|Full name||Freddy Dinshaw Birdy Zauba Corp.|
|Profession(s)||Copywriter, Businessman, Painter, Restaurant Designer, and Social Media Influencer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|College/University||St. Xavier's College, Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Educational Qualification||• A course in Advertising
• CA Dropout Business Standard
|Ethnicity||Parsi Hindustan Times|
|Address||J-1861 Chittranjan Park New Delhi Dl 110019 India|
|Controversy||In January 2022, he landed into a controversy after sharing a sarcastic post on his Instagram account hinting towards the Indian actress Deepika Padukone. The Times of India He posted,
"Newton’s Law Of Bollywood – The clothes will get tinier as Gehraiyaan release date approaches.”
In reply, Deepika Padukone posted a story on her Instagram account. She posted,
"Scientists say, the Universe is made up of protons, neutrons, and electrons. They forgot to mention morons.”
The Indian actress Mrunal Thakur liked Freddy’s post for which she was brutally trolled by the netizens. She gave a befitted reply to one of the netizens. She wrote,
"Bhai you are so mentally sick I wish I could get you some flowers and Slam it on your face and thank you for spreading hate! Just to let you know I admire Deepika. Having said that I feel you must get yourself a life, rather than sitting at home and spreading hate, spread love!” Had fun? MaAZA aaya? Now eat good food, go for a run and make friends who love you. I never encourage the troller but I honestly feel sorry for you. Take care sweetheart I pray this tweet changes you a bit and make you a better human”
Later, Freddy made his Instagram account private and uploaded a post in which he replied to Deepika's post,
"Dear Deepika, I’m not ‘mocking you’ for wearing tiny clothes. You can wear your hemlines till your toes or your ears. For all I care. And thank you for calling me a ‘moron’. It’s the only non-fake thing you’ve uttered in your entire career. Love, Fred.”
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (owner of a chartered accountancy firm)
Mother- Name Not Known (Doctor)
|Siblings||He has one sister.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Freddy Birdy
- Freddy Birdy is an Indian copywriter, painter, social media influencer, and restaurant designer.
- In one of his newspaper articles, while remembering his childhood, he wrote,
When I was around seven, my mother picked me up after school and often whisked me off to Bombelli’s at Breach Candy. It was owned by a Swiss gentleman named Freddy Bombelli. It made me think that ‘Freddy’ was a very popular name, maybe like Rahul is today. It was where my mother met her friends for a coffee, a meal, or sometimes treated me to lunch.”
- He was born in Bombay (now Mumbai), and later, he shifted to Delhi. He spent more than 20 years in Delhi.
- Freddy is a professional painter and most of his paintings are text-based. His paintings are mainly based on romance, self-confidence, and mass-marketing.
- Initially, he was called by the Indian advertiser Mohammed Khan for a test in which he had to write a campaign for a soap. Freddy was asked to give a name for the soap, he then asked his mother to suggest a few names for the soap. The name was liked by Mohammed, and Freddy got a big break in his career. After getting the job offer, he decided to quit preparing for CA. In an interview, he said,
I went to my CA tuition teacher to tell him that it was time for adieus. I thought I’d break the news to him gently I was afraid he would be teary-eyed, devastated. And here he was telling me it was the best thing he had heard in all his life.”
- He then started working on the campaign which was given by Mohammed Khan, but it did not take off. Later, he started working as an advertiser for various brands like Rediffusion, Trikaya, Ambience, and Mudra.
- On 2 April 2004, he started a marketing and advertising firm ‘Freddy and Naved Communications Pvt. Ltd.’ along with the Indian advertiser Naved Akhtar. Soon, the firm started getting immense popularity and became one of the best advertising agencies in India. In an interview, while talking about the firm, Freddy said,
To create something exceptional, you mindset must be relentlessly focussed on the smallest detail possible. Therefore, we take pains to recruit the finest talents from the industry. Be it a project or a full-term retainer, our focus is always on creating something that makes us better than what we were yesterday.”
- Freddy and Naved started another advertising agency ‘The Shop’ in 2004.
- He has designed many popular infrastructure projects like The Wine Rack, The Wine Company, and Whiskey Samba.
- Birdy has assisted in designing the interior of The Kimono Club at the Chanakya, Delhi. During an interview, while talking about the design, he said,
The idea was to create a nightspot that the capital has never seen before. It had to be new, fun and super-luxurious, without at all being intimidating. Old Paris and Shanghai, but mixed with modern Bangkok and Beijing.”
- In an interview, while talking about his favourite comic strips. He said,
My favourites of the time the Arvind Denim comic strip series and the Charms ad celebrating the young, fresh, modern, upbeat mood. My all-time favourite is the Thrill ad that used full copy against a red background, very catchy and unusual for its time.”
- Freddy Birdy has won various awards for his copywriting skills. He has won the Copywriter of the Year award 13 times.
- He has been featured among the collection of the best interior designers and architects in India ‘AD100.’
- He was once offered the position of national creative director at McCann Erickson, but he did not accept the offer as it involved extensive travelling.