Parineeti Chopra Height, Age, Boyfriend, Family, Biography & More
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-28-34|
|Hair Colour||Black with Medium Golden Brown highlights|
|Physical Transformation||Parineeti Chopra faced the cruel reality of being subjected to body shaming, not only before her entry into the film industry but also during the initial days of her acting career. In response to the negativity, she opted for a substantial weight loss journey, shedding over 28 kgs of weight.
Parineeti's body transformation received negative feedback from the public after she shared a video on social media where she advised Alia Bhatt to "eat less and become thin" as a birthday wish. Twitter users called out her behaviour as "fake" and "obnoxious" and criticized her for promoting unhealthy body image standards. Additionally, in 2015, Parineeti was awarded the Star Dust Award for Style Icon of The Year; however, Rishi Kapoor believed that her weight loss was the sole reason for her win. While talking about this, in an interview, Rishi Kapoor said,
I couldn't believe it when they recently gave an award to Parineeti for losing weight. Can someone please give me an award for gaining weight?"
|Debut||As an Actor
• Film: Ladies vs Ricky Bahl (2011) as 'Dimple Chaddha'
• Short Film: Dor (2014) as 'Ria'
As a Singer
• Song: 'Maana Ke Hum Yaar Nahin' from the film Meri Pyaari Bindu (2017)
• Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut for the film ‘Ladies vs Ricky Bahl’ (2011)
• Zee Cine Award under the category of Best Female Debut for the film ‘Ladies vs Ricky Bahl’ (2012)
• Screen Award for Most Promising Debut Actress for the film ‘Ladies vs Ricky Bahl’
• Global Film Award under the category of Most Promising Debut Actress for the film ‘Ladies vs Ricky Bahl’
• People’s Choice Award for Favourite Debut Actor (Male/Female) for the films ‘Ladies vs Ricky Bahl’ and ‘Ishaqzaade’
• Bhaskar Bollywood Award for Most Dramatic Newcomer (Female) for the film ‘Ladies vs Ricky Bahl’
• Popular Award at Annual Central European Bollywood Awards, India under the category Breakthrough Role (Actress) for the film ‘Ladies vs Ricky Bahl’
• Cosmopolitan Fun Fearless Award under the category of Fun Fearless Debut Actress
• Popular Award at The International Indian Film Academy Awards (IIFA) under the categories Best Actress in a Supporting Role and Best Debut Actress for the film ‘Ladies vs Ricky Bahl’
• National Film Award under the category of Special Mention for the film ‘Ishaqzaade’
• Stardust Award under the category of Superstar of Tomorrow for the film ‘Ishaqzaade’
• Stardust Jury’s Choice Award under the category of Superstar of Tomorrow – Female for the film ‘Ishaqzaade’
• Film Award at the Big STAR Entertainment Awards (also spelt as the BIG Star Entertainment Awards) under the category of the Most Entertaining Actress in a Comedy Film for the film ‘Hasee Toh Phasee’
• Stardust Reader’s Choice Award for Star of the Year – Actress for the film ‘Kill Dil’
• Vogue Beauty Award for Flawless Face
• Special Award at Stardust Awards under the category of Style Icon of the Year
• Vogue Beauty Award under the category of Inspirational Icon
|Date of Birth||22 October 1988 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||34 Years|
|Birthplace||Ambala, Haryana, India|
|School||Convent of Jesus and Mary, Ambala|
|College/University||Manchester Business School, England|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• A triple honours degree in Business, Finance and Economics from the Manchester Business School
• Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) in Music
|Food Habit||Non-vegetarian Parineeti Chopra - Instagram|
|Hobbies||Dancing, singing, meditation, reading, swimming|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Maneesh Sharma (director) (rumoured)
• Charit Desai (script supervisor and director) (rumoured)
• Raghav Chadha (politician) (rumoured)
|Engagement Date||13 May 2023
|Engagement Place||Kapurthala House, Delhi|
|Parents||Father- Pawan Chopra (businessman)
Mother- Reena Chopra (artist)
• Shivang Chopra (doctor)
• Sahaj Chopra (businessman)
• Priyanka Chopra (actor)
• Mannara Chopra (also known as Barbie Handa) (actor)
• Meera Chopra (actor)
|Food||Rajma-Chawal, Kadhai Chicken, Pizza|
|Actor||Saif Ali Khan|
|Restaurant(s)||Ping Pong, Mangi Ferra, Indigo in Mumbai|
|Film(s)||Pakeezah (1972), Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998), Barfi (2012)|
|Song(s)||Just a Dream’ by Nelly, ‘Hey Baby’ by Pitbull and T-Pain, ‘Loca’ by Shakira, ‘Who’s That Chick?’ by David Guetta|
|Singer(s)||Sonu Nigam, Sunidhi Chauhan, Beyoncé|
|Musician(s)||A. R. Rahman, Amit Trivedi|
|Perfume(s)||Narciso Rodriguez, 212 VIP, Acqua Di Gio|
|Holiday Destination(s)||Goa, London|
|Car Collection||She owns an Audi A6 and a Jaguar XJL.
|Assets/Properties||Resides at a sea-facing flat in Bandra, Mumbai
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 60 crores
Note: The net worth was for the fiscal year 2023. News 18
Some Lesser Known Facts About Parineeti Chopra
- Parineeti Chopra is an Indian actor who is known for her work in Bollywood films like ‘Hasee Toh Phasee’ (2014), ‘Golmaal Again’ (2017), and ‘Meri Pyaari Bindu’ (2017). Her role as ‘Zoya’ in the film ‘Ishaqzaade’ (2012) brought her recognition and appreciation.
