Igor Akinfeev Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Children, Biography, Affairs & More
Some Lesser Known Facts About Igor Akinfeev
- Does Igor Akinfeev smoke?: Not Known
- Does Igor Akinfeev drink alcohol?: Not Known
- At the age of four, he joined CSKA sports school.
- He grew in love with football at the school. He was two years younger than other boys, he used to play with. He earned himself the reputation of the best catcher in the team.
- At the age of seven, he joined the CSKA Youth Academy.
- Igor became self-dependent at a very young age. He was eight when he started washing his uniform and socks on his own.
- He made his debut in the Russian Premier League in May 2003 against Krylia Sovetov Samara. He made a last-minute penalty save to win the game for his team. He was also named the Player of the Match.
- In 2004, Igor joined the Russian National Team for the first time and became the youngest goalkeeper in Russia’s history.
- He was selected in the Russian Squad for the UEFA Euro 2004.
- He went 362 minutes without conceding a goal in the 2006–07 UEFA Champions League.
- He played every match for Russia in the UEFA Euro 2008; taking his team to the semi-finals of the tournament.
- In 2009, Igor wrote the book “100 penalties from readers.”
- On 25 May 2012, he was named in the Russian squad for the UEFA Euro 2012. He was then named in the Russian squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup on 2 June 2014.
- In 2015, he had a misfortune 0n the field. He was goalkeeping in a match when an opponent’s fan threw a flame at him. He had severe burns and concussion.
- Igor became the captain of the Russian team in the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup.
- On 3 June 2018, he was included in the finalized Russian squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup. He was instrumental in Russia’s win over Spain in the Round of 16; saving 2 penalties in the shoot-out.
- Akinfeev has also appeared in the advertisement of the Credit Bank of Moscow.