|Full Name||Dayanidhi Murasoli Maran|
|Political Party||Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK)
|Political Journey||• In the 2004 Lok Sabha Election, he was elected to the parliament from Chennai Central constituency.
• He resigned from the post of the union cabinet minister on the moral grounds due to Dinakaran attack case controversy in 2007.
• On 26 May 2006, he was appointed as Union Minister for Communications and Information Technology in the UPA government.
• In the 2009 Lok Sabha Election, he was re-elected to the parliament from the same constituency and was the Union Textile Minister from 2009 to 2011.
• In the 2014 Lok Sabha Election, Maran lost the election to AIADMK's S. R. Vijayakumar.
|Biggest Rival||S. R. Vijayakumar (AIADMK)
|Date of Birth||5 December 1966|
|Age (as in 2017)||51 Years|
|Birthplace||Madras, Madras State (now Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India)|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|School||Don Bosco, Egmore, Chennai|
|College/University||Loyola College, University of Madras, Chennai
Harvard Business School (USA)
|Educational Qualification||Degree in Economics|
|Address||No.4/4, Second Avenue, Boat Club Road, R.A.Puram, Mandaveli, Chennai-600 028|
|Hobbies||Playing and Watching Golf, Cricket and Tennis|
|Controversy||In 2018, Madras High Court charged him and his brother, Kalanithi Maran, for BSNL illegal telephone exchange case. He has been accused of setting up an illegal telephone exchange at his residence in Chennai when he was Telecom Minister of India in 2004-06, making a loss of ₹1.78 crore to the government.|
|Girls, Affairs, and More|
|Marriage Date||Year- 1994|
|Wife/Spouse||Priya Dayanidhi Maran|
|Children||Son- Karan Dayanidhi Maran
Daughter- Divya Dayanidhi Maran
|Parents||Father- Murasoli Maran (Politician)
Mother- Mallika Maran
|Siblings||Brother- Kalanithi Maran (Businessman)
|Favourite FM Radio Station||Suryan FM 93.5|
|Favourite Politician||M. Karunanidhi|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹10 Crore (As in 2014)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Dayanidhi Maran
- Does Dayanidhi Maran smoke?: Not Known
- Does Dayanidhi Maran drink alcohol?: Not Known
- He is the grand-nephew of former CM of Tamil Nadu and DMK chief M. Karunanidhi.
- His father, Murasoli Maran, was the Central Industrial Minister from 1996 to 1998 and from 1998 to 2002.
- His brother, Kalanithi Maran, is the founder of Sun Group and a billionaire.
- When he was the union minister under the Manmohan Singh government, he brought a large amount of Foreign Direct Investments into Communication and Information Technology Sector.
- When he was a union minister, he introduced “One Rupee One India” plan across the country, enabling calls across the country at the rate of ₹1 per minute.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