|Profession(s)||Actor and Dancer|
|Famous Role||'Lakshmi' in Kisna: The Warrior Poet (2005)
|Debut||Film (Actor): Kisna: The Warrior Poet (2005)
TV (Contestant): Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5 (2012)
|Date of Birth||29 September 1984 (Saturday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||35 Years|
|School||Australian School of Isolated and Distance Education, Australia|
|Hobbies||Reading Books, Watching Movies, and Travelling|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Zaheer Khan (Cricketer, Ex-Boyfriend)
|Children||Son- One (Name Not Known)
|Parents||Father- Dev Issaro (Musician)
Mother- Daksha Sheth (Indian Classical Dancer)
|Siblings||Brother- Tao Issaro (Musician)
|Favourite Actor(s)||Johnny Depp, Christian Bale, and Christopher Nolan|
|Favourite Actress||Marion Cotillard|
|Favourite Film(s)||Dancer in the Dark (2000) and Bridget Jones’s Diary (2001)|
|Favourite Singer||Anoushka Shankar|
|Favourite Sport(s)||Tennis and Cricket|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Isha Sharvani
- Does Isha Sharvani drink alcohol?: Yes
- Isha Sharvani is a popular Indian actress and a well known contemporary dancer.
- She was born in Ahmedabad. Later, she moved to Delhi, Orissa, Vrindavan, Bangalore and finally settled in Trivandrum, Kerala. Isha said in an interview
I was about six years old when we went to Vrindavan. We lived in a temple complex as my mother did nrityaseva apart from studying under Sanskrit pundits. It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life because of the colourful, vibrant way festivals like Holi, Janmashtami and Raas Leela are celebrated there. It was like going back 200 years in time.”
- Her father belongs to an Australian business family. He became a Buddhist bhikshu in Thailand and came to India to learn the Dhrupad (Hindustani classical music genre).
- In 1989, her parents founded an art school named- Academy for Art Research, Training and Innovation (AARTI) in Trivandrum, Kerala.
- She received formal training in Kalaripayattu, Kathak, and Chhau dance forms from her mother at the age of 13. She received distance education from Australian School of Isolated and Distance Education, Australia so that she can give more time to her training. Later, she got training in Malkam dance form.
- She debuted in the Bollywood movie Kisna: The Warrior Poet in 2005, opposite Vivek Oberoi. She was spotted by the Bollywood director Subhash Ghai; as he was looking for an actress who can dance exceptionally well. Reportedly, she was not auditioned for the movie.
- She has appeared in many TV commercials including- Parle Hide & Seek and Dabur Vatika soap.
- She has acted in many movies including- Rocky: The Rebel (2006), Good Boy, Bad Boy (2007), and Qarib Qarib Singlle (2017).
- She has also acted in Tamil and Malayalam films like David (2013), Iyobinte Pustakam (2014), and Double Barrel (2015).
- In 2012, she participated in the dance reality show ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’ Season 5, which was aired on Colors TV. She left the show in the mid, due to an injury.
- She was in a serious relationship with the cricketer Zaheer Khan for more than 8 years. There was news that they both got engaged and were planning to get married, but later, in 2012, they decided to part their ways. Times of India
- She is the lead dancer of the Daksha Sheth Dance Company. Her dance group performs live across the world.
- In an interview with Yin and Yang magazine, she said that after her pregnancy in 2014, she had gone to Perth, Australia, where she ran a yoga and dance school.
- On 19 September 2019, three men were arrested by the Delhi police for duping her of AUD 5700 (Rs 3 Lakh) by pretending to be the Australian Tax Officers. News 18