Gajendra Chauhan Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
Wife: Habiba Rehman
Age: 63 Years
|Full Name||Gajendra Singh Chauhan|
|Famous Role||‘Yudhishthira’ in the epic television series “Mahabharat” (1988)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 167 cm
in meters- 1.67 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Debut||Film: Main Chup Nahi Rahungi (1985)
TV: Paying Guest (1983)
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Political Journey||Joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in 2004|
|Date of Birth||10 October 1956 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||64 Years|
|School||Ramjas Sr. Sec. School No.-2, Delhi|
|College/University||All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)|
|Educational Qualification||Diploma in Radiography|
|Hobbies||Watching Films, Travelling|
|Controversies||• Gajendra's appointment as the chairman of the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) proved to be controversial; as a section of the left-wing student association alleged that it was a blatant attempt to "saffronize the institute." Later, Chauhan was made to resign from his post in October 2017. First Post
• On 11 July 2021, he shared a picture on Twitter in which he was seen holding a trophy. According to Chauhan, the trophy was the prestigious Dadasaheb Phalke Award 2021. The Twitterati condemned his claim, and his claim was heavily trolled on social media. The Free Press Journal
|Relationships & More|
|Children||Gajendra Chauhan has one son.|
|Tennis Player||Sania Mirza|
|Film||3 Idiots (2009)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gajendra Chauhan
- Gajendra Chauhan is an Indian television and film actor.
- Gajendra Chauhan was born in a middle-class family in Delhi.
- He is best known for playing the role of ‘Yudhishthira’ in the epic television series “Mahabharat” (1988).
- He did a diploma in radiography from All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
- Thereafter, he attended Roshan Taneja’s acting school to learn acting.
- He made his acting debut in 1983 with the TV series “Paying Guest.”
- Next, he appeared in TV serials like “Rajni” (1985), “Air Hostess” (1986) and “Adalat.”
- His film debut came in the year 1986 with the film “Main Chup Nahi Rahoongi.”
- Some of his popular films include “Dancer,” “Jungle Ki Rani,” “Janam Se Pehle.” Dil Ka Sauda,” and “Hogi Pyaar Ki Jeet.”
- Chauhan has also featured in a few B-Grade and C-Grade films.
- In 2004, Gajendra entered politics by joining the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
- On 9 June 2015, Gajendra became the chairman of the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII). He occupied the seat till October 2017.
- In an interview, he said that after playing the role of “Yudhishthira” in Mahabharat, people had started treating him like the real-life “Yudhishthira” and once a restaurant owner in Delhi denied taking the bill from him where he had gone to eat non-vegetarian food.
|↑3||The Free Press Journal|