Age: 56 Years
Marital Status: Married
|Famous Role||‘Nanda Baba’ in the Indian television epic series “Shri Krishna"
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Debut||TV: Jan Se Jantantra Tak (1992)|
|Date of Birth||6 December 1963 (Friday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||56 Years|
|Birthplace||Raj Khariar, Nuapada, Orissa, India|
|Hometown||Raipur, Chhattisgarh, India|
|School||Government High School, Raipur|
|College/University||Ravishankar University, Raipur|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Children||He has one daughter.
|Siblings||Shahnawaz is the only child of his parents.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shahnawaz Pradhan
- Shahnawaz was born in a middle class family in Raj Khariar, Nuapada, Orissa.
- His family shifted to Raipur when Shahnawaz was seven years old.
- Shahnawaz performed on the stage for the first time when he was in class seven and from there, he developed an interest towards acting.
- He did his graduation from Ravishankar University.
- While in college, Shahnawaz joined a few local drama groups and started doing plays.
- In 1984, the renowned theatre artist, Habib Tanveer entered his college as a visiting professor. Habib shortlisted a few students to prepare the play. By the time the play ended, Tanveer offered Pradhan to join his theatre group “Naya Theatre.” Shahnawaz was a part of the theatre group for 5 years.
- During his theatre days, Shahnawaz did plays like “Charandas Chor,” “Lala Shohrat Rai,” “Hirma Ki Amar Kahani,” and “Mitti Ki Gaadi.”
- In 1991, Shahnawaz moved to Mumbai to pursue a career in acting.
- Shahnawaz made his acting debut with the show, “Jan Se Jantantra Tak.”
- He shot to fame after appearing in the TV series, “Shri Krishna.”
- Subsequently, he played the role of ‘Sindbad the Sailor’ in the popular fantasy television series, “Alif Laila.”
- Shahnawaz has appeared in many TV serials, including “Byomkesh Bakshi (TV series),” “Tota Weds Maina,” “Bandhan Saat Janmon Ka,” and “Suite life of karan and kabir.”
- He has also appeared in many films, like “Bangistan,” “Raees,” and “Mirzapur.”
- Pradhan has also featured in the advertisements of brands like “Century Plywood,” “Honda Activa 4G,” and “Droom.”
- Besides acting, he also lent his voice for the character of ‘Sugreev’ in the TV series “Hanuman” (2005).
- In August 2015, Shahnawaz played the role of ‘Hafiz Saeed’ in the Bollywood film “Phantom.” The film got banned in Pakistan after Saeed filed a petition in the Lahore High Court. Following the ban in Pakistan, Shahnawaz was kept underground by the makers of the film as a precautionary measure.