|Real Name||Emma Martina Luigia Morano|
|Profession||Worked at a Jute Factory|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Date of Birth||29 November 1899|
|Age (as on 15 April 2017)||117 Years|
|Birth Place||Vercelli, Piedmont, Italy|
|Date of Death||15 April 2017|
|Death Cause||Not Known (she was found dead by her caretaker while sitting on chair)|
|Place of Death||Verbania, northern Italy|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|Hometown||Vercelli, Piedmont, Italy|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Family||Father- Giovanni Morano
Mother- Matilde Bresciani
Sister- Angela Morano and 4 more
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Marriage Date||Year 1926|
|Children||Son- 1 (Died at the age of 6 months)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Emma Morano
- Does Emma Morano smoke: No
- Does Emma Morano drink alcohol: Yes
- Emma Morano was engaged to a man who was called to the front during the First World War. Devastatingly, she never saw him again and assumed that he had died.
- Morano later married a man named Giovanni Martinuzzi in 1926. Their relationship, however, was an abusive one so Morano separated from her husband in 1938. She also gave birth to a child who tragically passed away at only 6 months old.
- She had a long-lived family; her mother, an aunt and some of her siblings turned 90, and one of her sisters, Angela Morano died aged 102.
- In December 2011, she was awarded the honor of Knight of Order of Merit of the Italian Republic by President Giorgio Napolitano.
- On 29 July 2016, she was presented with a certificate by Guinness World Records, recognizing her as the oldest person alive. She is also believed to be the last person living who was born in 19th century.
- Notably, Morano was officially recognized as the world’s oldest person after the previous holder of the title, Susannah Mushatt Jones, died in New York in May.
- For around 90 years of her life, Emma Morano followed an extraordinary diet. It consisted of three eggs (2 raw and 1 cooked), fresh Italian pasta, a dish of raw meat and a glass of homemade brandy. However, she now limits herself to 2 eggs and a few biscuits a day.