|Famous For||Being the Son of Om Prakash Chautala|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Political Party||Indian National Lok Dal
|Political Journey||• He came into the politics in the 1980s.
• In 1989, he became an MLA from Danta Ramgarh, Rajasthan.
• In 1993, he again became MLA from Nohar, Rajasthan.
• In 1999, he became a member in Lok Sabha from Bhiwani, Haryana.
• In 2004, he became an MP in Rajya Sabha from Haryana.
• In 2009, he became an MLA from Dabwali, Haryana.
|Date of Birth||13 March 1961|
|Age (as in 2018)||57 Years|
|Birthplace||Chautala, Sirsa, Haryana|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Hometown||Chautala, Sirsa, Haryana, India|
|University||• Kurukshetra University
• Rajasthan University
|Educational Qualification(s)||• B.A. from Kurukshetra University
• M.A. from Rajasthan University
• LL.B. from Rajasthan University
|Caste||Sihag Jat Gotra|
|Address||Chautala House Ram colony, Barnala Road, Sirsa, Haryana|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Watching Sports|
|Controversies||• One charge related to Cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property (IPC Section-420)
• One charge related to Forgery of valuable security, will, etc. (IPC Section-467)
• One charge related to Forgery for cheating (IPC Section-468)
• One charge related to Punishment of criminal conspiracy (IPC Section-120B)
• One charge related to Using as genuine a forged document or electronic record (IPC Section-471)
• In 2008, he was charged in connection with JBT recruitment scam (the appointment of 3,206 junior basic teachers). In 2013, after founding guilty, a New Delhi Court sentenced him and his father, Om Prakash Chautala to 10 years imprisonment.
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Naina Singh Chautala (Politician)
• Dushyant Chautala (Politician)
• Digvijay Chautala (Politician)
Daughter- Not Known
|Parents||Father- Om Prakash Chautala (Politician)
Mother- Sneh Lata Chautala
• Abhay Singh Chautala (Politician)
• Suchitra Chautala
• Sunita Chautala
• Anjali Chautala
|Cars Collection||• M-Class Mercedes Benz Model 2008
• Mahindra Jeep
• Cash- ₹17.5 Lakh
• Deposits in Banks & Non-Banking Companies- ₹62.5 Lakh
• Jewellery- ₹54.5 Lakh
• LIC or other Insurance Policies- ₹70 Lakh
• Bonds, Debentures and Shares in companies- ₹7 Lakh
• Other assets, such as Values of Claims/Interests- ₹2.70 Crore
• Agricultural Land worth ₹85 Lakh
• Non Agricultural Land worth ₹2.76 Crore
• Residential Buildings worth ₹21 Crore
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹30 Crore (as in 2009)|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Ajay Singh Chautala
- He is the elder son of Om Prakash Chautala, who has been the Chief Minister of Haryana five times.
- He has been an MP in the Indian Parliament for years.
- In 2013, after founding guilty in the JBT Recruitment Scam, he was sentenced to 10 years imprisonment along with his father, Om Prakash Chautala.
- In 2014, his wife, Naina Singh Chautala, the first woman from the Chautala Family, who elected for the first time from Dabwali constituency and won the elections after defeating a Congress contender with a margin of more than 1 lakh votes.
- His son, Dushyant Chautala, is an MP in Lok Sabha from Hisar, Haryana. He also holds the record of the youngest MP in the Indian Parliament.
- His second son, Digvijay Chautala is the President of the Indian National Students Organisation (INSO).
- In 2018, he was expelled from the primary membership of the INLD (Indian National Lok Dal) by his father, Om Prakash Chautala, for anti-party activities.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)