Marital Status: Unmarrried
Hometown: Buxar, Bihar
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Date of Birth||Year, 1999|
|Age (as of 2023)||24 Years|
|School||• Woodstock School in Buxar, Bihar (till class 10)
• Sunbeam School, Bhagwanpur in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh (class 11 and 12)
|College/University||Kirori Mal College, Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||A bachelor's degree in Commerce Chahal Academy - YouTube|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Manoj Kumar Lohia (deceased) (wholesale dealer of garments in Buxar district)
Mother- Sunita Lohia (homemaker)
|Siblings||Garima has two sisters and a brother. Her elder sister is married in Jabalpur, and her younger brother, Varun Lohia, is a B.Com student. One of her sisters' names is Astha Lohia.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Garima Lohia
- Garima Lohia is an Indian woman who secured AIR 2 in the 2022 UPSC CSE examination.
- After the demise of her father in 2015, Garima’s mother solely raised Garima and her siblings. In her interviews, Garima credits her mother as her biggest inspiration who stood by her side during the preparation of the UPSC CSE examination.
- Garima lives in a joint family consisting of 13 members, and her grandfather is the bread earner of the family.
- Garima started preparing for the Civil Services Examination in 2020 amid the Covid-19 lockdown. Unlike various UPSC aspirants who join coaching classes, she decided to study at home using resources like books and the internet. However, she did take a test series to prepare for her mains.
- She did not pass her prelims on the first attempt and successfully cleared the examination on her second attempt, scoring 1063 marks.
- She made headlines in May 2023 when the UPSC CSE results were announced. Ishita Kishore (AIR-1), Garima Lohia (AIR-2), Uma Harathi N (AIR-3), and Smriti Mishra (AIR-4) secured the top four positions.
- Garima is fluent in Marwari, Hindi, and English languages.
- She likes listening to podcasts in her leisure time. Most of those podcasts are about self-help and self-improvement.
- An essay on Women Empowerment curated by her was awarded the title of Best Essay by a UN Forum.
- Her optional in the UPSC exam was Commerce and Accountancy.
- Here’s an interesting video about Ishita Kishore’s biography: