|Real Name||Édouard Philippe|
|Party||Socialist Party (1990s)
Union for a Popular Movement (2002–2015)
The Republicans (2015–present)
|Political Journey||• In 2001, Philippe became the deputy mayor of Le Havre after joining Antoine Rufenacht.
• From 29 March 2004 to 18 March 2008, he was the Regional Councillor
for Upper Normandy.
• In 2008, Philippe was elected to the general council of Seine-Maritime in the canton of Le Havre-5.
• He was elected the mayor of Le Havre in 2010 after the resignation of Antoine Rufenacht and also became president of the agglomeration community of Le Havre the same year.
• After the demise of Jean-Yves Besselat, Phillippe took his position and elected in French legislative election of 2012 for Seine-Maritime's 7th constituency.
• In the 2014 Municipal Elections, he was re-elected to as a mayor of Le Havre with an absolute majority of 52.04% of expressed votes.
• On 15 May 2017, Philippe was appointed as Prime Minister by Emmanuel Macron, President of France.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in Feet Inches- 6’
|Weight||in Kilograms- 78 kg
in Pounds- 171 lbs
|Hair Colour||Black (semi-bald)|
|Date of Birth||28 November 1970|
|Age (as in 2016)||46 Years|
|Birth Place||Rouen, Seine-Maritime, France|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|College||Science Po, Paris, École nationale d'administration (English: National School of Administration) in France|
|Debut||In 2001 as a deputy Mayor of Le Havre, city in north-western France|
|Family||Father- Not Known (But His Father was a teacher)
Mother- Not Known
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Address||Hôtel Matignon, Paris, France|
|Hobbies||Playing Football, Squash, Tennis, Boxing, Writing Novels and Blogs|
|Favourite Politician||Michel Rocard|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Children||Son- Not Known
Daughter- Not Known
Note- He has three children
|Salary||$200,000 per Month|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Édouard Philippe
- Does Édouard Philippe smoke?: Not Known
- Does Édouard Philippe drink alcohol?: Yes
- Philippe’s father is from Le Havre and his mother from Lille.
- Philippe is the First Prime Minister who does not belong to the President’s Party Since 2002. Prior to 2002, Jacques Chirac‘s first Prime Minister Lionel Jospin served from 1997 to 2002.
- From 2004 to 2007 Philippe worked as a lawyer for Debevoise & Plimpton, the international law firm based in the U.S.
- As per french magazine Challenges.fr, Philippe started his political life as a supporter of Alain Juppe, who served as prime minister under Chirac from 1995 to 1997.
- Philippe was educated at Sciences Po – the prestigious Parisian university also attended by Emmanuel Macron.
- Philippe is married to Edith Chabre, who is a teacher at Science Po, Paris. The couple has been married for 12 years and have three children.
- Philippe has written 2 Political Fiction Novels; L’Heure de vérité(2007) and Dans l’ombre(2011).