|Famous For||Being the founder of Live Tinted beauty products|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 124 lbs
|Date of Birth||4 July 1989 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||32 Years|
|College/University||• University of Edinburg
• The University of Texas at Austin
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Business from University of Edinburg in 2010
• BBA in Marketing at the University of Texas at Austin - Red McCombs School of Business in 2007 Deepica's LinkedIn Account
|Food Habit||Vegan Women's Health|
|Tattoo||She has inked जीवनम सुन्दरमस्ति means 'Life is Beautiful' tattoo on her neck.
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||In an interview with a media house, she stated about her relationship status in 2021. She said,
I actually haven’t been on a date in two years since I moved to Los Angeles. I haven’t dated anyone in a long time. I was in a very serious relationship. It ended a while back. It took me a very long time to heal from that, and then I launched a company, and forgot how to date.”
|Parents||Father- Raja Mutyala
Mother- Padmasri Mutyala
|Siblings||Sister-Monica Mutyala Reddy (MD)
Brother-in-law- Dinesh Reddy
|Beauty products||Tarte Tarteist Pro Amazonian Clay Palette, It Cosmetics You Sculpted! Universal Contouring Palette, Jo Malone Mimosa & Cardamom Cologne, L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Original Mascara, Kopari Coconut Body Glow, and Farsali Rose Gold Elixir|
|Books||The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo, Blink by Malcolm Gladwell, Daring Greatly by Brené Brown, By Invitation Only: How We Built Gilt and Changed the Way Millions, and Shopped by Alexis Maybank and Alexandra Wilkis Wilson|
|Places||Washington Square Park, William Vale, Charlie Bird, Anfora, Rosemary’s|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Deepica Mutyala
- Deepica Mutyala is an Indian-origin American beauty influencer. She is a South-Asian beauty entrepreneur who is the founder and CEO of Live Tinted. This is a multicultural community brand about beauty and culture. She has over 364k followers on her Instagram account.
- In 2009, Deepica was a marketing intern at Florida Breast Cancer Foundation. In 2010, she was a summer intern at L’Oréal USA. In 2011, she started working as an Inventory Deployment Analyst at Limited Brands- Victoria’s Secret PINK in Columbus, Ohio Area. In 2012, she started working at Birchbox as Brand Campaign Strategy Manager for one year and ten months and Brand Development Senior Manager for one year and three months. She became a Beauty Expert & YouTube Personality in 2015.
- Deepica’s rule of makeup is to apply the beauty products according to skin tone, and not according to your specific ethnicity. In an interview with a media house, she explained,
Just because we are the same ethnicity doesn’t mean we can use the same products. It’s all about the undertones of your skin.”
- In 2015, her video went viral on YouTube when she applied red lipstick on the dark circles under her eyes. She was featured on The Today Show and The Dr Oz Show soon after the video went viral. The video got more than 10 million views. New York Times, CNN, Vogue, Marie Claire, Refinery29, and other media ventures have also featured Deepica in their magazines.
- Soon after getting the popularity in beauty hacks, Deepica appeared as a beauty expert on YouTube. She also campaigned online for minority representation by collaborating with various brands and products. Estee Lauder Companies, Coty, LVMH, Unilever, Mastercard, McDonald’s, & Mercedes Benz are some of her partner companies.
- Deepica also appeared in the beauty commercials like L’Oreal and Samsung that were aired during the Academy Awards in 2018.
- Her father ‘Raja Mutyala’ migrated to America when he was 18 years and worked at Arby’s and all other possible jobs. Deepica and her sister Monica were born and brought up in America.
- In January 2018, Deepica founded her own venture named Live Tinted. It is a digital platform that explores a diverse range of beauty products. Its title read as,
Every shade in between.”
- According to Deepica, Live Tinted gives a platform for underrepresented individuals who shares their personal experiences related to beauty, culture and identity.
- In 2019, Deepica launched her own beauty product Huestick that can be applied on eyes, lips and cheeks. It is a multi stick that can be used for dark circles, dark spots, and hyper-pigmentation. After its launch, under the leadership of Deepica, Huestick won Elle’s Future of Beauty Award for Innovation. It was also referred to as the “magic in a pencil” on Good Morning America. According to Forbes,
Live Tinted’s community-driven product line is disrupting 2019 beauty standards.”
- In 2020, she won the Entrepreneur’s Most Powerful Women of 2020 award.
- In an interview, she thanked her former employer ‘Birchbox’ who helped her by providing her encouragement and opportunities to build up her own beauty brand in future. She said,
I worked at Birchbox, and in true startup culture, you can create opportunities for yourself at a startup. And so, I made it very clear to the founders that I wanted to one day create my own beauty brand, and they gave me opportunities in the company to do that. With the blessings and encouragement of my bosses, I started creating beauty videos on my YouTube channel.”
- Deepica underwent an egg freezing procedure in 2021. She announced this action on her social media accounts in January 2021.
- In an interview with a media house, Deepica revealed her skincare routine. She said,
I keep it simple with my go-to Tatcha cleansing oil followed by Ranavat’s toning mist. It’s a brand with Indian founders and is all about Ayurvedic skincare; the jasmine scent reminds me of my family life. I also apply Estée Lauder’s Advanced Night Repair serum. I try a million other serums, but this one is a safe bet for me. Then, I usually end with my holy grail product: Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream. I’ve been using it since before Dr. Jart was on the map.”
- Deepica adores boxing in her leisure time.
- In an interview with a media house, a piece of advice was given by Deepica to budding women entrepreneurs. She stated,
It’s our time to have a seat at the table — move forward relentlessly and always ask yourself when you think you’re being too nice, Would a man ask the same question? “
- Deepica was one of the judges of the Miss Universe Pageant in May 2021.
- In a conversation with a media house, Deepica narrated her rejuvenating bath routine. She stated,
My Sunday night routine involves doing a bath with some bath bombs and calming music or an audiobook, lighting a candle, winding down, and maybe wearing a face mask (I love the Summer Fridays Jet lag mask).”
- Deepica was associated with the Help India Breathe raise funds movement for the Covid-19 situations in India along with YouTuber Jay Shetty in May 2021.
- Deepica’s favourite shows on television are ‘The Undoing on HBO, and Away and The Crown on Netflix.’
- Deepica regularly appeared as a guest on ‘The TODAY Show’ to demonstrate the beauty tips and hacks.
- In a conversation with Instyle beauty magazine, Deepica Mutyala narrated that her own beauty experiences persuaded her to launch her own beauty brand. She explained,
Indian beauty standards are also geared towards fair skin, so I used to hide under an umbrella so I wouldn’t get darker. These memories from when I was a kid have really shaped Live Tinted into what it is today. I wanted to create a brand for people who look like me so we can finally be a part of the beauty narrative.”