|Profession||Air Rifle Shooter|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 11”
|Events||AR60, ARMIX, and ARTEAMM|
|Coach(es)/Mentor(s)||Personal Coach- Deepak Kumar Dubey
National Coach- Kuldeep Sharma
ISSF World Cup
• 2019: In 10m air rifle event in Putian
• 2019: In Mixed team 10m air rifle event in Beijing
• 2019: In Mixed team 10m air rifle event in Munich
• 2019: In Mixed team 10m air rifle event in Putian
ISSF Junior World Cup
• 2018: In Men's team 10m air rifle event in Suhl
• 2018: In Mixed team event in Suhl
ISSF World Cup
2019: In 10m air rifle event in Beijing
ISSF World Cup
2019: In Mixed team 10m air rifle event in Rio de Janeiro
ISSF World Shooting Championships
2018: Mixed team 10m air rifle junior event in Changwon
|Date of Birth||19 October 2002 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||19 Years|
|School||Maheshwari Public School, Jaipur, Rajasthan The Times of India|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Ashok Panwar (Surgeon at Sawai Man Singh Hospital in Jaipur, Rajasthan)
Mother- Nirmala Devi (qualified nurse and runs a medical store at home)
|Siblings||Sister- Anjali (elder)|
|Food||Homemade Dahi (Curd), Chutney, and Roti|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Divyansh Singh Panwar
- Divyansh Singh Panwar is one of the youngest Indian 10-metre air rifle shooters.
- He started his training in shooting at the age of 12 at the Jangpura shooting range in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- Initially, he started training in pistol shooting, but later, he found rifle shooting more interesting. Later, he continued his shooting training in air rifle shooting.
- In 2014, while he was performing at the GV Mavlankar tournament’s qualifying match, his father promised him that he would show him films equal to his scores above 390. In that match Divyansh scored an exact 390 and to watch the films, he made two holes on the target board with a screwdriver.
- In 2017, Divyansh’s father enrolled Divyansh at the Dr. Karni Singh Shooting Range in New Delhi along with Divyansh’s elder sister Anjali as his father was worried about his addiction to the virtual game PUBG. During an interview, while talking about Divyansh, his father said,
When he was a kid, I would draw targets on the walls of our house and they would shoot with a plastic gun. The same year, Divyansh won the state medal and his interest grew in the sport. We then got him a new rifle and a pair of shoes before he went to Delhi to train under Deepak sir. We used to scold him for playing online games and ironically, we saw his final in Beijing online. Like most teenagers, he wasted time playing PUBG rather than focussing on his training or studies and I would often scold him. But I tell you, after winning the medal today, he would have played a round of PUBG.”
- Divyansh then got his training in shooting under the Indian shooter Deepak Kumar Dubey.
- He then performed in various shooting competitions at the national and international levels and won many medals.
- His senior shooting debut match was at the ISSF World Cup in Delhi. In an interview, while talking about his senior-level debut, he said,
Mentally strong ban na hain [I have to become mentally strong]. I need to concentrate on technique, the moment I forget my technique I stop hitting the inner 10s. Will have to improve a lot mentally [because] basics I already know, but I need to work on my mental game, I haven’t worked on that aspect so far.”
- In the same year, based on his performance, he was promoted from the developmental group to the core group of the Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS).
- Divyansh always keeps a pocket-sized book of ‘The Shrimad Bhagavad Gita’ with him and often reads it. During an interview, his coach said,
He now knows how to control himself and sees shooting as a video game, which he plays games once a week. We have taught him breathing control techniques and he carries a small pocketbook of the Geeta. His dream is to win an Olympic gold.”
- In an interview, when he was asked how he managed his studies while practicing shooting. He said,
Study was never the priority for me. I would do just about to pass my exams. Bahut time se dhyan hata hua hai (I have not thought of studies for a bit now). Last year, I just about passed my final exams. But now I am in 12th so I have to be a bit more serious. But to be honest I am not interested in studies at all. But I do just about enough to pass the examinations.”
- He idolises the Indian shooter Abhinav Bindra.
- During an interview, while talking about Divyansh, his junior coach Deepali Deshpande said,
Divyansh is “anti-social” and hates interactions. He keeps to himself, hardly talks and he is not social. He is a typical back-bencher who doesn’t say much in classes. But he is a very confident boy.”
- To maintain his focus and calm, he regularly practices meditation and Yoga.
- In 2020 and 2021, during the COVID-19 lockdown, his coach Deepak Dubey made a shooting range at his flat so Divyansh and other shooters could practice. In an interview, while talking about it, Deepak said,
I realised that we could get a 10-metre distance if I empty stuff from two of my rooms and a lobby in between to get a clear shot at the target. I pasted all the yellow cards, lighting is also good, I checked with the l lighting is also good, I checked with the lux meter. So no problem for training.”
- His coach Deepak Dubey also said that he was worried about Divyansh’s stance in the game which was slightly different and could cause him serious injuries. He further said,
Everyone has told me about the posture. Har chalta phirta aadmi bol deta hai. But until I get to a stage where I have no option but to change it, I will not. I tried tweaking it some time ago at a national camp in 2018. But I wasn’t comfortable in that position. When he was younger, he was very thin. Now at least he has some muscle. What happens is when these kids are younger they either don’t have muscles or lack muscle strength. Then they have to take the support of their bone structure. His posture developed from there.”
Initially, we tried correcting his posture. But later on, we figured it suits him so well, why change it. We just made sure that he’s protected against any injuries. Now he has built his fitness around that position.”
- He is a dog lover and owns a pet dog named Klaus.
- In 2021, the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) ranked him World No. 2 in 10m air rifle shooting. ISSF Sports