlemen being probed in the case, along with Carlo Gerosa and Guido Haschke.
- In 2017, Michel had written a letter to the Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi and insisted that he was a victim of “political conspiracy.”
- In November 2018, a Dubai-based court confirmed the order clearing the way for Michel’s extradition to India.
- Jay Z Height, Weight, Age, Biography, Wife & More
- Damien Chazelle Height, Weight, Age, Affairs, Biography & More
- Cory Tran Height, Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
- Nitin Bali (Singer) Age, Death, Family, Wife, Biography & More
- Soham Mukherjee Age, Family, Biography & More
- Rupsa Batabyal (Dancer) Age, Family, Biography & More
- Lokesh Kumari Sharma (Bigg Boss 10) Height, Weight, Age, Affairs, Biography & More
- Ashima Arora (Masterchef 5) Height, Weight, Age, Family, Biography & More