- She was born into a Punjabi Hindu family in Ambala, Haryana, India.
- Parineeti was studious and consistently ranked among the top three students in her class until the 12th standard.
- She secured the first position across India in the SSC exams and was conferred the award by the then President of India Pratibha Patil.
- While studying at the Manchester Business School in England, she worked for the Manchester United Football Club as one of the team leaders for catering during the matches.
- Parineeti Chopra’s dream of becoming an investment banker was cut short due to the economic recession in the United Kingdom in 2009, which made it challenging for her to find a job in London. As a result, she returned to India and landed a role as a public relations consultant at Yash Raj Films. While working on the promotion of the film ‘Band Baaja Baaraat’ (2010), Parineeti was drawn towards acting. This newfound passion led her to make the courageous decision to quit her executive position to pursue her dream of becoming an actor.
- Parineeti Chopra considers Rani Mukerji her idol and credits her for inspiring her to pursue a career in acting. In an interview, Chopra reminisced about her time as Mukerji’s personal assistant for a day, which she describes as the best day of her life. It was during this time that Mukerji told Chopra that she had the potential to become an actress and encouraged her to pursue it. Chopra was ecstatic to receive such words of encouragement from her idol, Rani Mukerji. While talking about this, in an interview, Parineeti said,
I was her PA just for one day. It was the best day of my life! Because she was my favourite and she was going to my favourite reality show and in fact, I got to spend 1.5 hours driving to Khandala with her. She told me that you know, you have it in you to become an actress. You should become an actress. I was like wow, Rani Mukerji, my idol is saying this to me.”
- Parineeti, in an interview, revealed that she had a fondness for Saif Ali Khan, and she considered him to be her secret crush.
- There were rumours that Parineeti Chopra was in a relationship with the Indian film director Maneesh Sharma. Parineeti, however, in an interview, dismissed such rumours and called them baseless. India Today
- Reportedly, Parineeti and Charit Desai, an Indian script supervisor and director, started dating in April 2017. When she was asked about her relationship with Charit, in an interview, she declined to provide any official statement on the matter. Parineeti, in the interview, said,
I’ve never accepted or denied anything. My family, friends and everybody around know the truth, and that’s all that matters to me. I think the media expects us to make an announcement, but hey, it is my personal life for a reason. So yeah, no acceptance and no denial.”
- In 2018, Charit Desai was spotted attending a lavish pre-wedding dinner party hosted by Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas at a luxurious restaurant in Mumbai, and the following year, i.e., 2019, the rumours about Parineeti Chopra and Charit’s relationship started circulating. Parineeti, in an interview, spoke about her past heartbreak and described it as the most challenging phase of her life. She said,
I have gone through one big heartbreak and I think it’ll be the only one. Honestly, I was a mess. It was the worst time in my life because I had not seen any kind of rejection till then. I needed my family the most. But if anything changed in terms of maturity, it’s all because of that. I thank God for giving me that phase early on in my life.”
- In March 2023, Parineeti was spotted with Raghav Chadha, an Indian politician, in Mumbai which sparked rumours in the media about their potential romantic relationship. On March 28, 2023, Sanjeev Arora, an AAP Rajya Sabha MP, congratulated Raghav and Parineeti Chopra on social media, wishing their “union” to be blessed with love, joy, and companionship.
I extend my heartfelt congratulations to @raghav_chadha and @ParineetiChopra. May their union be blessed with an abundance of love, joy, and companionship. My best wishes!!! pic.twitter.com/3fSWVT4evR
— Sanjeev Arora (@MP_SanjeevArora) March 28, 2023
- Parineeti Chopra is an avid scuba diver, who has dedicated 9 years of rigorous training under the guidance of PADI: Professional Association of Diving Instructors, an organisation providing diver training. Parineeti’s unwavering enthusiasm for scuba diving earned her the coveted title of ‘master scuba diver’ in 2023.
- Parineeti has a deep love for travelling. She often her travel experiences with her fans through her social media posts, showcasing the beautiful places she has visited and the adventures she has had along the way.
- She is not particularly fond of cooking. In an interview, she revealed that despite her love for tea, she finds it challenging to make a cup of tea. She added that her lack of patience with cooking is the primary reason behind her aversion to it. Rediff
- She has a pragmatic approach to fashion and does not prioritize expensive clothing. Instead, she prefers to wear good quality clothes, regardless of whether they are branded or not.
- Parineeti is a trained Hindustani classical singer. In an interview, she talked about her passion for singing and revealed that she received formal training from a guru, belonging to the Agra Gharana, while she was residing with her family in Ambala.
- She is afraid of plane landings. While talking about this, in an interview, she revealed that despite having taken numerous flights, she finds the plane landings uneasy. She further mentioned that she gets concerned about the possibility of a plane crash.
- Parineeti has a keen interest in gadgets and technology. In an interview, she mentioned that used her first paycheck to buy an Apple laptop.
|↑1||Parineeti Chopra - Instagram|