Gautham Karthik Height, Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Family, Biography & More
|Full name||Gautham Ram Karthik Gautham Karthik - Tumblr|
|Nickname(s)||G, Gauth, Gauthama, Gokum, G-tam, GG|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 187 cm
in meters- 1.87 m
in feet & inches- 6’ 2”
|Debut||Film (Tamil): Kadal (2013) as Thomas
|Awards||• In 2014, he won the Special Award as the Best Male Debutant for the Tamil film Kadal (2013).
• In 2014, he won the South Indian International Movie Awards for the Best Male Debutant for the Tamil film Kadal (2013).
• In 2014, he won the Filmfare Awards South as the Best Male Debutant for the Tamil film Kadal (2013).
|Date of Birth||12 September 1989 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||33 Years|
|Birthplace||Madaras (now Chennai), Tamil Nadu|
|School||Herbon International, Ooty, Tamil Nadu|
|College/University||Christ College, Bengaluru|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts in Journalism, Psychology, and English The Times of India|
|Food Habit||Non-vegetarian Karthik Gautham - Tumblr|
|Controversy||Gautham Karthik faced backlash for his remarks on Rajinikanth
In 2017, Gautham Karthik faced the wrath of the netizens after his statement was misunderstood about Rajinikanth. Reportedly, Gautham Karthik said that Rajinikanth should not join politics and should remain an actor; however, according to Gautham, his statement was misunderstood by Rajinikanth's fans. Later, Gautham took to social media to clarify his statement for Rajinikanth. Taking to Twitter, Gautham spoke about how his statement was misinterpreted. He said,
There is a controversy doing the rounds based on a recent statement of mine. I would like to say that it’s a complete misunderstanding. I was asked if I supported Rajinikanth Sir’s entry into politics. To which I replied I didn’t understand politics and that I would like to see him only as a superstar. But, my statement has been taken out of context and has been misconstrued as I didn’t support his entry. I am here only to be part of films and I love watching Rajinikanth Sir’s films." India
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Manjima Mohan (Kollywood actress)
|Marriage Date||28 November 2022|
|Parents||Father- Karthik Muthuraman (Tamil actor)
Mother- Ragini (Tamil actor)
Step Mother- Rathi (Tamil actor)
• Ghayn Karthik
• Thiran Karthik (step brother)
|Comedian(s)||Goundamanni and Vadivel|
|Sport(s)||Basketball, Hockey, Soccer|
|Singer||Melvin Ranjan from the band Incarcerated|
|TV Shows||Big Bang Theory (2007), Walking dead (2010)|
|Colour(s)||Blue, Red, White|
|Bike Collection||Harley Davidson- 2014 Dyna
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gautham Karthik
- Gautham Karthik is an Indian actor who primarily works in the Tamil entertainment industry. In 2022, he appeared in the Tamil film Yutha Satham in which he played the role of Nagulan.
- He belongs to a Tamil-speaking family in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- Gautham belongs to a family of actors. His grandfather, Muthuraman Radhakrishnan, was a famous actor in the Tamil entertainment industry. Gautham’s father, Karthik Muthuraman, is a famous Tamil actor, singer, and politician. Gautham’s mother, Ragini, is an actor in the South Indian entertainment industry. Gautham’s stepmother, Rathi, is also an actress in the Tamil entertainment industry.
- Reportedly, Gautham Karthik’s father, Karthik Muthuraman, has two wives. In 1992, Karthik Muthuraman got married to Rathi, his second wife, who is also the younger sister of his first wife, Ragini. In an interview with a media house, Karthik Muthuraman talked about this and said,
One half of this is true. I have two wives. My first wife, Ragini has two children, Gautam and Kayan. My second wife is Rathi. She has a son, Dheeran, who is 1 year old. Rathi is Ragini’s younger sister.It is true that there occurred problems between Ragini and me when I married Rathi. However, she did not leave me and go to Ooty. She went to Ooty to put her children in a good school. As of now, we do not have any problem. We are happy. My first son Gautam wants to become a Cinema Hero. Either next year, or the year after next he will definitely become a hero.”
