Age: 55 Years
Wife: Suparna Haldar
|Other Name||Debsankar Halder|
|Profession||Theatre and Film Actor|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• ABP Ananda Sera Bangali Award for Best Actor (2013)
• Sangeet Natak Academy Award (2014)
• The Bengali stage centenary Star Theatre Award (2018)
|Date of Birth||8 January 1965 (Friday)|
|Age (as in 2020)||55 Years|
|Birthplace||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Hometown||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|College/University||Scottish Church College, University of Calcutta|
|Hobbies||Reading Novels, Writing|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Abhay Haldar (Actor of Bengali Jatra)
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother- Amiya Haldar (Theatre Artist)
|Food||Baigun Bhajja, Bhapaa Aloo|
|Actor(s)||Uttam Kumar, Al Pacino|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Debshankar Haldar
- Debshankar Haldar is an Indian theatre artist and film actor.
- He was born in a middle class family in Kolkata.
- Haldar has worked with many popular Bengali theatre groups, like “Nandikar,” “Rangapat,” “Natyaranga,” “Sudrak,” “Gandhar,” “Bratyajon,” “Sansriti,” and “Blank Verse.”
- Debshankar was interested in politics in his college days and was a part of the student politics.
- It was his father who introduced Haldar to the world of theatre.
- In 1986, he joined Nandikar’s acting workshop to learn the basics of acting.
- Debshankar enjoyed being at the workshop and decided to become a theatre artist.
- After the completion of the acting workshop, Debshankar joined the Nandikar theatre group and did plays like “Shesh Shakkhatkar,” “Gotroheen,” “Football,” “Nagar Kirtan,” and “Jaha Chai.”
- He, then, went on to do do plays with different theatre groups like Winkle Twinkle (Sansriti), Virus M (Gonokrishti), Shajahan (Natyaranga), Furrut (Blank Verse), Topi (Story Teller), and Romcom (Lokkrishti).
- He has also featured in many Bengali films, like “Drishyantar,” “Kalkijug,” “Accident,” “Alik Sukh,” “Arundhati,” and “Maya Mridanga.”
- Debshankar has written and directed more than 40 children plays, like “Bhalo Manush Noigo Mora.”
- At a single time, Debshankar has performed in 23 different productions, a feat which no other actor from Bengal has achieved until now.
- Haldar is a very versatile actor. He has played maximum four different characters on a single day during a theatre festival.
- Debshankar is often reffered to as the Shah Rukh Khan of the Bengali drama.
- In 2010, Rangapat theatre group organised a theatre festival to showcase the works of Haldar. Reportedly, no other stage actor from Bengal has achieved this mark.