Some Lesser Known Facts About Hardik Patel
- Does Hardik Patel smoke?: Yes
- Does Hardik Patel drink alcohol?: Yes
- Hardik was an average student during his studies but he used to have a great amount of interest in cricket.
- He is said to have achieved below 50% marks in his B.Com.
- After completing his graduation, he was involved in his family business of water supply in the commercial sector.
- His father, Bharat Patel is a BJP worker from Viramgam.
- He started his social activist career by joining Sardar Patel Group (SPG), a Patidar youth group, and was the president of one of its unit.
- The idea that ignited him to raise the Patidar movement was that in July 2015, his sister, Monica didn’t qualified for a state government scholarship, which she could have achieved had she been under the Other Backward Class (OBC) quota. After which, he formed the Patidar Anamat Andolan Samiti (PAAS), a non-political organization to get Patidar caste under the OBC quota.
- In 2015, he parted his ways with the SPG and started concentrating on PAAS.
- The same year, he organized a Maha Kranti rally on 26 August 2015 for Patidar caste in Ahmedabad, which later turned out to be an agitation full of violence.
- On 14 July 2016, he was released on bail from the Lajpore jail in Surat after 9 months in cases of sedition and violence during the Patidar quota movement in 2015.
- Political parties such as Congress and BJP alleged him to be politically motivated by opposite parties. Once his photo with a Congress MLA Tejshree Patel was leaked, after which he released his photo alongside a BJP politician Purshottam Rupala, Rajnikant Patel and a video with VHP’s Pravin Togadia, to show his unbiased protest.
- He is a follower of Lord Rama and Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- He likes having weapons around and is often seen posing with a rifle, a sword or a pistol.
📢⚡TRENDING: URI is surging to become a Blockbuster, check the salary of Uri actors here⚡