|Real Name||Kalanithi Maran
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Date of Birth||24 July 1965|
|Age (as in 2017)||52 Years|
|Birthplace||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Leo|
|Hometown||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|School||Don Bosco, Egmore, Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|College/University||Loyola College, Chennai
The University of Scranton, USA
|Educational Qualification(s)||Graduated in Commerce from Loyola College in Chennai
MBA from University of Scranton, USA
|Address||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Hobbies||Watching TV, Listening to Music|
|Awards||2001- Indian Television Academy Awards (Tamil, Malayalam, Kanada and Telugu) for the best TV Channel
2006- Young Businessman Award by CNBC
2009- TiECon "Entrepreneur of The Year"
|Girls, Affairs & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Kaveri Maran (Joint Managing Director, Sun Group)|
|Marriage Date||Year, 1991|
|Wife/Spouse||Kaveri Maran (Joint Managing Director, Sun Group)
Daughter- Kaviya Maran (Born in 1992)
|Parents||Father- Murasoli Maran (former Union Minister of India)
Mother- Mallika Maran
|Grand-Uncle||M. Karunanidhi (former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister)|
|Siblings||Brother- Dayanidhi Maran (Politician, younger)
Sister- Anbukarasi Maran
|Favourite Food(s)||Uttapam, Sambar, Dosa|
|Favourite Actor||Vijay Sethupathi|
|Favourite Actress||Samantha Ruth Prabhu|
|Favourite Films||Telugu- Agynaatavasi
Hollywood- The Dark Knight (2008)
|Favourite Singer||Sid Sriram|
|Cars Collection||Rolls Royce Phantom, Armoured BMW 760 Li, Bentley Bentayga, Mercedes-Maybach Benz S660 Guard|
|Net Worth (Approx.)||₹3000 Crore (as in 2018)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kalanithi Maran
- Does Kalanithi Maran smoke?: Not Known
- Does Kalanithi Maran drink alcohol?: Not Known.
- He was born in a politically influential and active family.
- Also, he is the son of Murasoli Maran; former Union Minister of Commerce and brother of India’s former Textile Minister Dayanidhi Maran.
- In the early 1990s, he started a monthly Tamil magazine- Poomaalai.
- When Bill Clinton (the then President of the United States) visited India, Kalanithi Maran was among the few representatives at a round-table with him.
- In 2010, with a net worth of US$4 Billion, Kalanithi Maran became the 17th richest Indian. The same year, he also became the highest paid businessman in India.
- For the fiscal year 2011–2012, Kalanithi and his wife, Kaveri were ranked second highest paid Indian executives with a package of ₹62 crore, behind Naveen Jindal.
- His wife, Kaveri Maran is the Joint Managing Director of Sun Network that was founded by Kalanithi.
- Sun Network was among the first to procure the license for satellite broadcasting.
- It started with three hours of Tamil programs in the ATN channel under the brand name of Sun TV.
- The network gradually expanded to a 24-hour television channel in Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada and Bengali.
- Today, this channel is viewed by around 95 million people in India and other countries like the US, Singapore, Malaysia, South Africa, and Australia.
- His name came up in a criminal case filed by Jak communication, a cable TV distribution company owned by Azhagi.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)