Bhagyashree Age, Husband, Children, Family, Biography & More
|Famous Role||Suman in Bollywood film Maine Pyar Kiya (1989)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-26-36|
|Debut||Film (Hindi; As an actor): Maine Pyar Kiya (1989) as Suman
Film (Kannada; As an actor): Ammavra Ganda (1997) as Rani
Film (Telugu; As an actor): Yuvaratna Rana (1998) as Dr. Kasthuri
Film (Bengali; As an actor): Shotru Dhongsho (2002) as Borsha
Film (Bhojpuri; As an actor): Uthaile Ghoonghta Chand Dekhle (2006)
Film (Marathi; As an actor): Mumbai Aamchich (2007)
TV: Kachchi Dhoop (1987) as Alka
|Awards||• In 1990, she won Best Female Debut for the film Maine Pyar Kiya at 35th Filmfare Awards.
• In 1990, she was nominated for Best Actress for the film Maine Pyar Kiya at 35th Filmfare Awards.
• In 2014, she was nominated for Performer of The Year – Female for the television show Laut Aao Trisha at Indian Television Academy Awards.
|Date of Birth||23 February 1969 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||53 Years|
|School||Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|College/University||Mithibai College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.) Rediff|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Dabncing, Cooking|
|Controversies||• Bhagyashree slams producers of the film Miane Pyaar Kiya:
In 2021, in an interview, Bhagyashree said that her experience of working with Sooraj Barjatya for the film 'Maine Pyaar Kiya' was very disappointing. These are some of the claims made by Bhagyashree:
• While she was shooting or the film in 1989, the producers of the film took her for granted.
• She did not receive any appreciation by the producers after the success of the film.
• She was not invited for the premiere of the film.
• Once she fainted on the set and no one except her husband picked her up and took her to the room. She said that while dubbing for the film, she was called on odd hours. Masala
• Bhagyashree granted bail in an accident case:
In 2016, Bhagyashree was involved in an accident case after she hit her car in a two-wheeler. The rider of the two-wheeler, Mohammed Tauseef Shaikh, got some fractures on his leg. Bhagyashree was asked to appear in front fo the court in connection to the case, but her family always told that she was out of town. In 2017, the police filed an FIR against her, and she was later granted bail in the case. Mid-day
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Himalaya Dassani (businessman)
|Marriage Date||January 1990
|Husband/Spouse||Himalaya Dassani (businessman)|
|Children||Son- Abhimanyu Dassani (actor)
Daughter- Avantika Dassani (actor)
|Parents||Father- Vijaysinghrao Madhavrao Patwardhan (lawyer and raja of Sangli)
Mother- Rohini (homemaker)
• Madhuvanti Patwardhan
• Purnima Patwardhan
|Actor||Amitabh Bachchan, Ranveer Singh|
|Emoticon||Tears of Joy|
|Car Collection||She owns a Jaguar XJI.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Bhagyashree
- Bhagyashree is an Indian actress who is known for her role as Suman in the Bollywood film ‘Maine Pyaar Kiya’ (1989).
- She was born in a Marathi royal family of Sangli in Maharashtra. According to her, she belonged to a conservative and would not allow her to wear jeans and a skirt. She wore a skirt in the film Maine Pyaar Kiya without telling her family.
- According to her, she used to get really awkward as a child when people older than her would touch her feet as a symbol of respect to the members of the royal family. She further said that she used to have an elephant as a pet, whereas children of her age had cats and dogs.
- When she was in school, she was a studious and obedient student. She was also the class monitor.
- Her father wanted to send her to the USA to pursue MBA, but she started her acting career in television. In an interview, she said that she got the television show Kaachi Dhup after Anmol Palekar, who was her neighbour at that time, convinced her to take part in the show. She said that the girl who was already chosen to act in the show had left in between. In an interview, she said that she signed her first autograph in Washington after appearing in the show Kaachi Dhup in 1987. She talked about the excitement and said,
I still remember, we had gone to America for the first time. We were at a Washington museum when suddenly, I heard screams. I turned back to see a mob of children, running towards me. We thought they would run ahead, but they had actually come to get my autograph! So I signed my first autograph in Washington. I couldn’t believe it!”
