Hometown: Kolkata, West Bengal
Age: 42 Years
Girlfriend: Rafiath Rashid Mithila
|Profession(s)||Film Director, Actor, Producer, Screenwriter|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in feet & inches- 6’
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Lyricist (TV): Coffee & More (2009)
Lyricist (Film): Le Chakka (2010)
Film Director: Autograph (2010)
Screenwriter: Autograph (2010)
Actor (Television): Ganer Opare (2010)
Actor (Film): An Unfinished Letter (2010)
Producer: Shah Jahan Regency (2019)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• "Best Director," "Best Original Screenplay," and "Best Cinematography" award at the 62nd National Awards 2015 for the film "Chotushkone"
• "Best Bengali Film" for "Ek Je Chillo Raja" at the 66th National Film Awards
• Young Achiever Award from Rotary International in 2012
• Shera Bangali Award from ABP Anando in 2012
• Shoilojanando Mukhopadhyay Memorial Award in 2012
• BFJA Award in 2012 for remarkable contribution to Bengali Cinema
• Uttam Kumar Memorial Award from the Government of West Bengal in 2013
|Date of Birth||23 September 1977 (Friday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||42 Years|
|Birthplace||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Hometown||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|School||• Dolna Day School School, Kolkata, West Bengal
• South Point School, Kolkata, West Bengal
|College/University||• Presidency University, Kolkata, West Bengal
• Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
|Educational Qualification(s) Anandabazar Patrika||• B.Sc Economics from the Presidency University, Kolkata
• Master's in Economics from the Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
• M.Phil from the Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
|Controversies||• In October 2018, during the #MeToo India Movement, a Facebook user posted that a friend of hers had contacted Srijit to assist him on the sets. When she visited him, she was shocked when Srijit commented on how she looked. Later, Srijit refuted the allegations and addressed the controversy on Facebook. Times of India
• On 17 August 2019, he was served a legal notice for his movie "Gumnami Baba" based on Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose. Reportedly, the relatives of Bose had raised objections to Srijit's movie earlier, and when he did not comply they served him a legal notice. Economic Times
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Ritabhari Chakraborty (2017-2018; Actress)
• Swastika Mukherjee (2018-2019; Actress)
• Rafiath Rashid Mithila (2019-present; Actress)
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Parents||Father- Samaresh Mukherji (Head of the Department of Architecture in Jadavpur University, Kolkata)
Mother- Sumita Sarkar (Doctor)
Sister- Name Not Known
|Actor(s)||Amitabh Bachchan, Prosenjit Chatterjee|
|Actress(s)||Aishwarya Rai, Koel Mallick, Suchitra Sen|
|Film(s)||Mohabbatein (2000), Gangaajal, 2003|
|Cricketer(s) Anandabazar Patrika||Sachin Tendulkar, Brian Lara, Jacques Kallis, Sourav Ganguly, Rahul Dravid, Wasim Akram, Shane Warne, Adam Gilchrist|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Srijit Mukherji
- Srijit Mukherji is an Indian film director, producer, actor, and screenwriter who mainly works in Bengali cinema. He is a National Award-winning director, and his first film won 41 awards.
- He is also an economist, who worked as a social scientist in the Urban Transport and Pollution Sector with TERI in New Delhi; after completing his college education.
- Within a year of getting enrolled in PhD (Economics), he quit the course and joined IRI Symphony, an MNC in Bangalore. He worked in Bangalore and Milan when he was with IRI Symphony, but he quit his job to pursue theatre and films.
- Srijit has always been interested in theatre. He was involved with the theatre circuit of New Delhi and Bangalore while he was a student and also when he used to work as an economist.
- From 2008 to 2010, he acted in many plays. In 2010, he got the opportunity to be an assistant director, actor, and lyricist for many TV Series and films. He also wrote songs for many albums.
- In 2010, he directed his first feature film, Autograph. It was a critical and commercial success. The film won 41 awards in India, and it was featured in the Abu Dhabi International Film Festival 2010, the Glasgow International Film Festival 2011, the MIAAC Film Festival in New York 2010, and the London-Indian Film Festival 2011.
- In 2011, his second film, “Baishe Srabon” was released starring Prosenjit Chatterjee and Raima Sen. It was the official selection of the Dubai International Film Festival and the closing film at the London-Indian Film Festival. The film had a 105 day run at the box office, making it the blockbuster Bengali film of 2011.
- His fifth film, “Jaatishwar” is considered to be the biggest film of his career. It won 4 National awards for the Best Music Direction, Playback Singing, Costume and Makeup. In 2014, it became the movie with the highest number of National Awards.
- In 2017, he made his Bollywood acting debut with the movie Begum Jaan starring Vidya Balan, Ila Arun, Pallavi Sharda, and Naseeruddin Shah. Srijit was the director of the film and Mahesh Bhatt was the producer.
- Reportedly, in 2018, he was working on a 12 part web series on the short stories of Satyajit Ray.
- In November 2019, according to a source, it was revealed that he was dating Rafiath Rashid Mithila, and the couple were about to get married.
References/Sources: [ + ]