|Real Name||Amita Udgata
|Famous For||Her role as "Dadi Bua" in the TV show 'Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi'
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 155 cm
in meters- 1.55 m
in feet inches- 5’ 1”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||16 August|
|Birthplace||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Date of Death||24 April 2018|
|Place of Death||CritiCare Hospital in Mumbai|
|Age (at the time of death)||70 Years (approx.)|
|Death Cause||Lung failure|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Leo|
|Hometown||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|College/Institute||National School of Drama (NSD), New Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Graduated from NSD|
|Debut||Film: Amu (2005)
TV: With a Doordarshan show (1979)
|Hobbies||Reading, Writing, Doing poetry, Playing chess, Directing|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Husband/Spouse||Subhash Udgata (Actor)
|Children||Sons- Ruchin Udgata, Rishab Udgata
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Mother- Name Not Known
|Favourite Politician||Narendra Modi|
|Favourite Film(s)||Umrao Jaan, Pyaasa, Guide, Yeh Saali Zindagi, Dil Chahta Hai|
|Favourite Director||Imtiaz Ali|
|Favourite TV Show(s)||Neem Ka Ped, Dekh Bhai Dekh, Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, Indian Idol|
|Favourite Writer/Poet(s)||Kabir, Premchand, Amrita Pritam, Ramdhari Singh Dinkar|
|Favourite Quote||"Zindagi Ki Yahi Reet Hai Har Ke Baad Hi Jeet Hai."|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Amita Udgata
- Did Amita Udgata smoke?: Not Known
- Did Amita Udgata drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Amita started her acting career in 1965 as a theatre artist while she was doing her graduation from National School of Drama.
- Apart from acting, she had also directed plays for ‘Sahitya Kala Parishad’ events in Delhi.
- From 1979 to 1990, she worked for Delhi Doordarshan.
- She was also seen in films like Aishwarya Rai starrer ‘Sarbjit’ (2016), Parineeti Chopra–Sidharth Malhotra starrer ‘Hasee Toh Phasee’ (2014), and Konkona Sen Sharma starrer ‘Amu’ (2005).
- She was an ardent devotee of ‘Lord Shiva’ and ‘Shirdi Sai Baba.’
- She was an avid animal lover.
- She was fluent in various languages, such as- Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi, Oriya, Bengali, Haryanvi, Bhojpuri, and English.
- She was a good friend of TV actress Abha Parmar.
- She used to consume tobacco.
- On 24 April 2018, she died of ‘lung failure’ in Mumbai’s CritiCare Hospital, where she was admitted for around 4 days ago and was on life support.
- She was last seen in Sony TV’s show ‘Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi.’