- She appeared in Hindi films including Qaid Mein Hai Bulbul (1992), Ghar Aaya Mera Pardesi (1993), Sautan Ki Sautan (1997), Red Alert: The War Within (2010), and Radhe Shyam (2022).
- She appeared in television shows including Kabhie Kabhie (2003), Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 3 (2009), Laut Aao Trisha (2014-2015), Smart Jodi (2022), and DiD super moms season 3 (2022).
- Before appearing in the film ‘Maine Pyaar Kiya,’ the producer of the film, Sooraj Barjatya went to Bhagyashree’s house to convince her parents to allow her to act in the film. In an interview, she said,
It seems quite funny when I look back now, but remember this was 20 years back. It was a very different time. I remember Surajji came to our house with his parents and explained the whole project to my family. Then he and I went to another room for him to discuss it with me, one on one. The whole setting was almost like a rishtaa or arranged marriage proposal!”
- In an interview, Bhagyashree said that she cried a lot after she got to know that she had to hug and kiss Salman Khan in the movie Maine Pyaar Kiya. She further revealed that the kissing scene was shot with glass between them.
- In 2009, she participated in the dance reality show ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’ Season 3.
- In March 2015, she became the ambassador of the Bhagyashree Scheme, launched by the Government of Maharashtra.
- In 2019, her husband, Himalaya Dasani, was arrested for his links with a gambling team. Dasani was taken from his home and brought before a local court, according to Amboli police station authorities. Bhagyashree took to Twitter to express her displeasure at her husband’s detention, claiming that he was “persecuted for refusing to yield to extortion.”
- In 2021, she became the brand ambassador of udazH, India’s first portable molecular hydrogen generating machine.
- In 2022, she made a comeback to television after thirty-three years along with her husband. They appeared in the show ‘Smart Jodi’ on StarPlus.
- Bhagyashree’s father was against her relationship with Himalaya, but she went against them and married him in 1990. Her parents did not attend her wedding, but everything was sorted out after the birth of her son, Abhimanyu.
- In an interview, she talked about her bad experience with the media and said that when she was in the hospital after her first delivery, a reporter came to take her interview, and asked Bhagyashree if she had an affair with her co-star, Salman Khan. She further said that she was very hurt by the question.
- After her marriage, many media houses reported that she had left films because of her husband, who was very insecure about her. In an interview, she said that this was not true and added,
Well, it’s all about priorities, you know, and at that point of time my family was my priority. I was all of 19-20 and I thought it would be impossible for me to balance both my career and my home. Society also has changed now, it wasn’t like that when ‘Maine Pyaar Kiya’ released. You had problems managing the family, society, your career, and it was looked down upon if you couldn’t manage it all. So it was all about prioritizing what really matters, staying longer.”
- Before signing the film ‘Maine Pyaar Kiya,’ she took permission from Himalay’s parents of working in films even when they were not dating each other.
- When she was shooting for the television show ‘Laut Aao Trisha,’ she suffered an injury to her right hand. The doctors suggested her surgery, but she was scared of the surgery and decided to self-heal. She said that when she recovered she realized how important it was to live a healthy life. She also pursued a degree in nutrition and fitness from Stanford University, American Fitness and Professional Associates, and the University of Pennsylvania (UPENN).
- Apart from acting, she is also good at sketching. In 2020, she posted sketches of popular stars like Madhuri Dixit, Neelam Kothari, and Amitabh Bachchan on Instagram.
- She is a fitness enthusiast and often posts pictures of her workout on social media.
- She often posts pictures of her drinking alcohol on social media.
- She is an avid dog lover and often posts pictures of them on social media.
- She is often featured on the cover of various magazines.