|Full name||Gurpreet Singh Gora PTC News|
|Nickname(s)||Gora Bhau Hindustan Times|
|Famous for||Being the brother-in-law of the Canada-based gangster Goldy Brar|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 172 cm
in meters- 1.72 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Date of Birth||6 May 1989 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||33 Years|
|Birthplace||Village Bariar, Batala, Punjab|
|Hometown||Village Bariar, Batala, Punjab|
|School||Sant Baba Labh Singh Khalsa Senior Secondary School, Guru Ki Ber, Amritsar Facebook- Gora|
|Tattoo(s)||He has two tattoos inked on his body; a gun tattoo on his right forearm and a few letters on his left forearm.
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known|
|Parents||Father- Chamkaur Singh
Mother- Name Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gora
- Gurpreet Singh Gora, known popularly as Gangster Gora, is an Indian criminal. He is a part of the Billa Gora Group. Gora is suspected to be involved in hatching the conspiracy for the Punjabi singer-turned-politician Sidhu Moose Wala’s murder.
- He is the brother-in-law of the Canada-based gangster Goldy Brar.
- In teenage, Gora stepped into the world of crime by performing small crimes like shoplifting and pilfering.
- Gradually, he got involved in serious crimes like snatching, dacoity, and highway robbing.
- In July 2020, the Jalandhar (Rural) Police arrested Gurpreet Singh Gora along with his aide German Jeet Singh while they were travelling in a Verna car near Bhogpur for their involvement in crimes like arms smuggling and highway robbery. Apparently, some sources informed the police that Gora and German Jeet were planning to commit some heinous crime. On their arrest, a bulletproof jacket and a .455 bore Pistol provided by gangster Gopi Ghanshampuriya, two Glock 09 mm Pistols with four live cartridges, one pump action 12 bore Rifle, one .32 bore Revolver, and a.30 bore Pistol with live cartridges, were recovered by the police. The police also seized the car in which they were travelling. In a media conversation, SSP Jalandhar Rural Navjot Mahal said,
The police had got a tip-off that Gurpreet Singh and his aide German Jeet Singh were going towards Behram in a Verna car and were planning to commit some heinous crime, such as snatching vehicles from the highway at gunpoint. Meanwhile, special surveillance was quickly organised at check posts in the entire area, and a team of the special staff of Jalandhar Rural Police was able to apprehend the car-borne assailants.”
A case under Sections 392, 212, 216 A, 506, and 120-B of IPC and 25, 27 of the Arms Act was registered against Gora and his aide at the Bhogpur Police Station and further investigations in the case were on.
- A gangster named Ranjit Singh, alias Rana Sidhu was shot dead by four unknown assailants at Aulakh village on the Muktsar-Malout highway on 22 October 2020. Soon, after his murder, the Canada-based gangster Goldy Brar took to his Facebook account to take the responsibility for his murder. Later, during the police investigation of the case, Gora’s name also popped up in the case, and he was brought from Faridkot Jail to Malout by the Punjab police on a production warrant. When he was produced in the court, he was sent for a two days remand with the Malout Police by the court.
- In February 2021, he was accused of the murder of the Youth Congress district president and Zila Parishad member Gurlal Singh Pehalwan in Faridkot. He was lodged in the Hoshiarpur jail after a few pieces of evidence surfaced against him. Apparently, the chief conspirator in the murder case of Pehalwan was the jailed Indian gangster Lawrance Bishnoi.
- An FIR under Sections 364-A, 336, 395, 397, 506, and 34 of the Indian Penal Code and Sections 25, 27, 54, and 59 of the Arms Act, 1878, was registered against Gora at the Zira police station, district Ferozepur, on 14-04-2016.
- An FIR was registered against Gurpreet Singh Gora under Section 420 of the Indian Penal Code at the Batala City police station, district Gurdaspur, for providing fake currency worth Rs. 50,000 to the innocent public in exchange of Rs. 10,000 (real Indian currency) on 4-07-2019.
- On 17-06-2020, an FIR was filed against Gora under Sections 379, 411, 420, 473, and 120B of the Indian Penal Code at the Arif Ke Police Station in district Ferozepur of Punjab, for allegedly changing the number plates of the stolen cars and selling the same in the market.
- The Punjabi singer and Congress leader Sidhu Moose Wala was gunned down by a few unknown assailants in the Mansa district of Punjab on 29 May 2022. He was shot dead a day after the Punjab Government withdrew half of his security. Apparently, Sidhu was driving his Thar jeep when a few gunmen riding in a Scorpio and a Carolla car fired at him. He was accompanied by his cousin and a friend; both of them also suffered injuries. A few hours after his murder the Indian gangsters Goldy Brar, Lawrence Bishnoi, and Sachin Bishnoi took to their respective Facebook accounts to claim responsibility for Moosewala’s murder. While the Punjab Police were interrogating the suspected mastermind of the murder Lawrence Bishnoi, Gora’s name popped up in the case. Soon, the Hoshiarpur police took Gurpreet Singh to SAS Nagar (Mohali) and handed him over to the Anti-Gangster Task Force, Punjab, for interrogation. Later, Gora was taken to the crime investigation agency (CIA) police station at Kharar, where the SIT questioned him about his links with the Canada-based gangster Goldy Brar and the jailed Indian gangster Lawrence Bishnoi. Although the officials have not divulged any information about Gora, some sources claim that Gora and Neeraj were aware of the plan that was framed to eliminate Sidhu Moosewala.
- Reportedly, Gora is accused in around 14 criminal cases relating to murder, assault, snatching, dacoity, and gang war in various districts of Punjab, out of which, he is a proclaimed offender in around 13 of them.
- In his spare time, he loves racing cars.
- Gora carries out his criminal activities under various names like Gurbir Gora, Gurpreet Gora, Gurpreet Singh Gora, and Gurvinderpal Singh Gora.
- He is an alcoholic.