Hometown: Faisalabad, Pakistan
Marital Status: Married
Age: 37 Years
|Full name||Syed Iqrar Ul Hassan Pakistan Herald|
|Profession(s)||Television Presenter, Journalist|
|Famous For||Hosting the Pakistani Urdu-language live investigative crime television show “Sar-e-Aam” at ARY News|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 11”
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Agahi Award for “Anchor of the Year” (2013)
• 10th Pakistan Achievement Award for the “Best Tv Show of the Year” for his show Sar-e-Aam (2019)
|Date of Birth||29 May 1984 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||37 Years|
|College/University||Government College University, Lahore|
|Educational Qualification||Communication and Media Studies LinkedIn- Iqrar Ul Hassan|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Instagram- Iqrar Ul Hassan|
|Controversies||• The Sindh Assembly Controversy: On 29 April 2016, Iqrar and his Sar-e-Aam team members got arrested for carrying out a sting operation, highlighting the poor security in the Sindh Assembly. Their arrest was ordered by the Home Minister of Sindh. However, Iqrar and his teammates were released on bail the next morning. Daily Pakistan
• The Viral Video Controversy: In May 2017, Iqrar made headlines when his open bathrobe video went viral on the internet. In the video, Iqrar was walking around in a hotel room with an open bathrobe, and it was believed to be shot by his girlfriend in Dubai. He was bashed on social media for his act. However, he later revealed that the video was shot by one of his friends in fun. He even said that he had earlier received threats to either quit Sar-e-Aam or the video would go viral. Parhlo
• The Second-Marriage Controversy: Iqrar also attracted controversy for revealing the details of his second marriage on social media in 2018. He made a tweet revealing that he married Farah Hassan in 2012 and everyone who was closely related to him was aware of it. He further said that the marriage was done in a difficult situation and with the consent of his first wife. Parhlo
• The Slap Controversy: In May 2021, Iqrar slapped a man while taking his interview. After the incident, he was severely criticised on the social media. However, he later clarified that the man he slapped was the culprit of a minor girl's (aged 12 years) sexual assault case. He tied the girl, ripped her clothes, and blackmailed her for several years. In a video that he uploaded on his Twitter account, he said,
"When we managed to find this blackmailer. He blamed that girl saying that she stole 1.5 lakh Rs. from his car. As a human, not as an anchor, I ended up slapping him. I have not done this in hiding or in any torture room. I knew there were a lot of cameras, people were recording it on their phones but I couldn’t control myself.” Daily Pakistan
• Faced Criticism For Praising India: In January 2021, Iqrar shared a tweet that declared India as the 'vaccine hub' of the world and wrote, "India vs Pakistan. We are not even sure that we ordered the vaccine or not, banana to door ki baat (making it is another story).”
He further wrote,
"Muqabla kerna hai to taleem main kerain, science main kerain, khail main kerain, infrastructure main kerain, economy main kerain, technology main kerain … aur such ka samna kerain.”
In another tweet, he shared the pictures of the Pakistani and Indian transport, with the former being in shambles.
Iqrar made another tweet in which he mentioned how the passport and currency of Pakistan lacked in value than its South Asian counterparts. His tweets outraged many Paksitanis who severely criticised him and called him 'anti-national' for supporting India. People on social media also demanded an apology from him for his tweets. The Express Tribune
• Minar-e-Pakistan Incident: In 2021, on Pakistan's Independence Day, Ayesha Akram, a Pakistani TikTok star, alleged that she was harassed near Minar-e-Pakistan in Lahore. A few days later, Hassan interviewed her. However, people in Pakistan believed it to be a publicity stunt and bashed Iqrar for interviewing her. MM News
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||• First Wife: Qurat-ul-Ain Hassan (Qurat-ul-Ain Iqrar; Journalist)
• Second Wife: Farah Yousuf (Journalist)
|Children||Son- Pahlaaj Hassan (From his first wife, Qurat-ul-Ain Hassan)
|Parents||Names Not Known
|Travel Destination||Las Vegas|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Iqrar Ul Hassan
- Iqrar Ul Hassan is a Pakistani journalist and TV presenter who is known for hosting the Pakistani Urdu-language live investigative crime television show “Sar-e-Aam” at ARY News.
- He grew up in Faisalabad, Pakistan.
- In 2006, Iqrar joined ARY News as a reporter and newscaster.
- After a while, he was made the head of product development at ARY News.
- As the host of “Sar-e-Aam,” Iqrar has conducted various sting operations in factories, restaurants, and police stations, which proved that those institutions were indulged in bribery, corruption, and adulteration.
- In his spare time, Hassan loves to swim.
- Iqrar is fond of sweets, especially, choco lava cake.
- He is well versed in three languages- English, Sindhi, and Urdu.