|HG Gauranga Dasa ISKCON Of Silicon Valley
|• Bhakti Shastri
• Motivational Speaker
|Being the Divisional Director of ISKCON (Govardhan Ecovillage) Mumbai, Maharashtra
|• Real wealth is not the assets which we require but the ability to discriminate between reality and illusion.
• Peace is not the absence of chaos but the ability to remain calm in the midst of chaos.
• A person with a controlled mind will not allow any circumstances to affect and impact him.
• Integrity and self-respect is the ability to do or choose the right thing, even when you can get away by doing the wrong thing.
• Impact is dependent on purity and intensity. Numbers, Size and scale do not matter.
• To help others, we first have to learn to see every incident in our life from a positive perspective.
• Loss of results is not such a huge loss as compared to the loss of a person's confidence.
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Awards, Honours, Achievements
|• 2017: United Nations award for Excellence and Innovation in Tourism from the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO): Only NGO from India to receive this award in the last 13years for its initiative on “Eco-Tourism as a catalyst for Rural Development”
• 2017: Shri GaurangaDas felicitated by Mr.VinodZutshi, Principal Secretary, Ministry of Tourism GOI for leading GEV’s Sustainable tourism initiative in the IBSA (India Brazil South Africa) Tourism Conference at Delhi
• 2017: Green Village Platinum Ratings from the Indian Green Building Council
• 2017: Shri GaurangaDas received the title of IGBC Fellow from the Indian Green Building Council for outstanding contribution to the Green Building movement in India
• 2017: Aqua Excellence Award for Green Housing from the Aqua Foundation
• 2017: Spirit of Humanity Awards in the Livelihood category from the AmericaresIndia Foundation
• 2017: Smart Village Award by the India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO) for being a sustainability project in rural Maharashtra
•2017: Water Digest in association with UNESCO, Ministry of Water Resources & ASSOCHAM gave the Water Digest Water Award to GEV in the Best Water NGO–Water Education Category
• 2017:National Agri-Tourism Award from the Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation (MTDC) for its initiative of Eco-Tourism as a catalyst for Rural Development.
|• English Medium Middle School Sector 9, Bhilai (Kindergarten-class 8)
• Delhi Public School, Bhilai (Class 9-12)
|Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
|• B.Tech in Metallurgical Engineering from IIT Bombay (1989-1993) LinkedIn
|Relationships & More
|Names not Known
|He has one brother. (The image is given in the parent's section)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gauranga Prabhu
- Gauranga Prabhu, a disciple of H.H. Radhanath Swami, is a monk, a motivational speaker who has transformed various lives through his activities, preachings and has strived to bring change in the society.
- He spent his childhood at Bhilai and has fond memories with that place. He has been a bright student since his childhood. He was good at academics, sports, and various co-curricular activities in school. He was amongst the top rankers in his class.
- Later, he aimed to become an engineer, and he pursued his graduation at IIT Bombay in 1989. His attention was drawn to Krishna consciousness during his college days. He began to read Bhagavad Gita while in college and was curious about the pursuit of life and death, since early in life.
- An incident occurred in his life while he was in college, when one of his batchmates tried to attempt suicide for not achieving a gold medal in academics rather he bagged a silver medal; the boy tried to hang himself by a rope, but his rope broke, and he was saved from committing a blunder. He tried to do so because he always scored a gold medal in almost every exam that he had given, and he could not handle the pressure of coming second. In an interview, while discussing this incident in relation to his other college friends who, even after failing in 3 or 4 subjects, roamed happily around the campus, and according to Dasa, their (his college friends) philosophy was –
कॉलेज मे घुसना अपना काम है, निकालना कॉलेज का काम है।”
From this incident, Dasa gathered,
Certainly, it is not an achievement that makes you happy or unhappy. It must be something more”
Then, he came up with an equation of stress i.e. Stress = Expectations – Reality and Happiness = Attainment – Desire. This made him realise that it was indeed expectations attached to those achievements that define whether a person is happy or not. This pushed him more to gather knowledge about life, and this inspired him to join ISKCON.
- He never planned to be a monk, but gradually, when he started receiving his answers about his queries on life, he continued his search for knowledge and converted into a Monk. In 1993, he joined ISKCON as a monk.
- He conducted many Bhagavad Gita seminars in all prominent engineering colleges, medical colleges, and management institutes. He also began social work to uplift the minor sections in society.
- He counsels on stress management in several co-operative organizations for senior-level managers. He features on the popular “Atma,” a daily spiritual discourse on Star TV, he airs the timeless message of the Gita to millions in India and the U.K.
- He is a Global Duty Officer for the ISKCON Governing Body Commission (GBC). He is the trustee of ISKCON GBC College, member of the GBC Organizational Development Committee and GBC Nominations Committee, Divisional Director of Devotee Care and Temple Development, Systems & Administration departments of ISKCON temples Worldwide. He is the Director of the Govardhan Ecovillage, a United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) award winning Eco-village community and Co-President of the ISKCON Chowpatty temple. He is also serving as Trustee and Administrative Director for Bhaktivedanta Research Centre (BRC), Kolkata.
- He started Govardhan Ecovillage in the year 2005 with 5 humans and 8 cattle and (as of 2020) there are 250 human and 100 cattle associated with the village. The main aim to begin with the Govardhan Ecovillage was to create living spaces, not buildings. This objective is achieved by making use of natural elements such as mud for building walls, energy from the sun, fuel from cow dung and modern technology like plastic pyrolysis plant, solid biotechnology plant for food waste management.
- Gauranga Dasa also started a rural development plan in Govardhan Ecovillage which comprised of women empowerment and has impacted over 12000 family people in tribal villages. The objective of this program is to capture the strength of women in the rural environment and empower them with an inclusive participatory approach of women empowerment.
- He lectures on spiritual awakening and sustainable living. He has represented ISKCON at various conferences like TEDx and corporates like intel salesforce, goggle, etc.
- In 2020, amidst COVID-19 pandemic, in Govardhan eco-village, he with his team prepared one lakh nine thousand boxes of food for rural and tribal villagers.
- Reportedly, the first ISKCON school in Mumbai ‘Avanti’ is slated to be inaugurated by Gauranga Dasa and his team in September 2021; there are 14 original ISKCON schools presently running by this name in the UK.
- Gauranga Prabhu has majorly laid his contributions to society and he promotes the teachings of ISKCON at various platforms.
#MasterBlaster Bharat Ratna – Shri Sachin Tendulkar with HH Radhanath Swami Maharaja! Spreading Krishna Blessings.. #HareKrishna
With HG Gauranga Das in the event at Mumbai. @GaurangaDas@radhanathswami @sachin_rt pic.twitter.com/MHGnuNCJRx
— ISKCON COMM. INDIA (Official) (@IskconComIND) March 11, 2019