|Other Name(s)||• DK Arya Deepak Kumar- Facebook
• Deepak Kumar Gujjar Deepak Kumar- Instagram
|Profession(s)||Air Rifle Shooter and Indian Air Force Sergeant|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 Inches
- Waist: 32 Inches
- Biceps: 12 Inches
|International Debut||Commonwealth Shooting Championship (2017)|
|Event(s)||AR60, ARMIX, and ARTEAMM|
• 2018: Asian Games Jakarta in the event 10 m air rifle men (AR60) held in Palembang
• 2019: ISSF World Cup in the event 10m Air Rifle Mixed Team (ARMIX) held in Munich
• 2021: ISSF World Cup in the event Air Rifle Team Men (ARTEAMM) held in New Delhi
• 2018: ISSF World Cup in the event 10m Air Rifle Mixed Team (ARMIX) held in Guadalajara
• 2019: Asian Championships in the event 10m Air Rifle Men (AR60) held in Doha
|Date of Birth||5 November 1987 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||33 Years|
|School||Gurukul, Pondha Dehradun, Uttarakhand (2008)|
|College/University||Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak, Haryana|
|Educational Qualification||B. A. Deepak Kumar- Facebook Results GC 2018|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Deepak Kumar- Instagram|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Raj Kumar (works in the Delhi Tourism Department)
Mother- Vimal Devi
|Siblings||He has two siblings, and he is the eldest among them.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Deepak Kumar
- Deepak Kumar is a non-commissioned Indian officer in the Indian Air Force and an international-level air rifle shooter.
- While he was in Gurukul, Uttarakhand, he studied the teachings of the Hindu Vedas, Sanskrit, and Yoga.
- In Gurukul, he developed an interest in sports and started practising archery there. Later, he represented Uttarakhand in archery competitions. A few years later, he quit archery due to some medical problem.
- Soon, he developed an interest in shooting and started practising pistol shooting in the shooting range at the backyard of Gurukul. Later, he shifted from pistol shooting to rifle shooting. Once he met the famous Indian shooter Jaspal Rana who motivated him to pursue shooting professionally. He then joined a shooting training school to ace the game.
- After passing out from Gurukul, he joined the Indian Air Force as a Non-Commissioned Officer. Later, he was designated as the Air Force Sergeant.
- He continued his training in rifle shooting and participated in various rifle shooting competitions at the national level. In 2017, he debuted in air rifle shooting at the international level. Later, he won many medals at the national and international levels in air rifle shooting. During an interview, he shared how he felt after winning his first medal. He said,
Everyone keeps thinking about what they will get. I believe in spreading whatever I have learnt from my days in Gurukul. You eventually get your due. There is no point feeling sad about anything. Life is short. I was trailing also in the qualification. I just thought about his words. He often says ‘you have the potential and you know your limits’. Starting was not good, the middle was worse. So I just tried to stay calm.”
- While he was in Delhi in 2018, his luggage was stolen from his car. Later, in 2020, he shared a Facebook post in which he mentioned that his car Honda WR-V car top-end model was stolen from the Keshav Puram VIP Park, near Keshavpuram Police Station, Delhi. Deepak Kumar- Facebook
- He was honoured with a reward of Rs. 75 lakhs for his achievements in the rifle shooting. He received the cash prize from the CM of Delhi Arvind Kejriwal.
- He represented India in the Tokyo Olympics 2020 which were held in 2021 as it was postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic. During an interview, he talked about the Tokyo Olympics 2020. He said,
I have secured an Olympic quota for India in the 10m air rifle event. I booked the berth for my country after I clinched bronze at the Asian Championships last year. However, my place in the Indian shooting contingent isn’t confirmed yet. The Olympic team will be decided in a few months. I feel that I have a 99.99 per cent chance of making it to the team since I have produced good results. India has finished number one in all of the shooting World Cups in 2019. So, I am expecting a great result from the Indian shooting contingent at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.”
- During an interview, he shared his ambition, memorable moment, his hero, and his influencer. He said,
My ambition is winning Olympic gold and being a good human. My memorable moment is making the final in 10m air rifle at the 2017 ISSF World Cup in New Delhi, India. My hero is all handicapped athletes. If they can do better, why not me. My influencer is my coach Manoj Kumar. He was a good shooter and now coach.”
- He is fluent in speaking and writing the Sanskrit language which he learned in Gurukul, Uttarakhand. In an interview, he talked about his school. He said,
I am what I am because of Gurukul. It has taught me the true values of life. My parents sent me away from Delhi because they did not want me to study in a city environment.”
- To maintain his calm & composure, and to improve his focus, he regularly practices Yoga.
View this post on Instagram
- In his leisure time, he loves to read books and travel on his Royal Enfield motorcycle. Deepak Kumar- Facebook