Height: 5’ 6”
Age: 44 Years
Husband: Goldie Behl
|Full Name||Sonali Bendre Behl|
|Profession(s)||Actress, Model, Author|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||32-28-32|
|Date of Birth||1 January 1975|
|Age (as in 2019)||44 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School(s)||Kendriya Vidyalaya Malleswaram, Bengaluru
Holy Cross Convent High School, Thane
Welham Girls School, Dehradun
|College/University||Ramnarain Ruia College|
|Debut||Bollywood Film: Aag (1994)
Tamil Film: Kadhalar Dhinam (1999)
Kannada Film: Preethse (2000)
Telugu Film: Murari (2001)
Marathi Film: Anahat (2003)
TV: Kya Masti Kya Dhoom (2001, as a host)
|Caste||Chandravanshiy Kayasth Prabhu (CKP) Mid-Day|
|Address||An apartment on the 5th floor, Juhu, Mumbai
|Hobbies||Cooking, Writing, Travelling, Collecting Art Bric-a-Bracs|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||1995- Filmfare Award for Lux New Face of the Year for the film 'Aag' (1994), Star Screen Award Most Promising Newcomer - Female for the film 'Aag' (1994)
2001- Star Screen Award - Best Supporting Actress for the film 'Hamara Dil Aapke Paas Hai' (2000)
2004- Star Screen Awards - Best Actress Marathi for the film 'Anahat' (2003)
2011- Golden Petal Award - Most Chahiti Personality for the TV show 'India's Got Talent' (2010)
2012- Indian Telly Award - Indian Telly Award for Best Judge Panel for the TV show 'India's Got Talent' (2011)
2017- Zee Rishtey Award - Best Judge for the TV show 'India's Best Dramebaaz' (2016)
2018- Women Achiever's Award - Pride of Maharashtra Award
|Controversies||• On 5 April 2018, Sonali, along with "Hum Saath Saath Hain" co-stars, Saif Ali Khan, Tabu, and Neelam were acquitted by a Jodhpur Court in the 1998 blackbuck killing case, in which Salman Khan was convicted and was sentenced to 5-year, Magistrate Dev Kumar Khatri, pronounced the verdict.
• In 2001, she was arrested by the Mumbai police after a complaint was filed against her for her "offensive" photo for the cover of Showtime magazine in 1998, that "hurt the religious sentiments of the people."
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Raj Thackeray (Politician, Rumour)
Goldie Behl (Filmmaker)
|Marriage Date||12 November 2002|
|Husband/Spouse||Goldie Behl (m. 2002-present)
|Children||Son- Ranveer Behl (born in 2005)
|Parents||Father- Jit Bendre (Worked in CPWD)
Mother- Roopsi Bendre
Sisters- Rupa Ranadive (Elder)
Gandhali Paranjape (Younger)
|Favourite Food(s)||Besan ka Ladoo, Steamed Modak, Caramelized Sesame Smoked Almonds, Roti wrap with Tandoori Mayonnaise, Prawn Curry, Keema Pav, Sushi, Khichdi, French Cuisines|
|Favourite Actresses||Madhuri Dixit, Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Kareena Kapoor|
|Favourite Film(s)||Bollywood- Diljale, Aashiqui 2, Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, Paan Singh Tomar
Hollywood- Austin Powers, As Good as It Gets
|Favourite Book(s)||Draupadi by Pratibha Ray, Paradise by Toni Morrison, The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison|
|Favourite Author(s)||Isabel Allende, Devdutt Pattanaik, Anand Neelakantan, Ravi Subramanian, Toni Morrison, Patrick Rothfuss, Isaac Asimov, Elif Shafak|
|Favourite Beauty Brand(s)||Oriflame, Giordani Gold|
|Car Collection||Audi A6, BMW
|Salary (approx.)||₹4 lakh/day|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sonali Bendre
- Does Sonali Bendre smoke?: No
- Does Sonali Bendre drink alcohol?: Not Known
- She travelled throughout her childhood; as her father used to work in Central Public Works Department (CPWD), and used to get transferred to a new city after every 2-3 years, due to which, Sonali never got a chance to make longterm friends.
- She never thought of doing modelling, but destiny had some other plans for her. During a fashion show at her college, the girl who was supposed to the ramp walk couldn’t make it, after which Sonali was asked to replace her. It was a tough ask for her as until that time she never wore a heel. Luckily, she did well and even won the first prize, after which she started getting modelling offers.
- She was discovered by filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt during a modelling assignment.
- Though she started her acting career with Mahesh Bhatt’s ‘Naaraaz’ (1994), her second film ‘Aag’ (1994) was released first.
- She first met her husband on the sets of ‘Naaraaz’ (1994); as he was producing Mahesh Bhatt’s upcoming film ‘Angaaray’ (1998). It was one-sided love for him but with time they became friends and after a courtship of 5 years, they got married in 2002.
- In the late 1990s, she was immensely popular despite not having many hits and bagged films with the A-list stars and banners, mainly because of her gorgeous looks.
- According to reports, she was the highest paid TV actor in 2014; as she allegedly charged ₹4 lakh per day to be part of Life OK’s show ‘Ajeeb Dastaan Hai Yeh.’
- She has always been a voracious reader, and in 2015, she released her first book ‘The Modern Gurukul: My Experiment with Parenting,’ through which she shared her experiences and challenges as a first-time mother.
- In 2017, she started a digital club called ‘Sonali’s Book Club’ to encourage reading habit.
- She is allergic to perfumes.
- The interior designing of her Juhu apartment was done by her close friend Sussanne Khan, designer duo Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla.
- In July 2018, she tweeted about the news that she has been diagnosed with high-grade metastatic cancer.