|Full Name||Hafiz Muhammad Saeed|
|Profession||Terrorist (Leader of Jama'at-ud-Da'wah, Lashkar-e-Taiba)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 95kg
in Pounds- 209 lbs
|Hair Colour||Black (dyed brown)|
|Date of Birth||6 May 1950|
|Birth Place||Sargodha, Punjab, Pakistan|
|Age (as in 2017)||67 Years|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|Hometown||Sargodha, Punjab, Pakistan|
|College/Universities||University of Punjab, Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
|Educational Qualification(s)||High School (1968)
Bachelor's degree, University of Punjab, Lahore, in the year 1970
First Masters degree, University of Punjab, in the year 1972
Second Masters degree, University of Punjab, in the year 1974
Specialization in the Arabic Language, Jamia Malik Saud (King Saud University)
|Family||Father- Kamal-ud-Din (Farmer)
Mother- Name Not Known
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Controversies||• As per the reports, he held responsible for Indian Parliament attack in the year 2001. After which, he was detained by Pakistan on 21 December 2001 and held under custody till 31 March 2002.
• He was also found accused of planning the Mumbai Train Bomb Blast, for which he was arrested twice by the Pakistani Police in August 2006 and was kept under house arrest for 60 days, but soon he released by the Lahore High Court as court did not found any logical arguments against him and ordered his release on 17 October 2006.
• As per the report, he was also known as the mastermind of Mumbai Terror Attacks in the year 2008, which is still considered as the most horrifying terror attacks in Indian history. After the incident, India submitted a formal request to the U.N. Security Council to put the group Jamaat-ud-Dawa and Hafiz Muhammad Saeed on the list of individuals and organisations sanctioned by the United Nations for association with terrorism.
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Maimoona Saeed (First wife)
Name Not Known (Second wife)
• Talha Saeed
Daughters- 2 (Name Not Known)
Note: On 26 September 2023, Kamaluddin went missing. According to reports, he was abducted by some people in a car in Peshawar, Pakistan. The Free Press Journal
Some Lesser Known Facts About Hafiz Saeed
- Does Hafiz Saeed smoke?: Not Known
- Does Hafiz Saeed drink alcohol?: No
- In 1947, after the partition of India, his family migrated from a village in Hisar, Haryana to Sargodha, Punjab, Pakistan, and according to him, his family had lost 36 members in the Hindu-Muslim riots ensued after the partition.
- He met with General Mohammad Zia-ul-Haq, who appointed him to the Council on Islamic Ideology, and later he served as an Islamic Studies teacher at the University of Engineering and Technology, Pakistan.
- In the early 1980s, he got enrolled at a University in Saudi Arabia to pursue further studies, where he met Saudi Sheikhs, who were taking part in the Soviet-Afghan war and inspired him taking an active role supporting the Mujahideen in Afghanistan.
- As per sources, he along with Abdullah Azzam, founded Markaz Dawa-Wal-Irshad (aka Lashkar-e-Taiba) with the help of Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence officers.
- Hafiz Saeed often targets the youths(especially teenagers) of Jammu and Kashmir and provokes them on the name of religion to take against the established government in the state and armed forces.
- He is at the top of the Indian list of 50 most wanted fugitives hiding in Pakistan.
- He is declared as a designated terrorist, and his organisations, Lashkar-e-Tayyiba and Jama’at-ud-Dawa have been declared as designated Foreign Terrorist Organisations by the United Nation.
- In April 2012, the United States has announced a bounty of $10 million on him, considering him as the mastermind behind the Mumbai Terror Attack.
- In September 2014, he blamed India for the flood crisis in Pakistan, and said in one of his tweets that “Indian government discharged water in rivers without notification & has given false information; an act of open mischief,” “India has used water to attack Pakistan, We are in a state of War. India’s water aggression must be taken to the UN security council”.
- Here is a Video of an interview of Hafiz Saeed taken by a Pakistani actor, Hamza Ali Abbasi.
- In January 2018, in response to the tweets of Donald Trump, the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) issued a notification prohibiting the collection of donations by the Jamaat-ud Dawa (JuD), the front of banned organisation Lashkar-e-Taiba, and several other such organisations named in a list of banned outfits by the UN Security Council.