Some Lesser Known Facts About Harshita Dahiya
- Did Harshita Dahiya smoke?: Not Known
- Did Harshita Dahiya drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Harshita rose to fame with her Haryanvi ‘Ragini’ songs.
- She was born and raised in Sonipat, Haryana.
- For the last three years, Harshita was living in Delhi’s Narela at her maternal aunt’s house.
- She was a budding Haryanvi folk singer/dancer and was giving competition to several established folk singer(s)/dancer(s) in Haryana.
- She came into limelight after posting a video (a “Ragini”) on social media. The video was termed controversial by a section of the society. According to some sources, the video is also cited as the reason behind her murder; as she was receiving death threats for the same.
- On 17 October 2017, at around 4 pm, she was shot dead by 2 unidentified men, when she was returning in her car, along with 3 others, after performing at Chamrara village in Panipat, Haryana. According to sources, two men in a black car allegedly overtook Harshita’s car and blocked it. The men asked her driver and another female companion of Harshita to leave and then shot her head and neck at close range.
- “There are 7-8 bullet wounds on the body, three bullets were recovered. The rest of the bullets passed through the body,” said Dr. Rajeev Maan, who carried out the autopsy.
- After her murder, her sister, Lata Dahiya, accused her husband of killing her as Harshita was a witness in her mother’s murder case.
- Here’s a video that Harshita had posted on her social media account, hours before her murder:
📢⚡TRENDING: URI is surging to become a Blockbuster, check the salary of Uri actors here⚡