|Himalay Pannalal Dassani BseIndia.com
|Businessman, Actor, Producer
|Being the husband of Indian actress Bhagyashree
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 176 cm
in meters- 1.76 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|TV: Smart Jodi (2022)
|Date of Birth
|27 November 1968 (Wednesday)
|Age (as of 2022)
|Hyderabad, Telangana, India
|Hyderabad, Telangana, India
|Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai, Maharashtra
|• Mithibai College of Arts, Mumbai
• H.R. College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
|Engineer in Packaging and Technology BseIndia.com
|In 2019, Himalaya Dasani was arrested for his links with a gambling team. Dasani was taken from his home and brought before a local court, according to Amboli police station authorities. Bhagyashree took to Twitter to express her displeasure at her husband's detention, claiming that he was "persecuted for refusing to yield to extortion."
|Relationships & More
|Son- Abhimanyu Dassani (actor)
Daughter- Avantika Dassani
|Father- Panna Lalchand Dassani
Mother- Shakuntla Panna Dassani
|Bother- Pankaj Dassani
Sister- Archana Dassani
Some Lesser Known Facts About Himalay Dassani
- Himalay Dassani is an Indian film producer, actor, and businessman. He is well-known for being the husband of prominent Bollywood actress Bhagyashree.
- He was born in Hyderabad, Telangana. At a very young age, he moved to Mumbai, India with his entire family, and he also did his received his education in the city.
- Himalay Dassani and Bhagyashree have known each other since they were in the same class in elementary school. Bhagyashree was the class monitor, and Himalay was the naughtiest child in the class, according to Bhagyashree, and they used to get into a lot of fights. Narrating her childhood memories with her husband, the actress said,
She was weak in Maths and i was very good. So she befriended me to learn Maths. I would teach her in the library. I got an opportunity and I utilized it.”
- On the last day of their school, Himalay Dassani expressed his affections to Bhagyashree. Later, they were both accepted into the same college. Dasani was highly protective of his lady love and made sure she was safe at all times. Bhagyashree, when asked about her college experience, stated,
When I would go to college, traffic would stop when I had to cross the road just because I am his girlfriend. Aisi setting ki thi.” Also, in the college canteen one table would always stay reserved for her. Bhagyashree shares, “He didn’t even have to be present. He had many connections. And things would just happen.”
- Himalay Dassani began her career as an operations manager at Hipan Kunstoffe Inc in Los Angeles in 1987. He joined Cyma Dassani Marketing Private Limited as the marketing and operations director after almost two years at the firm. CDM represented a number of multinational makers of plastics, chemicals, and bulk medicines as a world-class Foreign Trade and Agency in India at the time.
- Himalay joined Ceeta Springs & Steels Pvt Ltd as director of marketing in 1993. While there, he established a steel leaf spring marketing network across Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala, and Maharashtra. CSS opted to extend its capacity to fulfil the needs of their increasing client base due to their exponential development in operations.
- Himalay Dassani became the CEO of Quantum Digital Vision Ltd. in 1995, where he helped the company successfully raise financing from the capital market to finance a portion of the plant’s development expenditures. As a result of the expansion, an Export Oriented Unit was developed, and the company successfully began producing and marketing its products on the European market. Later on, the company moved into television and film production, finishing a number of well-known TV shows and films.
- Himalay was named associate director business development at Isolux Corsán in 2009, a worldwide brand that develops energy, water, environmental, road, and railway infrastructure with operations in over 35 countries across four continents. He was the driving force behind the company’s expansion, guiding the team to secure several infrastructure contracts in the areas of roads and power transmission. The company’s value has risen to over $2 billion thanks to Dassani and his team’s tenacity and hard work. Since 2009, the firm has grown its operations and now has concessions to administer four toll roads with a total length of over 700 kilometres and a $2 billion investment.
- Himalay Dassani has been the founder of Dassani Constructions, a construction firm based in Pune, Indore, and Mumbai, since 2012.
- Himalay began producing teleserials in November 2002, including Kagaz Ki Kashti, which aired on Sahara One. This serial has a budget of at least Rs 50 million, and it also features her wife in the role of Arti. The duo also produced Tanha Dil Tanha Safar, a commercial collaboration with UTV. They later went into film production and are currently working on a musical love storey directed by Raj Sippy and starring Rishi Kapoor.
- Himalay Dassani married Bhagyashree, the actress from ‘Maine Pyar Kiya,’ in 1990. Bhagyashree was born into a Marathi household, and her parents were opposed to her marrying outside the community. According to her family, they were too young to make such significant decisions, so they decided to take a break, and Himalay travelled abroad to further his education, while the actress signed her debut film, “Main Pyar Kiya.”
I called him up after this conversation and asked him, ‘are you sure of yourself, of us? This is the deciding day…either I’d be in his life forever or not at all.’ I said, ‘I’m leaving my house now, if you love me come and pick me up’ and within 15 minutes he was under my house. We had a small ceremony at a temple — his parents, Salman, Sooraj ji, a few of our friends attended and that’s how we go married.Mere liye shaadi mein koi nahi tha, sivaaye inke. Jab maine mummy papa se kaha ki main shaadi karna chahti hu inse, woh nahi maane. Maa baap ke baccho ke liye sapne hote hain lekin baccho ke apne sapne bhi hote hain aur kabhi kabhi, unke sapne unhe jeene dena chaiye. Kyuki aakhir mein, unki zindagi hai, unhe jini hai.”
Adding to this, she said,
Jo log and media kehte haina ki maine bhaag ke shaadi ki, usse bahut bahut gussa aata hai mujhe kyuki maine bhaag ke shadi nahi ki.”
- Himalay Dassani made his television debut with his wife Bhagyashree in 2020 on Star Plus’ reality game programme ‘Smart Jodi.’ Neil Bhatt and Aishwarya Sharma, Ankita Lokhande and Vicky Jain, Gaurav Taneja and Ritu Rathee, Arjun Bijlani and Neha Swami, and Rahul Mahajan and Natalie Mahajan were among the guests on the show.
- Himalay told a hidden secret about their first night together in one of the episodes of ‘Smart Jodi.’ He told the scenario and said that he envisaged Bhagyashree waiting for him in the veil after the wedding and festivities. However, this did not happen. When Himalay entered Bhagyashree’s room, she was dressed in a nightgown. “Hello, honey,” he remarked as he welcomed him with a handshake. The Himalay’s appearance shocked and grieved me. After hearing Himalay Dassani’s storey, Bhagyashree’s eyes welled up with embarrassment tears.While the rest of the audience began to laugh. Bhagyashree said, the nightsuit meant that it was time to sleep and that nothing had to happen tonight. When the crowd heard this, they all burst out laughing. After hearing the same thing about this Bhagyashree, everyone was in a nasty mood and couldn’t stop laughing.
- Himalay Dassani’s son, Abhimanyu Dassani, is also a Bollywood actor. He has acted in a number of film and also received the Dadasaheb Phalke Award for his acting skills. But his decision of becoming an actor was not supported by Himalay. During the interview he revealed that when he told his parents about his intention to work in Hindi cinema, they were adamantly opposed. But he tried his best to convince them for it and later made his acting debut in 2018 with the film ‘Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota.’ During the interview, he narrated,
They were very worried. Now that I am older, I can understand their fears of letting their child enter this industry. Now I have experienced a lot of things. I’m glad they tried to put that sense into me.”
- Himalay Dassani is frequently seen consuming alcoholic beverages at numerous social functions.
- He enjoys travelling and to perform variety of adventurous activities.