Age: 59 Years
|Full Name||Pradeep Rameshwar Sharma MyNeta|
|Profession||Former Police Officer|
|Famous For||Being the encounter specialist with Mumbai Police and for his alleged involvement in the Antilia bomb scare case|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in feet & inches- 6’ 0”
|Year of Joining||1983|
|Positions Held||• Sub-inspector of Mahim police station, Mumbai
• Senior Inspector of Crime Intelligence Unit
|Date of Birth||1 May 1962 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||59 Years|
|College||Shri Shivaji Vidya Prasarak Sanstha L.K.Dr. P.R.Ghogrey Science College|
|Education Qualification||M.Sc. MyNeta|
|Address||73, 601/602, Bhagwan J.B Nagar, Andheri (East) Mumbai - 400059|
|Controversies||• On 31 August 2008, Maharashtra Government suspended Pradeep Sharma from his duty after a recording of a conversation between Sharma and members of Dawood Ibrahim's gang surfaced. In the recording, Sharma was heard talking about criminal activities, and on its basis, the intelligence unit alleged that Sharma was involved in the activities of the Dawood Ibrahim gang. Pradeep defended himself by saying that he was being framed by the Chhota Rajan gang, and he requested police protection as he feared his life was in danger. In May 2009, the corruption charges against him were rejected by a special court, and he was reinstated at the Thane Police Commissioner's office in August 2009.
• Pradeep Sharma was again arrested in 2010 for his connection in the fake encounter of the extra judicial killing of Ramnarayan Gupta, a.k.a. Lakhan Bhaiya, which took place in November 2006. An inquiry team was formed by the Mumbai police, and experts found out that the bullet that killed Lakhan Bhaiya was fired from point-blank range. Sharma spent four years in jail for his role in the death of Lakhan Bhaiya, but he was released from all the charges in July 2013 due to the lack of evidence. All the other cops involved in the murder were given life imprisonment. Hindustan Times
• On 17 June 2021, the National Investigation Agency (NIA) arrested Pradeep Sharma for his alleged involvement in the Antilia bomb scare case. The team of NIA officials conducted a raid at his Mumbai residence, and they seized a printer, a computer, and a laptop. In connection to the case, NIA arrested four police officials, including Sachin Vaze, Riyazuddin Kazi, Sunil Mane, and former police constable Vinayak Shinde. Hindustan Times
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Rameshwar Prasad Sharma|
|Children||Daughter- Niketa and Ankita Sharma|
|Assets/Properties (as of 2019) MyNeta||Moveable Assets
• Bank Deposits: Rs. 86 lakhs
• LIC or other insurance: Rs. 38 lakhs
• Bonds, Debentures, and Shares: Rs. 29 lakhs
• Personal Loans: Rs. 13.68 crores
• Vehicles: Rs. 20 lakhs
• Jewelry: Rs. 9 lakhs
• Agricultural Land: Rs. 6.21 crores
• Commercial Buildings: Rs. 12 crores
• Residential Buildings: Rs. 2.15 crores
|Net Worth MyNeta||Rs. 36 crores (as in 2019)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Pradeep Sharma
- Pradeep Sharma is a former police officer who is known as the encounter specialist of the Mumbai Encounter Squad. He is infamous for his connections with criminal organizations and his involvement in several cases including the Antilia bomb scare case.
- Pradeep Sharma was born in Mathura, Uttar Pradesh, but he moved to Dhule, Maharashtra, at an early age with his family. He completed his formal education in Dhule. His father was a professor of English at a local college.
- Pradeep joined the police force in 1983, and he was posted as the sub-inspector of the Mahim police station.
- In May 1993, Pradeep was sent to neutralize the underworld hitman Subash Makadwala and succeeded in doing so after a brief chase and gunfight. Over the years, he kept working hard and getting promoted and ended up as the head of many police stations in the Mumbai region.
- After several controversies, Pradeep worked till 2019, retired from the head of Anti Extortion Cell, and joined Shiv Sena to start his political journey.
- Pradeep Sharma contested elections for the Maharashtra assembly election from the Nalasopara seat, but he lost the elections to a candidate of Bahujan Vikash Aghadi, Kshitij Hitendra Thakur, by a difference of 43,729 votes.
- Pradeep Sharma is known as the encounter specialist of Mumbai Police involved in more than 300 shootouts. Out of these 300 shootouts, Sharma carried out 113 encounters on his own. India Today
- On the occasion of Raksha Bandhan in 2018, around 12,000 women gathered together to tie rakhi to the former cop Pradeep Sharma.
- Due to his connection with the notorious underworld criminals, several media houses gave Pradeep Sharma the nickname- Bombay’s Dirty Harry.
- Several reports have come forward stating that Sachin Vaze and Pradeep Sharma are close to each other, and Pradeep Sharma was Sachin Vaze’s mentor for a very long time. It was also reported that they were close to Param Bir Singh, who was posted as their reporting DCP in the early 90s.
- In 2014, Abhijit Panse directed the film ‘Rege,’ and the story of the film revolved around an increasing number of criminal activities carried out by kids. The film’s lead role was based on Pradeep Sharma, and it was played by the Bollywood actor Mahesh Manjrekar.