|Famous For||Securing an all India rank 1 in the NEET PG 2022 examination|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 162 cm
in meters- 1.62 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Date of Birth||Year, 1999|
|Age (as of 2022)||23 Years|
|School||• Delhi Public School, R. K. Puram, New Delhi
• Goethe Institut, New Delhi
|College/University||Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC), Delhi|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• A course in the German language from Goethe Institut, New Delhi
• MBBS from Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC), Delhi English Jagran
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Mukesh Batra (works in the IT sector)
Mother- Meenu Batra (homemaker)
|Siblings||She had a brother, who died in 2019.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Dr. Shagun Batra
- Dr. Shagun Batra is an Indian doctor who topped (AIR 1) the NEET Post Graduate 2022 examination.
- She grew up in a middle-class family in New Delhi.
- She was a bright student since childhood and topped her class all through her school days (including the class 12 board examination). Talking about it in an interview, Shagun said,
I got a CGPA of 10.0 in Class 10 and 98.2% in Class 12 exams with the PCMB stream.”
- Shagun continued the streak by being a gold medalist in her MBBS course.
- While pursuing her MBBS, she interned at Lok Nayak Hospital, Delhi.
- She concluded her internship during the third year of her college and started preparing for the NEET PG 2022 examination.
- In December 2020, she appeared for the GCLT MAINS exam and secured Rank 2 in it. She was awarded a cash prize of Rs. 6000 for it.
- Shagun achieved an all India rank 1 in The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test Postgraduate examination 2022 in her first attempt. In an interview, expressing her feelings about the same, she said,
This was my first attempt at any PG [postgraduate] entrance exam and it has been a tough but fruitful journey. My parents are over the moon. I think they are more thrilled.”
She further said,
I come from a family of no doctors, so being the first doctor in my family was itself a remarkable thing for me.”
- In May 2022, Dr. Batra secured INI-CET rank 13.
- Reportedly, she joined PrepLadder’s online classes to prepare herself for the exam.
- Meanwhile, she attended Dr Gobind Rai Garg’s live classes for her preparations. During an interview, Shagun shared her preparation plan. She said,
I started studying for the NEET PG 2022 exam in my third year of MBBS. For pre-final and final-year subjects, I used to practise MCQs. I had notes for all 19 subjects ready to revise before the internship commenced.”
She further added,
I concentrated on self-study. I was able to manage coaching, self-study, and college with proper planning and strategy. Marrow GTs and National mock greatly helped my preparation for the NEET PG 2022 exam.”
- When asked about her exam strategy in an interview, Dr. Shagun Batra said,
Good exam practices such as sleeping well before the exam, taking good breakfast, reaching the exam centre on time, etc. were my specific exam day strategy. Trust your instincts, most of the time the correct answer is the one which you guess at the first go. Don’t lose hope, have faith in yourself.”
Concluding her conversation, she said,
Most importantly, it’s just an exam, don’t be discouraged if the results don’t meet your expectations. Keep in mind that your rank does not define who you are.”
- She likes to hang out with her friends and watch shows on OTT platforms, whenever she is free.
- Besides academics, Dr. Shagun also excels in sports, especially, Badminton.
- Interestingly, Dr. Batra never planned to make a career in the medical field. Talking about the same in an interview, she said,
I come from a non-doctor family and being the first-ever doctor, I feel remarkable. I had no plans to proceed in the medical field and it was a last moment decision.”
- Dr. Batra desires to pursue her postgraduation in MD (Medicine) from the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Chandigarh. Talking about the same in an interview, she said,
I really wish to do my PG in Medicine Branch. I had qualified for INI-CET as well but couldn’t get this stream due to the low seat matrix. I’m hoping to get admission to PGI.”