|Real Name||Dimple Kapadia|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 161 cm
in meters- 1.61 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 3”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 58 kg
in Pounds- 128 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||35-28-36|
|Date of Birth||8 June 1957|
|Age (as in 2017)||60 Years|
|Birth Place||Not Known|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|School||St. Joseph's Convent High School, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Debut||Film: Bobby (1973)
|Family||Father- Chunnibhai Kapadia
Mother- Betty Kapadia
Sisters- Late Simple Kapadia,
|Address||Samudra Mahal, Birla Lane, Juhu, Mumbai 400049|
|Hobbies||Traveling, Reading, Listening to Music, Doing Yoga|
|Favorite Food||Bhutta Curry|
|Favorite Colors||Red, Brown|
|Favorite Song||Yaara Sili Sili, Jaane Do Na|
|Favorite Actors||Amitabh Bachchan, Jackie Shroff|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Rishi Kapoor, Actor
Sunny Deol, Actor
|Husband||Late Rajesh Khanna, Actor (m. March 1973, div. April 1982)
|Marriage Date||March 1973|
Daughters- Twinkle Khanna, Rinke Khanna
|Net Worth (approx.)||$10 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Dimple Kapadia
- Does Dimple Kapadia smoke?: Not Known
- Does Dimple Kapadia drink alcohol?: Yes
- She was born in a Gujarati family.
- Her father, Chunnibhai Kapadia, was a Gujarati entrepreneur.
- Her younger sister, Simple Kapadia, was also an actress and died of cancer in 2009.
- At the age of 15, she was married to Rajesh Khanna 6 months before the release of her debut film, Bobby, in 1973.
- She retired from acting for 12 years after her first film. According to sources, it was Rajesh Khanna who put a ban on her acting after the marriage.
- She considers her marriage to Rajesh Khanna a farce.
- In an interview, she revealed that she is a “film-crazy” and had aspired to become an actress when she was a child.
- Raj Kapoor introduced her to film industry and gave her a lead role in the 1973 teen romance- Bobby.
- Her performance in the film, Bobby, is considered 4th-best female debut of all-time in Hindi Cinema. She also received Filmfare Award for the Best Actress for Bobby.
- After a gap of 12 years, she made a comeback in 1984 with the film Saagar, which became a sensational hit. It was also selected as India’s official entry to the Oscars in 1985.
- She enjoys a great rapport with her son-in-law Akshay Kumar and in an interview, Kumar revealed that his best friend is his mother-in-law.
- In September 2017, Dimple and Sunny Deol Sunny Deol, whose relationship in the 1980s has been an open secret, were spotted at a bus stop in London holding each other’s hands.