Hometown: Tundla, Uttar Pradesh
Age: 68 Years
|Physical Stats & More|
|IMDb Height||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Debut||Film (Hindi)- Kissa Kursi Ka (1977) a supporting role
Film (Punjabi)- Chann Pardesi (1980) as Laali
TV- Mahabharat (1988) as Bharat
|Party||Samajwadi Party (Previously) (1989-2008)
Indian National Congress (2008-Present)
|Political Journey||1989: Joined Janata Dal
1994-1999: Served as a Member of Rajya Sabha
2004: Elected to the 14th Lok Sabha
2006: Suspended from the Samajwadi Party
2008: Joined the Indian National Congress
2009: Elected for his 4th term as a Member of Parliament by defeating Dimple Yadav
2014: Lost the Lok Sabha election to V. K. Singh from Ghaziabad
2018: On 21 March, resigned from the post of the President of Uttar Pradesh Congress Committee
|Date of Birth||23 June 1952 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||68 Years|
|Birthplace||Tundla, Uttar Pradesh|
|Hometown||Tundla, Uttar Pradesh|
|School(s)||• Mufid E Aam Inter College, Agra
• Faiz-E-Aam Inter College, Agra
|College/University||• Agra College, Uttar Pradesh
• National School of Drama, Delhi
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Graduation
• Training at the Method School of Acting India.com My Neta
|Caste||Sonar community (Other Backward Caste) NDTV|
|Address(es)||• 20, Mahadev Road, New Delhi
• Nepathya, 20, Gulmohar Road, JVPD Scheme, Mumbai
• 94, Ellora Enclave, Dayal Bagh, Agra-282005, Uttar Pradesh
|Controversies||• In 2013, he attracted a controversy by saying that a common man can get a full meal in Rs. 12. NDTV
• In July 2013, he again attracted a controversy by comparing Narendra Modi to Adolf Hitler. India TV
• In 2015, a criminal case was filed against him for his involvement in pelting stones at policemen during a protest of his former political party Samajwadi Party which was near Laxman Mela ground in Lucknow. Later, Raj along with other party members surrendered and was released on paying the charges of Rs. 50,000 each. News 18
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Late Smita Patil (Actress)|
|Marriage Date||First Marriage: 21 November 1975 (Friday)|
|Wife/Spouse||Nadira Babbar (1975-present)
Smita Patil (2nd wife)
• Arya Babbar (Actor, from Nadira Babbar) (Born on 24 May 1981)
• Prateik Babbar (Actor, from Smita Patil) (Born on 28 November 1986)
Daughter- Juhi Babbar (Actress, from Nadira Babbar) (Born on 20 July 1979)
|Parents||Father- Late Kushal Kumar Babbar
Mother- Shobarani Babbar
• Kishan Babbar (Image in parents' section)
• Late Vinod Babbar
• Shashi Verma
• Kiran Chandok
• Suman Malhotra
• Anju Sahdev
|Actor(s)||Dilip Kumar, Dara Singh|
Cash: Rs. 7,76,181
Deposits in Banks, Financial Institutions, and Non-Banking Financial Companies: Rs. 5,22,54,562
Bonds, Debentures and Shares in companies: Rs. 11,29,691.25
Personal loans/advance given: Rs. 2,45,65,461
Motor Vehicles: Rs. 38,61,000
Jewellery: Rs. 1,25,20,935
Residential Buildings: Rs. 10,52,20,260 My Neta
Some Lesser Known Facts About Raj Babbar
- Raj Babbar is a well-known Indian actor and politician.
- After attending the National School of Drama in New Delhi, he moved to Mumbai to pursue his acting aspirations.
- He rose to the fame after his portrayal of a rapist in the Hindi film ‘Insaaf Ka Taraazu’ (1980).
- He has acted in many Hindi films like ‘Sau Din Saas Ke’ (1982), ‘Insaaf Ka Tarazu’ (1980), ‘Kalyug’ (1981), ‘Nikaah’ (1981), ‘Sansar’ (1987), and ‘Bodyguard’ (2011).
- He moved to Nadira’s parents’ house after getting married to her in 1975, due to lack of finances.
- When he asked his parents for his second marriage with Smita Patil, they gave him the option to either opt Smita or the house, and he opted Smita. After Smita’s death, he returned to his first wife.
- Raj Babbar has acted in the Hindi TV serials like ‘Bahadur Shah Zafar’ (1986) as Akbar, ‘Mahabharat’ (1988) as Bharata, ‘Maharaja Ranjit Singh’ (2010) as a narrator, and ‘Pukaar- Call For The Hero’ (2014) as Amarjeet Shergill. He acted in the Bengali film ‘Anutap’ in 1992.
- He appeared in the Punjabi films like ‘Aasra Pyar Da’ (1983), ‘Mahaul Theek Hai’ (1999), ‘Shaheed Uddham Singh’ (2000), ‘Yaaran Naal Baharan’ (2005), ‘Ek Jind Ek Jaan’ (2006), ‘Apni Boli Apna Des’ (2009), and ‘Tera Mera Ki Rishta’ (2009).
- In the 1996 Lok Sabha elections, he contested against the famous Indian leader Atal Bihari Vajpayee from the Lucknow constituency.
- He has founded a film production company Babbar Films Pvt. Ltd. along with his brother Kishan.
- Once one of his friends Arun Khanna had a stroke in Mumbai, and Raj Babbar paid his medical bills, because Arun’s financial condition was not good at that time.
- The role that Amitabh Bachchan played in the Hindi film ‘Shakti’ (1982) was initially offered to Raj Babbar; however, later on, the role went to Amitabh Bachchan.