|Full name||Girija Oak Godbole (after marriage)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||32-28-32|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
Marathi- Juiley (2004) as Juiley Viswasrao Patil/ Kasturi
Hindi- Taare Zameen Par (2007) as Jabeen
Kannada- House Full (2009) as Neetu
Marathi- Lajja (2010) on Zee Marathi as Manu
Hindi- Ladies Special Season 2 (2018) on Sony TV as Meghana Nikade
Marathi- Quarter (2020) as Ashwini Ranade
|Awards||• European Cinematography Award (ECA) for Best Actress for the short film Quarter (2018)
• Most Natural Performer Award at the Zee Natya Gaurav Puraskar (2016)
• MAAI Award in Australia for her Marathi play Don Special (2016)
|Date of Birth||27 December 1987 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||35 Years|
|Birthplace||Nagpur, Maharashtra, India|
|College/University||Thakur College of Science and Commerce, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Degree in Business Management from Thakur College of Science and Commerce DNA
• Degree in Biotechnology
|Food Habit||Non-vegetarian TellyChakkar|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||November 2011|
|Husband/Spouse||Suhrud Godbole (filmmaker)
Note: Husband's photo in Children's section.
|Children||Son- Kabir Godbole
|Parents||Father- Girish Oak (renowned actor, film editor, poet)
Mother- Padmashree Phatak (pharmacist)
Note: Girish and Padmashree are divorced.
|Other Relatives||Father-in-law- Shrirang Godbole (renowned Marathi filmmaker, lyricist)
Sister-in-law- Mrinmayee Godbole (actor)
Stepmother- Pallavi Oak
Stepsister- Durga Oak
|Food||Sushi, Puran Poli, Bottle Gourd, Food cooked by her mother, Biryani|
|Cheat Meal||Moong Dal Halwa|
|Car Collection||She owns a Fiat.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Girija Oak
- Girija Oak is an Indian actress and entrepreneur. She has mainly worked in the Hindi and Marathi entertainment industries. Girija has acted in numerous notable films and television series, such as Jawan (2023), Qala (2022), Mauli (2018), Ladies Special Season 2 (2018), and Taare Zameen Par (2007). She is Girish Oak’s daughter.
- Girija was born into a Maharashtrian Hindu family.
- While giving an interview, Girija mentioned that when she told her parents about her aspiration to act in films, her father said he wouldn’t talk to any producers about her and ask them to cast her in their films. She said,
My father had made it quite clear to me that he will not recommend me to anybody and I have to look for work myself. He consciously didn’t help me as he wanted me to grow on my own.”
- Girija’s career in the advertisement industry began during her school days. In an interview, she revealed that her interest in ads increased after she started watching television dramas with her family. She also said that the jingles from the commercials significantly influenced her choice to appear in ads. She talked about it and said,
When I was a child, I loved advertisements. I remember once the TV was switched on and the commercials were playing. Then someone switched off the TV. I turned off the TV and started crying. I was crying as Jilati Jilati.”
- When she was twelve years old, she acted in her first ad, which was a Savlon commercial. In an interview, she spoke about her initial advertising experience and said that her schoolmates used to make fun of her by calling her “Savlon girl.” She said,
I did my first advertisement when I was 12 years old. I used to get teased in school for being a Savlon girl.”
- Afterwards, she featured in commercials for various renowned brands like Horlicks, Dabur Chayawanprash, Vim, and Nestle. In an interview, Girija said that she started receiving the role of a mother in advertisements early in her career.
- In 2004, she co-starred with the renowned Marathi actor Swapnil Joshi in the Marathi film Manini; essaying the character Shalimi.
- In the 2008 Marathi film Man Pakharu Pakharu, she shared the screen with the famous actor Sachin Pilgaonkar.
- Girija Oak featured in two Marathi films, Goshta Choti Dongraevadhi, and Gulmohar, in 2009.
- She landed the role of Sejal in Shor in the City, a 2010 Bollywood film.
- In the 2011 Hindi film Cycle Kick, she appeared as a character named Shrishti.
- She played the role of Anuja in the film Adgula Madgula, a 2011 Marathi film.
- In 2014, Girija landed the role of Revati Deshmukh in The Journey To Her Smile, a Marathi film.
- In 2018, Girija played the role of the main character’s mother in the Marathi film Mauli. In the film, she acted with Riteish Deshmukh.
- She was seen in two Marathi web series in 2019, i.e., Pandu and #MovingOut.
- She played the role of a homemaker in the 2021 Marathi short film Daraar – A Lockdown Story.
- She landed the role of Rama in the Hindi web series Cartel, which was released in the same year.
- Girija received praise from both her fanbase and film critics for appearing as Sudha in the 2022 Hindi film Qala. The film was released on Netflix and earned several honours, including recognition at the Zee Cine Awards, Bollywood Hungama Style Icons Awards, and FOI Online Awards.
- Girija Oak appeared as Kriti in Modern Love: Mumbai, a Hindi web series that premiered on Amazon Prime in the same year.
- Girija acted with Shah Rukh Khan in the film Jawan, a 2023 Hindi film. She talked about working with Shah Rukh for the first time, in an interview, and said,
I shot the movie Jawan for two years. It was a very thrilling experience. Shahrukh was coming to the sets fully prepared. Apologizes to other co-stars if retakes are caused by him. What we hear about him is that he is a very good man, he behaves very politely. All these things are true.”
- She appeared in the Vivek Agnihotri-directed Hindi film The Vaccine War, which was released in September 2023.
- Girija co-owns an online clothing shop called Fresh Lime Soda.
- Girija has received training in the traditional Indian dance style of Bharatanatyam from Reshma Shetty.
- She has a strong affection for dogs. She has a pet dog named Sakura, a white Labrador.
- She drinks alcoholic beverages occasionally.
- Girija likes to travel and has been to many countries.
- In addition to her acting on screen, Girija has also worked in the theatres. She has appeared in numerous plays including Laghu and Don Special.
- She danced in the Eka Peksha Ek Apsara Ali, organised by Zee Marathi in 2011.
- She can fluently speak many languages such as Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, and English.
- Girija possesses her grandmother’s clothing collection, which includes a saree worn by her grandmother during her youth.
- While giving an interview, Girija talked about appearing in a commercial for an online card game and said that she received criticism and was trolled by her fans and followers for it. She further added,
I looked at that ad only as a project. Are people going to stop playing without advertising? I did not think about it in terms of values. I have never advertised fairness creams. Because the original color of the skin does not change. That is wrong. But if I say play rummy, I don’t think it will make any difference immediately. It’s your choice. It is up to you to drink alcohol or not, to smoke or not, to play rummy or not.”