|Professions||Yoga Teacher and Sportsperson|
|Known for||Being the Guinness Book record holder for helding a plank for 4 hours, 19 minutes, and 55 seconds in 2019|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Hair Colour||Light Blonde|
|Date of Birth||2 May 1975 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||48 Years|
|Birthplace||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Hometown||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Food Habit||Vegan Dana Glowacka's Website|
|Hobbies||Travelling and Hiking|
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (ski coach)
Mother- Glowacka Janina Wladyslawa
|Siblings||Brother- Chris Glowacki
Some Lesser Known Facts About Dana Glowacka
- Dana Glowacka is a Canadian athlete, fitness enthusiast, and yoga trainer known for being the Guinness Book record holder in an abdominal plank position for the longest time in 2019.
- According to her, regular practice allowed her to improve her planking skills and maintain a good posture. Her job as a yoga teacher helped her become an expert at planking.
- Once, in a media talk, Dana Glowacka narrated that her son motivated her to set a record. This happened after she came second in the International World Cup Plank Challenge in Beijing in 2016. In 2016, her best time for planking was around 2 hours. However, when Dana Glowacka attempted the World Record in 2019, she managed to double her personal best. Before Dana’s World Record attempt, her previous best was 4 hours and 1 minute during practice sessions.
- On 18 May 2019, at the 1st International Plank Training Conference in Naperville, Illinois, U.S.A., Dana set a remarkable record in an abdominal plank position and managed to hold a plank for 4 hours, 19 minutes, and 55 seconds.
- She broke the previous record held by Maria Kalimera, who had the title with a time of 3 hours and 31 minutes in 2015. Soon after winning the World Record in abdominal plank, Dana Glowacka explained the strategies she used while facing challenges in a media conversation. She said,
When it gets very uncomfortable, I just close my eyes and focus to find my inner calm. During planking, you encounter mental barriers that you need to overcome. They come and go.”
Dana Glowacka was further asked how it felt to hold the plank position for a long time. Glowacka replied,
It was uncomfortable in my hips. Planking requires a strong mindset.”
- Later, in a media interview, Dana shared her initial experience when she began practising planking. She said,
The first time I tried it, I could barely hold myself up for about 4 minutes! Slowly, I built up the time, which brought me to the 2016 International World Cup Plank Challenge in Beijing. I placed second there, with a time of two hours and five minutes.”
- According to Dana Glowacka, becoming an ultra planker didn’t happen overnight; it took years of practice and a tough training routine. Her trainer, George Hood, a former marine and the 2019 male holder of the longest plank World Record, helped her. When she decided to aim for the World Record, she reached out to him, and he taught her the methods he had used. Dana Glowacka shared in a media conversation that achieving the record was the result of daily, intensive training with a clear goal to be the best she could be and to make her son proud. Dana started her training schedule after her son made a comment about Kalimera’s record a year ago, and she practised for many years to achieve her feat.
- During the record-setting session, Dana Glowacka made it easier on her muscles by alternating between forearm planks and high planks. She could also listen to music and check her phone while holding the plank position.
- In her leisure time, Dana Glowacka likes travelling to distant places and hiking.
- Dana Glowacka likes enjoying alcoholic beverages occasionally.
- Dana Glowacka follows a vegan diet and often shares healthy recipes on social media. On her Instagram, she frequently shares her training techniques, what she eats, and photos of her doing planks in interesting locations.
- Dana Glowacka is a compassionate animal lover. She has a pet dog. She often shares pictures of her pet on social media.