Age: 32 Years
Education: 12th Standard
Wife: Ritika Sajdeh
|Full Name||Rohit Gurunath Sharma|
|Nickname(s)||Hitman, Ro, Shaana|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 72 kg
in Pounds- 159 lbs
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 40 Inches
- Waist: 31 Inches
- Biceps: 12 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|International Debut||ODI- 23 June 2007 against Ireland at Belfast
Test- 6 November 2013 against West Indies at Kolkata
T20 - 19 September 2007 against England at Durban
|Jersey Number||#45 (India)
|Domestic/State Team||Mumbai, Mumbai Indians|
|Nature on field||Calm|
|Likes to play against||Pakistan, Australia
|Favourite Shot||Pull shot|
|Records (main ones)||• Highest individual score in an ODI match (264 runs).
• The first player to score 2 double centuries in ODIs.
• Shares the record for most number of 6s in an ODI match (16 sixes), joining AB de Villiers and Chris Gayle.
• Second Indian player after Suresh Raina to have scored a century in each of the 3 formats (Test, ODI, T20).
• Highest ODI score by a visiting batsman against Australia in Australia (171 runs).
• Third Indian player to score more than 1,000 runs against Australia in ODIs, joining Sachin Tendulkar and MS Dhoni.
• During the 2019 World Cup, apart from being the highest run scorer (648 runs), he broke many records including the most number of World Cup centuries. He scored his fifth ton in the World Cup in the last league match of India against Sri Lanka; breaking Kumar Sangakkara's record for the most number of centuries in a single World Cup in the process. He also equalled the record for most centuries (i.e., 6 in number) in World Cups with Sachin Tendulkar. He also became only the fourth international batsman after Sachin Tendulkar (India - 2003), Mathew Hayden (Australia - 2007) and Shakib Al Hasan (Bangladesh - 2019) to score over 600 runs in a single edition of the World Cup.
|Career Turning Point||His unbeaten score of 142 runs in 123 balls for West Zone against North Zone at Udaipur in the 2005 Deodhar Trophy.|
|Date of Birth||30 April 1987|
|Age (as in 2019)||32 Years|
|Birth Place||Bansod, Nagpur, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|Hometown||Nagpur, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Swami Vivekanand International School and Junior College, Mumbai
Our Lady of Vailankanni High School, Mumbai
|Educational Qualifications||12th standard|
|Family||Father- Gurunath Sharma (Worked as a caretaker of a transportation company storehouse)
Mother- Purnima Sharma
Brother- Vishal Sharma (Younger)
|Address||A 4-BHK apartment in Ahuja Towers, Worli, Mumbai
|Hobbies||Travelling, watching movies, playing table tennis & video games|
|Controversies||In the 2015 World Cup quarter-final match between India and Bangladesh, when Rubel Hossain took the wicket of Rohit Sharma, Pakistan's umpire Aleem Dar adjudged Rubel's full-toss as waist high 'no-ball'. However, TV replays showed that it was a real touch-and-go situation which could have gone either way. The very next day ICC president Mustafa Kamal who criticised "poor umpiring." ICC, however, claimed that it was a 50-50 call and umpire's decision must be respected.
|Favourite Cricketers||Batsman : Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag
Bowler : Harbhajan Singh
|Favourite Food||Aloo Parantha, Chinese cuisine, eggs|
|Favourite Actors||Hrithik Roshan, Akshay Kumar, Saif Ali Khan|
|Favourite Actresses||Kareena Kapoor, Vidya Balan, Deepika Padukone, Megan Fox, Blake Lively|
|Favourite Films||Bollywood: Veer-Zara, Hera Pheri, Jo Jeeta Wahi Sikander, Border
Hollywood: The Avengers, Iron Man, The Dark Night Rises
|Favourite Directors||David Dhawan, Priyadarshan, Imtiaz Ali, James Cameron|
|Favourite Songs||Tere Liye Hum Hai Jiye from the film Veer-Zaara (2004), Started From The Bottom by Drake|
|Favourite Car||Aston Martin|
|Favourite Hotel||Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort, Mauritius|
|Favourite Destination||New York|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Sofia Hayat (Actress)
Ritika Sajdeh (Sports manager)
|Wife/Spouse||Ritika Sajdeh (Sports manager, m.2015-present)
|Marriage Date||13 December 2015
|Children||Daughter- Samaira (born in 2018)
|Cars Collection||BMW M5 Series|
|Salary (as in 2017)||RETAINER FEE: 1 crore (INR)
TEST FEE: 15 lakh (INR)
ODI FEE: 6 lakh (INR)
T20 FEE: 3 lakh (INR)
|Net Worth||227 crore (INR)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rohit Sharma
- Does Rohit Sharma Smoke?: No
- Does Rohit Sharma drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Rohit’s mother tongue is Telugu.
- He was born in Nagpur, and when he was 1½ years old, his family moved to Dombivali in Mumbai’s suburbs.
- His family’s financial condition was not good enough, so, he was sent to live with his grandparents in Borivali where he started playing ‘Galli Cricket.’
- When he was in 6th standard, he joined a local club during his summer vacation, not as a batsman but as an off-spin bowler as there were too many batsmen.
- His talent was first discovered by his school coach, Dinesh Lad when he took a couple of crucial wickets in a 10-over under-12 tournament in 1999.
- Earlier, he used to bat at No. 8 or 9, as a tailender, but when his coach saw potential in his batting, he promoted his batting order in the nets. And, for the first time, he opened in an inter-school ‘Giles Shield’ tournament match, where he scored career changing 120-odd runs.
- He once said that he struggles to bat against Brett Lee.
- In 2009, he took an IPL hat-trick for Deccan Chargers against Mumbai Indians at Centurion, South Africa, by dismissing Abhishek Nayar, Harbhajan Singh, and Saurabh Tiwary.
- He is a firm believer of Lord Ganesha and visits the Siddhivinayak Temple before any tour.
- He once bunked his school to meet Virender Sehwag.
- He is a huge fan of the Real Madrid Football Club.
- He loves to sleep a lot.
- If not a cricketer, he would have been a real estate businessman.