|Profession(s)||Director at IIFL Securities Ltd, YouTuber|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 10”
|Hair Colour||Semi Bald|
|Date of Birth||25 October 1962 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||58 Years|
|School||St. Columba's School, New Delhi (1972-1981)
|College/University||• Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi
• Indian Council of Astrological Sciences, Delhi
|Educational Qualification(s) LinkedIn||• BCom (Hons.) from Shri Ram College of Commerce (1981-1984)
• PhD in Mundane Astrology from Indian Council of Astrological Sciences (2001-2005)
|Hobbies||Playing Cricket, Jogging|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||17 February 1991|
|Wife/Spouse||Rashi Bhasin (homemaker)
• Shivraj Bhasin
• Raghav Bhasin (data analyst at IIFL)
Daughter- Siya Bhasin (student)
|Parents||Father- Vishwa Bhasin
Mother- Sheena Bhasin
|Siblings||Sister- Neerja Bhasin Dev (fashion designer)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sanjiv Bhasin
- Sanjiv Bhasin is the director of the Gurugram branch of IIFL Securities Ltd, one of India’s leading brokerage firms. He is also a famous YouTuber. He uploads videos related to the stock market, and he is often referred to as the market guru.
- While growing up in Delhi, he developed an interest in cricket as Sanjiv’s father was a professional cricketer who played first-class cricket in the Ranji Trophy.
My father was the real cricket 🏏 legend & played Ranji trophy for Delhi while still in St.Stephens collage..extreme right V N Bhasin 👍 pic.twitter.com/QOm5iNJQB2
— sanjiv (@sanjiv_bhasin) April 19, 2020
- Sanjiv also played cricket during his school and college days. In school, he received ‘The Cricketer of the Year’ award, and later, he captained his college’s cricket team. Apart from cricket, he also played hockey in his school and college.
- In 1887, after completing his graduation, Mr. Bhasin started his career as the director of the HB Group Ltd., a Delhi-based metal pipe fittings manufacturer. He quit his job in May 2005 after working there for 18 years. He then joined the Deutsche Bank (a German banking institution) and worked there for the next four years before quitting the job in 2009. In March 2011, he started working as a consultant for ICICI Direct and NDTV.
- In May 2015, he joined IIFL Securities Limited (formerly India Infoline Limited) as a consultant. Soon, he was promoted to the director of the Gurugram branch of IIFL Securities Ltd.
- Sanjiv Bhasin does segments on reputed business news channels, such as Zee Business and CNBC TV18, and his show ‘Bhasin Ke Haseen Share’ is very popular.
- He is also frequently featured in popular business newspapers, stating his views on various stock market strategies and mistakes committed by novice investors.
- Sanjiv regularly conducts seminars and workshops under the IIFL banner, educating people about the financial world.
- Mr. Bhasin started pursuing a course of Jyotish Vidya (astrology) at the Indian Council of Astrological Sciences in Delhi in 2001. Since then, he has been conferred with four degrees of Jyotish Vidya including Jyotish Praveena, Jyotish Visharda, Jyotish Bushan, and Jyotish Kovid, which is equivalent to a doctorate in Mundane Astrology.
- He is a fitness enthusiast, and he takes good care of his health.
Morning run 🏃♀️ in the hills 45 minutes is as good as 90 minutes in the plains 🙏🏻 pic.twitter.com/nQk5nYio56
— sanjiv (@sanjiv_bhasin) August 29, 2020
- Sanjiv started his YouTube channel in September 2019, he uploads videos based on the stock market queries of amateur traders. Soon, he gathered a massive following on his channel, reaching 172K subscribers in 2020.
- Sanjiv Bhasin is held in high regard by his followers for his knowledge of how the stock market works. He has helped many people earn a lot of money from trading and investing in stocks, and some of them have even travelled from far away places just to thank him.
Sweets from Surat by my 2 followers who have made huge gains following me from April 2020 & who came home to meet me… thank you Sandip & Bhupen 🙏🏻👍👌 pic.twitter.com/zinHXMZbyU
— sanjiv (@sanjiv_bhasin) January 24, 2021