Age: 45 Years
Wife: Mehtab Agitok Sangma
|Full Name||Conrad Kongkal Sangma|
|Profession(s)||Politician, Social Worker, Businessman|
|Political Party||National People's Party (NPP)|
|Political Journey||2008-2013: Became the member of the Meghalaya Legislative Assembly
2008-2009: Became the member of Cabinet Minister - Finance, Power and Tourism, Govt. of Meghalaya
2009-2013: Became the Leader of Opposition, Meghalaya Legislative Assembly
2016: Elected to 16th Lok Sabha in a bye-election
2016: Became the member of the Standing Committee on Energy
2018: On 6 March 2018, he was appointed the 12th Chief Minister of Meghalaya.
2023: On 7 March, he was sworn in as the Chief Minister of Meghalaya to head a coalition government for the second straight term. The Hindu
|Biggest Rival||Mukul Sangma|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Date of Birth||27 January 1978|
|Age (as of 2023)||45 Years|
|Birthplace||Tura, Meghalaya, India|
|Hometown||Tura, Meghalaya, India|
|School||St Columbas School, New Delhi|
|College/University||Imperial College London, England
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
|Educational Qualification||BBA (Entrepreneurial Management)
|Address||Walbakgiri, P.O. Tura,Distt. West Garo Hills, Meghalaya|
|Hobbies||Playing guitar and piano, Listening to music, Travelling|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marriage Date||7 June 2009|
|Parents||Father- Late Purno Agitok Sangma (Politician)
Mother- Soradini Kongkal Sangma
|Brother||James Sangma (Politician)
|Sister||Agatha Sangma (Politician)
|Wife/Spouse||Mehtab Agitok Sangma
|Net Worth||Rs 3 crore|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Conrad Sangma
- Conrad was born into an influential political family as his father, P.A. Sangma served as the Chief Minister of Meghalaya and also as the Speaker of Lok Sabha.
- He started his political career as the campaign manager for his father, P. A. Sangma for the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP), in the 1990s.
- Age the age of 30, he became the youngest Finance Minister of Meghalaya in 2008.
- In 2013, he lost the 2013 Assembly Elections from Selsella constituency to Clement Marak of Congress, but he came back strongly in the 16th Lok Sabha bye-election in 2016 after winning from Tura Parliamentary Constituency, after his father’s sudden demise.
- He is the President, Meghalaya Cricket Association, Sports Academy, and P.A. Sangma Foundation.
- Music is his stressbuster as he loves playing musical instruments, and has organized various musical events in North-Eastern Region.
- Under his leadership, the National People’s Party (NPP) secured 19 seats in the 2018 Meghalaya Assembly elections, after which his party, along with the BJP (2), UDP (6), PDF (4), HSPDP (2) and an Independent candidate formed the new government in Meghalaya.
- On 6 March 2018, he was sworn in as the 12th chief minister of Meghalaya.