|Birth name||Mehernoush Contractor Masala!|
|Real Name||Mickey Contractor IMDb|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Debut||Film: Mickey Contractor was makeup artist of Kajol for the movie "Bekhudi" (1992).
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Won award for Technical Excellence in the category of Best Makeup for the movie Kal Ho Naa Ho (2003) in 2004
• Won Award for Technical Excellence in the category of Best Make-up for the movie Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (2001) in 2002
• Won an IIFA Award in the category of Best Makeup for the movie Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (2001) in 2002
• Won ELLE Beauty Awards in the category of Makeup Artist Icon in 2017
• He won Best of Beauty Award and was given the title of industry superhero at Vogue Beauty Awards in 2017
• He was conferred with The Specialist Award by Filmfare Glamour and Style Awards in 2019
|Date of Birth||6 October (year not known)|
|Signature||Signature of Mickey Contractor
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||24 February 1994 (Thursday)|
|Children||Son- Yohan Contractor (photographer)
Daughter- Bianca Constractor (model)
|Actress||Helen Ann Richardson Khan|
|Salary (approx.)||25,000 rs per makeup session Dailyhunt|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mickey Contractor
- Does Mickey Contractor drink alcohol? Yes V Beauty
- Mickey Contractor is an Indian makeup artist. He is famous for Aishwarya Rai Bachchan‘s and Kareena Kapoor‘s makeup looks. He has worked with many famous celebrities such as Jacqueline Fernandez, Kajol, Nita Ambani, Shilpa Shetty, Alia Bhatt, Priyanka Chopra Jonas and many more.
- Mickey Contractor was a science student before he joined the beauty industry. When Mickey chose to work in the beauty industry, his mother was concerned for his decision but later supported him for his career.
- His main interest in work was hair styling. He worked as a hairdresser in a salon when he started his career in this industry in 1970. He learnt the art of hairdressing from Tokyo Beauty Parlour in Mumbai. Once, the Bollywood actress Helen came to the salon he was working in, because of the unavailability of any staff to attend her, Mickey was given the opportunity to do Helen’s hair. While talking to her, he expressed his desire to Helen of doing her hairstyle for any of her movies, to which Helen suggested Mickey be a makeup artist as at that time only women did the hairstyling in Bollywood. Masala!
- He always wanted to be part of the film making and the film industry. Mickey struggled for 13 years in the hair and makeup industry of Bollywood. He did the makeup of many supporting actors and extras performing in the films for many years. Later, he started working on doing makeup for portraits with Gautam Rajadhyaksha (photographer) from where he was recognised by his work and was approached to do the makeup of Kajol in her debut movie Bekhudi (1992).
- The movie Bekhudi (1992) was Kajol’s debut movie and it was also Mickey’s debut to work in the movie as a makeup artist and do makeup for the film’s heroine since then they have been really close friends. Mickey is often accompanied by Kajol for doing her makeup for Interviews, movies, magazine cover shoots etc. Kajol and mickey contractor used to play cards on breaks from the movie on movie sets.
- He is known as the Makeup guru of Bollywood and has done makeup and hairstyle for many prominent films such as Hum Aapke Hain Kaun (1994), Dil Toh Pagal Hai (1997), Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998), Mohabbatein (2000), Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham (2001), Kal Ho Na Ho (2003), Don (2006), My Name Is Khan (2010), Karthik Calling Karthik (2010), Don (2006), Veere Di Wedding (2018), Angrezi Medium (2020) and many more.
- He had a turning point in his career when he decided to leave the film industry. For 10 years, he worked in the advertising field which he thought to be more challenging and respectful field to work in. In the field of advertising, he learnt sophisticated and complex makeup techniques, and also gave him the experience to work with different kinds of makeup looks. When his skills were noticed by the film industry in his advertisement field, he was again called in the film industry to work with celebrities.
- He is an animal lover and is occasionally seen posting photos of his pets on his Instagram account. He has a pet named ‘Mowgli’.
- He has been the judge for various beauty award shows. He was the judge of Vogue Beauty Awards for approximately 12 years and have been the judge for ELLE Beauty Awards a few times.
- Apart from doing makeup for the movies, he has collaborated with renowned people for magazine covers and modelling campaigns. He was the makeup artist behind Priyanka Chopra Jonas’s wedding looks and he also travelled to New York with Nita Ambani when she was selected as the Honorary Trustee for the Metropolitan Museum.
- M.A.C the famous makeup company approached Mickey when the company wanted to launch their store in India. He later was appointed as the Director of the makeup artistry at M.A.C Cosmetics India. He has also launched his own makeup products in collaboration with M.A.C. The most selling products introduced by Mickey in collaboration with M.A.C are M·A·C Paint Pot in “Bare Study”, M·A·C “Smolder” Eye Kohl, M·A·C “Carbon” Eyeshadow, M·A·C “Folie” Eyeshadow, M·A·C “Ricepaper” Eyeshadow, M·A·C “Zoom Lash” Mascara, M·A·C #219 Pencil Brush, M·A·C #217 Blending Brush, M·A·C “Lust” Tinted Lipglass and M·A·C “Mocha” Powder Blush. He is often seen using these products on his clients over makeup tutorial videos.
One of the greatest moments in my career was to conceive of the M·A·C Mickey Contractor Collection. From the initial stage of discussing it, to mixing different shades, to testing it on different skin tones and finally getting the photoshoot for the visuals…it was nothing short of a high. The icing on the cake was when the collection was launched and I saw the appreciation it received from the customers and M·A·C Artists all over the world.
- He has been working in the film industry for over 30 years and is known for his signature smokey eye look, which can be seen on Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s and Kareena Kapoor’s makeup looks in various movies and photoshoots, but he gradually inclined towards the dewy no-makeup look, which is one of his favourites makeup up looks. He is the creator of the ‘NO-MAKEUP LOOK’ in India.
References/Sources: [ + ]