Priyanka Maurya Height, Age, Boyfriend, Husband, Family, Biography & More
|Nickname(s)||Dr, Dr Priyanka Facebook-Priyanka Maurya|
|Profession(s)||Doctor, Social Worker, Politician|
|Famous for||Being the face of Congress party’s ‘ladki hoon, lad sakti hoon’ campaign.|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 162 cm
in meters- 1.62 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Political Party(s)||• Indian National Congress (2020-2022)
• Bharatiya Janata Party (Joined on 20 January 2022)
|Political Journey||• In Dec 2020, she joined Indian National Congress as General Secretary IYC (UPE).
• In November 2021, she was appointed as the State Vice President for Uttar Pradesh Mahila Congress.
• On 20 January 2022, she joined the Bharatiya Janata Party.
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||2021: RedFM Achievers Award by RedFM India
2020: Corona Warrior Award by Indian Roti Bank
2020: Corona Warrior Award by Vishwa Hindu Raksha Sangathan
2020: Corona Warrior Award by Rastra Ki Baat
2020: Women of Excellence Award 2020 by Indian Achievers Forum
2020: Corona Warrior Award by International Human Rights Council
|Date of Birth||She celebrates her birthday on 10 July every year|
|Birthplace||Azamgarh, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Azamgarh, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|School||Children College Azamgarh, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|College/University||Jiwaji University, Gwalior, India|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery LinkedIn-Priyanka Maurya|
|Caste||OBC India Today|
|Controversy||In January 2022, Congress's election campaign girl Priyanka Maurya was allegedly denied ticket for the assembly elections 2022 as she refused to pay a bribe. She claimed that instead of giving the ticket to her, it was given to a person who had joined the party a month back. Not satisficed by Congress' decision she left part and joined BJP. The Economic Times|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||7 December 2015|
|Children||Daughter- Name Not Known
|Parents||Father- Mr. Ram Briksh Maurya (homeopathy doctor)
Mother- Name Not Known (homemaker)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Priyanka Maurya
- Priyanka Maurya is an Indian doctor, social worker and politician. She was the face of Indian National Congress ‘ladki hoon, lad sakti hoon’ campaign.
- In 2008, she joined Fly SpiceJet as an executive and worked there for more then two years.
- Priyanka, in 2012 joined Doctor Janta Homeo Clinic to gain experience in providing assistance to patient with homeopathy medicines, huge knowledge of homeopathy procedures,and principles, and deep knowledge of medical conditions and remedies.
- She, as a doctor, is specialised in homeopathic medicine and surgery, and runs a private clinic named Modern Homeopathic Clinic in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. She has the medical experience of over 8 years.
- Priyanka Maurya an active social worker. She is associated with various non profit organisations to help people in need. In November 2019, she became a part of ‘Indian Roti Bank,’ an organisation that aims to provide free food and shelter to people from all communities in our country and they ensure no community should be felt left out. Priyanka volunteered as the State Convener Uttar Pradesh and later in January 2020, she was promoted to be the National Coordinator for the organisation. While volunteering there, she facilitated the Sanjeevani program for underprivileged and poor people to connect with a network of specialist doctors over phone call and obtain medical advice for common health related concerns. She also assembled and chaired the meetings of the state committees.
- Priyanka Maurya was appointed as the brand ambassador for the Help India Rising Foundation in August 2020. The foundations works on alleviating poverty and social injustice which was amplified by the covid crises.
- Later, in December 2020, she joined the Indian National Congress as the General Secretary IYC (UPE). Her ground work impressed the party and later she was appointed as the State Vice President for Uttar Pradesh Mahila Congress.
- In December 2021, the senior leader of Indian National Congress Priyanka Gandhi Vadra launched the campaign ‘Ladki hoon, lad sakti hoon.’ Priyanka Maurya being the State Vice President for Uttar Pradesh Mahila Congress was provided with opportunity to feature on the poster for the campaign. According to sources, Priyanka Maurya was featured to grab the attention of the backward category female voters, as she also belongs to OBC category.
- From assisting poor people in obtaining free medical advice during Covid-19 and lockdown days to organising blood drives and raising awareness about cleanliness, hygiene, food nutrition, and other health-related issues Dr. Priyanka Maurya has been working worked day and night for the good cause. She also kept herself engaged with Congress’s meetings and events. She was expected to receive the ticket for the Sarojini Nagar Vidhan Sabha Constituency, Lucknow to contest in UP assembly election to be held in 2022 , but she was denied the ticket by the party. When the media asked her about the same, she replied,
I am sad that despite my hard work in the constituency, I didn’t get the ticket for UP assembly polls. My face was used in the ‘Ladki Hoon Lad Sakti Hoon’ campaign. I received a landline call and the caller asked me for money for a ticket but I refused. I completed all the tasks but the ticket was pre-planned and was given to a person who came just a month back. I want to send this message to Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi that such things are happening on the ground.”
- Priyanka Maurya ignited the controversy when she claimed that the Congress party is giving tickets on behalf of a huge amount money and the party did not wanted a female OBC leader to contest in the election. She said,
A slogan was raised saying ladki hoon, lad sakti hoon. But it remained only a slogan and did not come to reality as a girl was denied a chance to fight the elections. I had worked hard in my assembly constituency. I put in my heart and soul thinking that I would help people. But the Congress party had pre decided the candidate and I turned out to be just another pawn for them. Party’s manifesto ‘Shakti Vidhan’ which depicts my picture on the front is where the party used me to attract the votes of women, OBCs.”
- Later, On 20 January 2020, the former congress leader joined the Bharatiya Janata Party. On joining the party, she said,
I have joined BJP for a better platform for social service…I was constantly working in Congress…contrary to their slogan ‘Ladki Hun Lad Sakti Hun’, I wasn’t given the chance to fight.”
She further added,
People will say that if you do not get the ticket, then you and bound to say this. Investigate yourself and then find out. We were told that we have to prepare for 2024. The Congress has not been able to beat the ‘jumlas’ of BJP.”
- She is an avid animal lover and has a pet dog at her home.
- Priyanka Maurya often post healthy lifestyle tips with her followers on social media platforms.
|↑4||The Economic Times|