|Profession(s)||Actor, Poet, Storyteller, Theatre Director, Writer, Columnist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Hair Colour||Salt and Pepper|
|Debut||TV: Bin Kuch Kahe (2017)|
|Awards||• Mahindra Excellence in Theatre Award (META) for Best Supporting Actor- 2008
• Ustad Bismillah Khan Yuva Puruskar from Sangeet Natak Akademi- 2010
|Date of Birth||29 May|
|Birthplace||New Delhi, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|Colleges||• Delhi School of Economics, New Delhi
• Faculty of Management Studies, New Delhi
|Educational Qualifications||• M.Econ. (Master of Economics)
• M.B.A. (Master of Business Administration)
|Hobbies||Reading Poetry, Photography, Travelling|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Children||Son- Not Known
Daughter- Zahra Husaini (Musician)
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (Economist)
Mother- Name Not Known (Professor of Persian Literature)
|Siblings||Brother- Not Known
Sister- Name Not Known
|Favourite Actor||Shashi Kapoor|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Danish Husain
- Danish Husain was born and raised in a conservative Shia Muslim family.
- During his college days, he used to mimic his professors.
- In 1997, Danish started working in a bank where he worked for up to five-and-a-half years but later on, he quit the job to follow his passion for writing and acting.
- Thereafter, he started his career as a columnist.
- Danish learned acting skills from Barry John Acting Studio, New Delhi where he got a chance to act in the play ‘Khamosh! Adalat Jaari Hai’.
- He was called by Naseeruddin Shah in 2006 to perform at the Prithvi Theatre, Mumbai and since then, he has been performing there at regular intervals.
- He has also directed many plays like ‘Krapp’s Last Tape’, ‘Chinese Coffee’, ‘Newton’, ‘Ek Punjab Ye Bhi’, ‘Qissebaazi’, ‘Guards at the Taj’, etc.
- In between 2014- 2015, Danish moved to Mumbai and entered the entertainment industry.
- He has appeared in many Hindi movies like ‘Peepli Live’, ‘Dhobi Ghat’, ‘Ankhon Dekhi’, ‘Welcome To Karachi’, ‘City of Dark’, ‘Alif’, ‘Mantra’, etc.
- Danish has also written the script for the movie ‘Welcome 2 Karachi’.
- He has worked in the TV serials- ‘Losing Gemma’ and ‘Bin Kuch Kahe’.
- Danish is well known for ‘Dastangoi’ (Urdu oral storytelling art form).
- He runs a theatre company- ‘The Hoshruba Repertory’ and premiered its first play ‘Guards At The Taj’ at the Prithvi Theatre Festival 2015.
- Danish is associated with the Remember Bhopal Museum as a trustee.
- In 2018, he was invited by the Shah Rukh Khan‘s talk show- ‘TED Talks India Nayi Soch’.
- Danish is a cat lover.