|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 152 cm
in meters- 1.52 m
in feet & inches- 5’
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||TV: Chand Ke Paar Chalo (2009) as supporting actor
|Date of Birth||15 September 1986 (Monday)|
|Date of Death||7 December 2020 (Monday)|
|Mumbai of Death||She died in a hospital in Mumbai. Hindustan Times|
|Age (at the time of death)||34 Years|
|Death Cause||She died after being diagnosed with COVID-19 and Pneumonia. Hindustan Times|
|School||Vidya Bhavan Girls Senior Secondary School, Delhi|
|College/University||Delhi University Facebook|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||22 December 2019 (Sunday)|
|Husband/Spouse||Gagan (Celebrity Manager and Line Producer)
|Parents||Father- Late Vinay Kumar Bhatnagar (Worked at Research and Analysis Wing (RAW))
Mother- Dolly Bhatnagar
|Siblings||Brother- Devashish Bhatnagar
|Food||Home Cooked Rajma Chawal|
|Restaurant(s)||The Dhaba, The Urban Tadka|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Divya Bhatnagar
- She used to participate in various extra-curricular activities when she was in school and college.
- She was once performing in her college drama where a team from the National School of Drama (Delhi) selected her for a theatre play.
- She acted in various Hindi TV serials like ‘Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai’ (2009), ‘Sawaare Sabke Sapne… Preeto’ (2011), ‘Sethji’ (2017), ‘Shrimaan Shrimati Phir Se’ (2018), and ‘Tera Yaar Hoon Main’ (2020).
- Divya also featured in a few TV commercials including Bayar and Visa Debit card.
- She was an avid animal lover and owned three pet dogs Tuk-Tuk, Laila, and Majnu.
- She had a deep faith in Lord Ganesha.
- She followed the teachings of her guruji.
- She loved dancing and was trained in Indian semi-classical dance form.
- She secretly got engaged to her long-time boyfriend in 2015. Their families did not attend their engagement ceremony as it was an inter-caste relationship. In 2019, the couple got married at a gurudwara, and none of their family members attended their wedding ceremony.
- Her father was drugged and robbed in a DTC bus in 2017, and after a few days of this incident, he passed away. Hindustan Times
- Divya used to make lip-sync videos on TikTok until it was banned in India in 2020.
- She was tested positive for pneumonia and COVID-19 in 2020, and due to her critical condition, she was on a ventilator. Hindustan Times
- In 2020, while she was admitted in a hospital, her mother made serious allegations on Divya’s husband, she said,
Whatever anyone may tell you, the time has come to spill the truth. Her husband was a fraud. He has left her and is not bothered to even come forward for a while. She married without informing us. I am against that post marriage she has been living in a very small place in Oshiwara. She was living in a big house at Mira Road earlier. She has undergone a lot in the recent past.”
Later, Divya’s husband posted a video on his social media account giving clarification on the whole matter, he said,
I am Divya’s husband Gagan and there is a lot being said about me these days. There’s a lot written about me everywhere that I am a fraud, I am absconding and my mother asked Divya’s mom that if she needs any monetary help she will help her. I just want to tell everyone one thing that all this is rubbish and please don’t believe them. The truth is I was out of Mumbai because of work. I work in production and everyone knows that our profession requires us to travel out a lot, but I and my family were always in touch with Divya. When Divya fell ill and was tested COVID positive I was out because of work. Her friend got her admitted to hospital and contacted her family. She tried to contact me but since I was in no network area she could reach me. She was in regular touch with my mother.”