- Gautham Karthik did his schooling at Hebron School, a boarding school in Udhagamandalam, Tamil Nadu. In an interview, Gautham talked about how he spent his childhood in a boarding school. He shared,
Since I studied in a Christian Convent in Ooty and was put up in a hostel, I couldn’t spend Diwali with my family in Chennai. The hostel also had a ‘no crackers’ rule, so we used to just sit and watch the fireworks in Ooty from the hostel. After coming to Chennai, Diwali has become a memorable family affair. It’s a new experience for me. This Diwali would be ‘Mersal’.”
- Initially, Gautham Karthik worked as an assistant director to Mani Ratnam, a famous South Indian director.
- Gautham, while he was pursuing his graduation at Christ University, Bangalore, got the opportunity to bag a lead role in Mani Ratnam’s film. During an interview, he said that while he was in college, his father called to inform him that director Mani Ratnam wanted to meet him; however, Gautham was not aware that he was being offered a lead role in a film. While discussing the same, Gautham said,
I was doing my final year graduation in Bangalore and my dad suddenly called me one day and said, ‘Gautham, Mani sir wants to meet’, so I said OK and went down to Chennai, met Mani sir, and Mani sir asked me if I could speak Tamil. I said, ‘Yes sir, I can.’ He said, ‘OK fine, you can go,’ and sent me back to Bangalore. I was confused. About a week or so after that, he called me again and said, ‘I have a story and want you to listen to it,’ and so, I went back, and he narrated the film’s story to me. I really loved it and said, ‘Mani sir, that’s a great story’, and he said, ‘OK, you can leave,’ and sent me back. Two weeks later, he called up again and says, ‘Gautham, you really have to come down now, we have something going.’ I agreed (with the thought of being an assistant director) and landed in Chennai. This time, I was asked to act in a couple of romantic scenes and I was even more confused, but I acted them out after which, I was again sent back home. When I got home, my dad showed me a message from Mani sir that said, ‘I’m very happy with Gautham, he’s the hero of the movie.’ So, that’s how I got the opportunity.” The Hindu
- In 2013, he made his acting debut with the Tamil film Kadal in which he played the lead role of Thomas, starring Thulasi Nair; however, the Tamil film failed at the box office.
- In 2018, Gautham Karthik worked in the film Mr Chandramouli alongside his father Karthik Muthuraman. In the Tamil film, Gautham played the role of Raaghav. In an interview, Gautham talked about this and said,
Totally new experience for me! Since I did my schooling in a convent, I could not spend much time with my dad during my early days. I didn’t even know how he behaved in a shooting spot. Only through Mr. Chandramouli, I realized what a living legend he is.”
- Subsequently, he has appeared in various Tamil films like Yennamo Yedho (2014), Vai Raja Vai (2015), Iruttu Araiyil Murattu Kuththu (2018), and Anandham Vilayadum Veedu (2021).
- Gautham Karthik, during his college days, was a lead guitarist in a musical band named ‘Dead End Street’ formed by him and his friends. In an interview in 2013, he talked about this and said,
Recently, we had to disband the group. I was the lead guitarist and back-up vocalist. It gets tough to jam even if one member is missing.”
- On 3 November 2022, Gautham Karthik announced his engagement with Manjima Mohan, a Tamil actress. They both met in 2019 when they joined the cast of the Tamil film Devrattam following which they started dating each other. In an interview with a media house, Gautham Karthik talked about his relationship with Manjima Mohan and said,
Ours is not a great love story. I proposed to Manjima and she took two days to agree. Now, we have decided to get married. Our families are extremely happy with our decision.” India today
- Gautham Karthik is an animal lover and has a pet cat named Luna. He often shares pictures of Luna on social media.
- Gautham is a fitness fanatic, and he often shares his post-workout pictures on his different social media accounts.
|↑1||Gautham Karthik - Tumblr|
|↑2||The Times of India|
|↑3||Karthik Gautham - Tumblr|