|Real Name||Draupadi Murmu|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party
|Political Journey||• She was elected as the councillor of Rairangpur district of Odisha in 1997. Murmu went on to become the Vice- Chairperson of Rairangpur the exact same year.
• In 2000 assembly elections, she was elected from the same constituency and was given the Department of Transport and Commerce till 2002.
• Government of Odisha gave her the portfolio of Fisheries and Animal Husbandry in 2002. She served at the post till 2004.
• Murmu remained the BJP district president for the Mayurbhanj district from 2002 to 2009.
• In 2004, she was elected as an MLA from Rairangpur and served till 2009.
• Bhartiya Janata Party named her as the state president of Scheduled Tribe Morcha of Odisha in 2006. She remained in the post till 2009.
• She was again named as the BJP district president for the Mayurbhanj district in 2010.
• In 2013, she became BJP district president for the same district for the third time. She was on the post until April 2015.
• She was given the charge of Governor of Jharkhand in May 2015.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 74 kg
in Pounds- 163 lbs
|Date of Birth||20 June 1958|
|Age (as in 2017)||59 Years|
|Birth Place||Mayurbhanj, Odisha, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|Hometown||Mayurbhanj, Odisha, India|
|College||Rama Devi Women's College, Bhubaneswar, Odisha|
|Educational Qualifications||Bachelor of Arts|
|Debut||After working as an honorary assistant professor in the Shri Aurobindo Integral Education and Research, Rairangpur and then as a junior assistant in the irrigation department of Odisha, she joined Bhartiya Janata Party in 1997.|
|Family||Father- Late Biranchi Narayan Tudu
Mother- Not Known
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Favourite Politician||Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Narendra Modi|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Husband||Shyam Charan Murmu|
|Children||Sons- 2 (not alive anymore)
Daughter- Itishri Murmu
|Net Worth (approx.)||INR 9.5 Lakh|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Draupadi Murmu
- Does Draupadi Murmu smoke: Not Known
- Does Draupadi Murmu drink alcohol: Not Known
- Murmu worked as an honorary assistant professor in Shri Aurobindo Integral Education and Research, Rairangpur and then as a Junior Assistant in the irrigation department of Odisha.
- She then entered Politics with Bhartiya Janata Party in 1997.
- Legislative Assembly of Odisha conferred on her the “Nilakantha Award” for the Best MLA of the year 2007.
- She was promoted to the district presidential chair of the party for Mayurbhanj district in 2013.
- In May 2015, Bhartiya Janata Party elected her as the Governor of Jharkhand.
📢⚡TRENDING: Goa CM, Manohar Parrikar passes away, Read his Biography