Age: 35 Years
Hometown: Cooch Behar, West Bengal
Wife: Priyanka Pramanik
|Famous for||Being the youngest minister in Narendra Modi's Council of Ministers|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 167 cm
in meters- 1.67 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Political Party||• All India Trinamool Congress
• Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Political Journey||• Appointed as the Member of Parliament, Lok Sabha on the ticket of All India Trinamool Congress (TMC) in May 2019 from Cooch Behar
• Member of West Bengal Legislative Assembly from Dinhata from 2 May 2021 till 12 May 2021
• Appointed as the Minister of State for Youth Affairs and Sports from BJP on 7 July 2021
• Appointed as the Minister of State for Home Affairs from BJP on 7 July 2021
|Date of Birth||17 January 1986 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||35 Years|
|Birthplace||Dinhata, Cooch Behar, West Bengal|
|School||Bhetaguri Lal Bahadur Shastri Vidyapith, Bhetaguri, Cooch Behar|
|Educational Qualification||• 10th pass MyNeta
• Bachelor's of Computer Applications News18
|Caste||Schedule Caste (SC) Business Line|
|Controversies||• Nisith Pramanik has almost eleven pending criminal cases in his name. These cases involve an attempt to murder case, a case of attempt to outrage the modesty of a woman, two cases of rioting with the help of weapons, and three cases of criminal intimidation.
• The educational qualification of Nisith Pramanik has been questioned ever since he was appointed as the Minister of the State after joining Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). Nisith had given a secondary exam as his highest educational qualification in the affidavits submitted to the election commission. However, Nisith's profile on the Lok Sabha website showed his highest education as Bachelor's Degree in Computer Applications. Former TMC MLA Udayan Guha raised the question and said-
“In March, his highest educational qualification was to have appeared in the secondary exam – he did not clarify in his affidavit if he passed the exam. And now, in July, he has a bachelor’s degree! How can one have a bachelor’s degree without having passed the higher secondary exam?”
Guha also alleged that the school that Pramanikl has mentioned is a non-descript junior school that offers education for students up to Class 5. There has been no official statement given by Nisith Pramanik or any other BJP representative on the above-mentioned matter. The Wire
|Address||Vill.-Kharija Baladanga, Bhetaguri, P.O. Bhetaguri, P.S. Dinhata, Dist. Cooch Behar, Pin - 736134|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Priyanka Pramanik (Housewife)|
|Children||• Debanjan Pramanik
• Nilanjan Pramanik
|Parents||Father- Bidhu Bhushan Pramanik
Mother- Chhanda Pramanik
|Assets/Properties MyNeta||Movable Assets
• Deposits in banks and other financial institutions: Rs. 1.03 lakh
• Cash: Rs. 2.90 lakh
• LIC or other policies: Rs. 42.5 lakh
• Jewellery: Rs. 4.86 lakh
• Non agricultural land: Rs. 27 lakh
• Residential Buildings: Rs. 18 lakh
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 96.29 lakhs as of 2019 MyNeta|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nisith Pramanik
- Nisith Pramanik is an Indian politician and a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). Nisith is serving as the Union Minister of State of Ministry of Home Affairs and the Minister of State of Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
- Nisith Pramanik started his political journey with the All India Trinamool Congress (TMC); however, after a clash of ideologies, he decided to join BJP in March 2019.
- At the age of 35, Nitish Pramanik became the youngest minister in the Union Cabinet.
- Before entering the field of politics, Nisith worked as a primary school teacher at Balakura Junior Basic School, Cooch Behar.
- Nisith’s efforts were noticed by some senior BJP leaders after he defeated a TMC candidate and won the Lok Sabha elections with a margin of more than 54,000 votes.
- After leaving TMC, Nisith gathered more than 300 candidates as independents against TMC candidates, and some of these independent candidates won the elections. After the poll, Nisith went to Delhi and joined BJP on 28 February 2019. Deccan Herald
- Nisith’s mother, Chhanda, belongs to the Koch Rajbongshi community whereas his father, Bidhu Bhushan Pramanik, belonged to the Dalit community. The Indian Express
- After serving his first tenure as the Lok Sabha MP from Cooch Behar, West Bengal, he took oath as the Minister of Home Affairs and the Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports, which made him the first-ever Central Minister from his hometown, Cooch Behar, West Bengal.
— ANI (@ANI) July 7, 2021
- In his leisure time, Nisith loves to listen to music and play football and cricket with his sons and friends. Nisith is also fond of sketching, and he posted a video on his Facebook account in which he was seen making a sketch of Narendra Modi. Facebook