|Real Name||Raj Babbar|
|Political Party||Samajwadi Party (Previously)
Indian National Congress (Present)
|Political Journey||1989: Joined Janata Dalo
1994-1999: Served as a Member of Rajya Sabha
2004: Elected to the 14th Lok Sabha
2006: Suspended from Samajwadi Party
2008: Joined Indian National Congress
2009: Elected for his 4th term as Member of Parliament by defeating Dimple Yadav
2014: Lost the Lok Sabha election to V. K. Singh from Ghaziabad
2018: On 21 March, resigned from the post of the President of Uttar Pradesh Congress Committee
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Date of Birth||23 June 1952|
|Age (as in 2017)||65 Years|
|Birth Place||Tundla, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Cancer|
|Hometown||Tundla, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|School||Faize A Aam Inter College, Agra|
|College/University||Agra College, Uttar Pradesh
National School of Drama, New Delhi
|Educational Qualification||Graduate in Theatre from National School of Drama|
|Debut||Film (Hindi)- Sharda (1981)
Film (Punjabi)- Chann Pardesi (1980)
TV- Mahabharat (1988)
|Caste||Other Backward Class (OBC)|
|Address(es)||1. 20, Mahadev Road, New Delhi
2. Nepathya, 20, Gulmohar Road, JVPD Scheme, Mumbai
3. 94, Ellora Enclave, Dayal Bagh, Agra-282005, Uttar Pradesh
|Controversies||• In 2013, he attracted a controversy by saying that a common man can get a full meal in ₹12.
• In July 2013, he again attracted a controversy by comparing Narendra Modi to Adolf Hitler.
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marriage Date||21 November 1975|
|Wife/Spouse||Nadira Babbar (1975-present)
Smita Patil (2nd wife)
|Children||Sons- Arya Babbar (Actor, from Nadira Babbar), Prateik Babbar (Actor, from Smita Patil)
Daughter- Juhi Babbar (Actress)
|Parents||Father- Kushal Kumar Babbar
Mother- Shobha Babbar
|Siblings||Brothers- Kishan Babbar, Vinod Babbar
Sisters- Anju Babbar + 3 more
|Favourite Actor(s)||Dilip Kumar, Dara Singh|
|Favourite Actress||Smita Patil|
|Salary (as a Rajya Sabha Member)||₹50,000 + other incentives|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹20 Crore (as in 2014)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Raj Babbar
- Does Raj Babbar smoke?: Not Known
- Does Raj Babbar drink alcohol?: Not Known
- He was born into a Hindi family in Tundla, a small town in Uttar Pradesh.
- After attending the National School of Drama in New Delhi, he moved to Mumbai to pursue his acting aspirations. where he started his film career with Reena Roy.
- After giving hits-after-hits, he earned the title of Low-Budget-Amitabh.
- He has worked in more than 200 Bollywood films including some Punjabi films.
- Raj Babbar was the first choice to play the role of Shashi Kapoor in the film Namak Halaal, however, due to some reasons, the role went to Shashi Kapoor.
- The role that Amitabh Bachchan played in the Blockbuster film Shakti (1982), was initially offered to Raj Babbar; however, later on, the role went to Amitabh Bachchan.
- When he asked his parents for his second marriage with Smita Patil, they gave him the option to either opt Smita or the house and he opted Smita.
- In 1986, when Smita Patil died, Raj Babbar returned to his first wife, Nadira.
- He has been very close to the Samajwadi Party Supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav who gave him a ticket for the Rajya Sabha for the first time in 1994.
- In the 1996 Lok Sabha elections, he contested against Atal Bihari Vajpayee from the Lucknow constituency.
- According to sources, it was Amar Singh who created a gorge between Raj Babbar and Mulayam Singh Yadav’s rapport. Once, Raj Babbar publicly called Amar Singh a pimp.
- During the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, Imran Masood, a member of Raj Babbar’s election campaign, delivered a provocative speech against Narendra Modi.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)